• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 5: No Escape | Toronto, ON, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Vids | 11/26/2011 UPDATED

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
7. Peachy - I was really surprised that even after this hiatus, you're still able to place 7th. Good ****.
FAIR FAIR FAIR FAIR FAIR FAIR BAIR BAIR BAIR BAIR BAIR BAIR TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP TURNIP
LOL Don't be jealous of the most intense 6 min match of two Peachs unable to hit each other!! :D Thanks also for the kind words~ I'll try to keep matches with meek a little more serious next time!

Will get on shoutouts later~

Oh! Shoutouts to the 2nd match with meek >:3

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I also started the tourney later lol. Registration started at 11:30 since only 20ish people were in the venue at that point. If I was really strict, half the bracket would have been DQ'd lol.

Mprime

Smash Ace
How the hell did rhyme get outplaced by brian. Brian did not win a single set not even against dirt i believe. Rhyme won his 1st set in winners and won 2 sets in loser pools.

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
just noticed a prob with the pools... sheep beat me in pools, not the other way around :) sorry if i reported it wrong i thought i had it right :( worst pool captain ever

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
yeah sorry about that, it just owuldnt feel right not to report lol :)

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
1. Ally ($220) - It was great to finally talk to you again in person. Lunch was fun with Quebec. "Why'd you go ROB?" LOL We'll play eventually sometime =]

2. Holy Nightmare ($132) - You're very nice and cool. I can't handle your pro ROB at all. Those friendlies were fun, hope we can play again soon.

3. [YRSF] Tin Man ($66) - Thank you very much for hosting and trying to finish early. Thanks for giving me advice and allowing me to play on stream. Next time, I'll be ready for you.

5. Meekspeedy ($10) - Great Sonic! We both didn't know what to do lol You're really creative with everything, even your Wario. Let's not bring up set 2 ;P

6. Stroumbert - You're a very good player; your Falco and Falcon are amazing. I'm scared of that Falcon. You look nice with your SSJ hair. Hope we can play again when you come back ;D

7. Peachy - Nice finally meeting you, but that had to be the weirdest conversation ever. I promise next time we will have a better one and I'll introduce you to Butter.

7. V115 - I was looking forward to playing you, but we never got a chance in brackets due to a certain someone. Great job owning in doubles, I thought you would make it to GFs.

9. Sauc3 - Very cool person and a good Falco lol I want a piece of that Samus next time ;]

9. Ambrose - It was nice to see you after so long. We should've talked more, but I hope we can next time. Good job with V115 in doubles.

13. RedX - It's nice to see a Ness player place well. I would definitely enjoy playing you!

13. Zhao - Finally we meet each other. Too bad we didn't get to talk, but you were crazy in doubles. That Puigi... I'm scared of Nova Scotia ._.

17. LeafShadow - That interview was lol @ the end. We'll play for sure in the future.

17. Iliad - You have an amazing attitude and commentary. Keeping the stream "appropriate" = LOL Thanks a lot for the advice. Next time I'll be there for you too =]

17. Dan-Da-Man - I think I saw you a few times, but didn't get a chance to play or talk =/ You're cool and I'd like to play you again.

21. Poke - Thanks for the kind words, too bad we didn't get to talk as much or play at all. You really know your stuff, I might ask you for advice sometime.

21. Fuddo - Good job adapting to Zhao. I think you can go far with Pit after more experience.

25. SupremeDirt - I hope next time we can have a more "fun" set =/

25. .exe - We didn't get to play at all LOL but you know where to find me ;D

25. Inle - You know your stuff with Marth. I think you just need to practice a bit more to hit that next level.

33. Sheep - It was great meeting you. Those friendlies helped me a lot for the tourney. Lunch and that interview were too good. I hope you come down again with Quebec. Your placing really doesn't show your skill level.

Special shout-outs to Darkshadow, Butter, snake23, and HM =)

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by this?
Oh, haha. Didn't notice this until just now...mmmm for the most part, I was just saying that my troll presence in the bracket wasn't necessary and that it might have ruined some of the fun of the tourney for people. A lot of you put in legit practice and are trying really hard, so it felt sorta bad...especially since I don't care all that much lol.

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
For anyone who has matches saved on my Wii (It was the small TV in the back on the left) tell me. I don't have the names saved in the replays so I need your names of the players and and potentially the chars or stage just so I can pick out the match you're speaking of.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Iliad for ZSS take her to Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege or Frigate. I kind of had a brain fart at the tourney.

And, Sure, anyone can ask me anything about smash. I'm practically a walking smashboards.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
ZSS has major trouble on Halberd (floating part) when it's landed she can make up some ground. Though srs easy gimps when the stage is floating lmao.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Gimping on Halberd?
....You know she can go under and around if she has her downB and jump right?
Or just go through the stage.
Or just recover normally like on any other stage?

I'm confused :\

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
V if for whatever reason ZSS down Bs and misses the ledge... she can't go around the stage. She won't target the ledge. Now mind you, if for whatever reason you are in the middle of the stage underneath it to begin with... sharking maybe? Then her down b - jump should work. Speaking in a casual sense where she's pressured offstage can lead to a very easy gimp... easier if you have a projectile tbh.

Though I did say that when the stage lands ZSS is once again fine... so I'm not completely bashing her lol.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well yeah, but generally ZSS doesn't need to downB to the ledge.

Is your opponent on the edge?
If no, then tether to the edge with your amazing tether distance. Retract for invincibility when necessary, then get on stage from edge.
If yes, jump onto the stage (airdodging when necessary)/downB footstool them when they're trying to edgehog.
It's been working for me so far XD
And I don't think that anyone with a projectile is good at edgeguarding...Pikachu?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
TL if he aims the boomerang right, maybe?

:phone:
Bomb Drop Off -> Grab Ledge -> Ledge Drop -> Aim Boomerang at Opponent -> Double Jump -> Aerial off choice.

Works like a Charm.

As well as Skipping the Rang Part.

And Tin. Wouldn't that be going against one of the rules if I was a BBR Member ?

Something to think about ^-^

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
^
Not when ZSS can footstool bombs to recover XD

Or you know, jump over TL, his falling bomb and his boomerang
Superior vertical aerial mobility ftw

Top Bottom