• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shy Guy's official thread.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Shy guy is a valuble Mario character who is very unique and comical. His inclusion would be nothing less than completely joyous, no matter how low his tier will be. Anyone agree or disagree?

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Thats what this thread is about. Why not? I Think it would be fun, even if he isnt that great. I just want to see what kind of tricks Sakurai and *The Studio* can come up with for him. We needed a little lightening up in thisgame. You have to admit, he's unique.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
no that's he not a unique or comical character, but he's a generic mario enemy and doesn't belong in smash.

if shyguy were in, we could expect things like koopa or something.
and who wants to use a freaking koopa? ;\

crazyhoward

Smash Cadet
I think shy guy is awesome, but he has the same problem as toad would his body isn't really made for fighting and acrobatics

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
crazyhoward said:
I think shy guy is awesome, but he has the same problem as toad would his body isn't really made for fighting and acrobatics
I know that much, but i dont think he needs to be great, just fun. The koopa arguement is wrong, since theres a bowser already, but no shy guy boss.I just think that Shy Guy have their own personality that could be portrayed in smash.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I think the White Shy Guy from Yoshi Story was a singular character. If they remake him with a name before SSBB comes out, then there is a very high chance of him being in, imo. He's just so cool in the way he fights against Bowser and helps Yoshi.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
I think shy guy whould have the ability to steal an item, maybe when he dodges on a person, as they pass, he takes their item. It would get really annoying in an item match, but thats shy guy for ya!

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Antioch said:
no that's he not a unique or comical character, but he's a generic mario enemy and doesn't belong in smash.

if shyguy were in, we could expect things like koopa or something.
and who wants to use a freaking koopa? ;\
my thoughts exactly

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
He should have a two foot long knife.

And when he KOs people, he takes the corpse and scalps it.

Otherwise, he'd be too generic I think

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I'm tired of people saying, "Oh, they shouldn't be in, there is other people better."

That's your own opinion! One person may love the idea of Shy Guy being in Smash, yet another may not. It's your word against theirs. Just because you don't want Shy Guy doesn't mean someone else doesn't, and the fact is, someone will use Shy Guy if he is in the game. If you don't like him, don't use him.

Personally, I'm all for it. He's a neat character with virtually no identity other than his physical being. I'd actually rather see him as an enemy in the 1P Mode rather than an actual playable character. Some kind of inclusion of him would be nice.

parvus

Smash Apprentice
shy guy would be funny to play as, but the producer would rather make him an enemy, like a goomba or a zombie in 1-player modes

xianfeng

Smash Hero
asianpride3491 said:
Shy guy is a valuble Mario character who is very unique and comical. His inclusion would be nothing less than completely joyous, no matter how low his tier will be. Anyone agree or disagree?
he's not valuable if he went missing which he pretty much has from the adventure games very few people would be sad or care at all. He is forgetable and well stupid

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Shy Guy and Toad in SSBB.
But like someone said before they aren't relly built for the game and what moveset would they have?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ippius said:
But like someone said before they aren't relly built for the game and what moveset would they have?
Toad yes he is original and popular, Shyguy No he is unoriginal and unpopular

Pete278

Smash Lord
Shy Guy is totally popular. And for the last friggen time, there is a singular Shy Guy: The white turncoat Shy Guy. He may have not been named, but there is only one of him.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Pete278 said:
Shy Guy is totally popular. And for the last friggen time, there is a singular Shy Guy: The white turncoat Shy Guy. He may have not been named, but there is only one of him.
but no one remembers him and since when is shy guy popular they have been SMB2, SMW2, YS and some Mario Party and Sport games unoriginal, unused and forgettable sorry but its true

Pete278

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
but no one remembers him and since when is shy guy popular they have been SMB2, SMW2, YS and some Mario Party and Sport games unoriginal, unused and forgettable sorry but its true
He's in quite a few Yoshi games. Yoshi Story (where the White Shy Guy is from), Yoshi's Island, that Mario game where its Baby Mario and Yoshi saves him, etc., etc.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Shy guy is one of my favourite characters but i have to agree with others - he doesnt belong in the game as a playable character. Smash brothers is for ''important'' characters. Ones that have had their own game, integral to a storyline, made a memorable contribution etc.

Shy guy just isnt any of those things. But it does make me wonder what mario characters are left to add (assuming they add another 2 or 3 this game). Toad is about the only obvious one left.

Sensai

Smash Master
I always liked Shy Guy. He just seemed so cool to me.

As yall said, he isn't unique, except for that one White Shy Guy.

That being said....I have no problem with him not being unique. Shy Guy for the win.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ippius said:
I don't think that's a problem. No one knew what C. Falcon would do either, did they? He just drives a car, but now he's kick arse.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
I didnt mean unique as in "there is only one of him" i meant more of "no one else in SSB is similar to him" You have to admit, he would be different, and thus interesting.

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
i would LOVE to play has shy guy or koopa/flying koopa, You can play as the koopas in mario kart so why not brawl. Oh and a dual player could be hammer bros clone of ice climbers

.wonk

Smash Cadet
I would love to see Shy Guy in the game. Besides the fact that he is an importan character from the Mario series, he is just plain cool.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I'd love shy guy. He'd do so many random things. Lol and his jump would be crazy. He'd probably have a move like Koopa claw. Except he'd pick u up with his.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
he could pull moves from marorpg, like the slingshot or fireball, or pogostick jump.

but no. Shy guy has like 0.25% chance of being in being that he's already an enemy driving the go karts in the mariokart level. Also, generic characters = meh. Boring! There are a many many characters that would be more interesting. Maybe if they ever make a strictly mario fighter. Or a DS version with single card play or whatever.

flammableoranges

Smash Rookie
general guy

how about general guy from paper mario, he was pretty cool

He wouldnt be in his tank thing but just walking around.

a move thingy off the top of my head:

B-Tilt: sends a shy guy tower forward that acts kinda like marill from ssbm cept it dissapears before going off the edge

B-Down: a shy guy on a pogo-stick appears on each side of him and make a shockwave sorta thing like DKs

B-Up: Two Shy guys on stilts appear and launch general guy up, the stilts fall to the sides hitting people

B: whips out that lightbulb and a ring of electricity appears around general guy

one of those could be replaced with his bomb throw

Super Smash Attack: a bunch of Shy guys charge forward and through an enemy and hit him a bunch of times and than the tank drives through and hits for big damage

dash attack: does that shy guy belly slide

thats all i can really think of right now, should this be in the paper mario thread?

Top Bottom