• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

SJS

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSamus
Speak of the Gentleman, and he shall appear.
Haha... well I've been lurking for a while. Just figured I'd pop in and say some stuff.

Also, of you ever need CSPs for your vibrant recolors, just give me a shout. I can make those in literally less than a minute.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'd love to see more good Ike packs. I saw one pack that had you credited, and had the path of radiance look to it. However, I really just want the color and rim lighting of this project on a nice Awakening Style Ike.(Ranger Class, REALLY NINTENDO? The man has a one hit critical on his Over B, therefore; I shan't except anything less than Lord.)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Haha... well I've been lurking for a while. Just figured I'd pop in and say some stuff.

Also, of you ever need CSPs for your vibrant recolors, just give me a shout. I can make those in literally less than a minute.
Will do. I could definitely use 'em.

I'd love to see more good Ike packs. I saw one pack that had you credited, and had the path of radiance look to it. However, I really just want the color and rim lighting of this project on a nice Awakening Style Ike.(Ranger Class, REALLY NINTENDO? The man has a one hit critical on his Over B, therefore; I shan't except anything less than Lord.)
I'll see what I can do. I am working on Radiant Dawn's Hero Ike currently...

Oh yeah, and expect an OP revamp soon. Along with a few more re-vamps (Peach, Lucas, Bowser, are all planned thus far. Though, whether I actually end up with different results is another thing entirely)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
A preview of my Falcon & Peach updates and an additional HUD based on Smash 4's are now in the (under-construction) OP. Enjoy.

I plan to have a steady flow of previews as I work from now on.

Also, Falco's just about done.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Sonic, Peach (CSPs not done yet), & Falco are up. I'm pretty much just gonna re-do everyone I've done at this point. My mind changes far too much.

But, with the advent of 2.6, I plan to throw together a pack that I'll just keep adding to that has everything (CSS, HUD, textures) inside and toss it in the OP for convenience.

Next on my plate: Captain Falcon revamp, Bowser revamp, Link revamp, Lucas revamp, Wario, Wolf

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm tempted to drop everyone and work on Meta Knight, but I think I can manage jumping around a bit. I really want to tackle the Zelda characters next any how. Speaking of which, Link is being revisited. Smash 4 has shown me a good way to add color to realistic characters better.

Bowser's just about done, Falcon has one costume left, Lucas' revamp is just getting started. Again, if anyone has idea's, do mention them. I may not use them, but they do get me thinking.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm tempted to drop everyone and work on Meta Knight, but I think I can manage jumping around a bit. I really want to tackle the Zelda characters next any how. Speaking of which, Link is being revisited. Smash 4 has shown me a good way to add color to realistic characters better.

Bowser's just about done, Falcon has one costume left, Lucas' revamp is just getting started. Again, if anyone has idea's, do mention them. I may not use them, but they do get me thinking.
Awesome! I hope I didn`t pressure you into trying to do metaknight. If I did I am very sorry.

Also that link looks amazing!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
@Qx7 - Don't worry about it, I'll take my time either way.

Great thread! Is the Smash Wii-U HUD with White -> Yellow -> Red Damage compatible with 2.6?
Yeah, it should work just fine. Keep in mind, I do have an update planned for it. Boozer should be up in a little bit.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I usually hate textures that go over the default character texture (Fit[Name]00) but I love these!

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Oh oh, since your moving towards zelda characters, can you make a purple ganon texture? I know that there is one in the vault, but its not that much purple...
I want him to be like, purple hair, purple everything, ya know; i would understand if you couldnt

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Was gonna come by to drop a comment on how much I loved your square stock HUD but then I saw the SSB4 and almost cried. I love you.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

But can you make a Project M CSS/BP Pack? :D
Please?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I usually hate textures that go over the default character texture (Fit[Name]00) but I love these!
I'm the same way actually. I'm super picky about replacing defaults, but these are pretty much the same costumes anyway so they're fine.

Oh oh, since your moving towards zelda characters, can you make a purple ganon texture? I know that there is one in the vault, but its not that much purple...
I want him to be like, purple hair, purple everything, ya know; i would understand if you couldnt
Hm...we'll see what happens when I get to Ganon. Toon Link 'll be after Link because he desperately needs it.

Was gonna come by to drop a comment on how much I loved your square stock HUD but then I saw the SSB4 and almost cried. I love you.
Thanks man. The updated one should be a bit better and more polished.

Why isn't Link out yet? Because I wanted to do this:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
For you CSP's and BP's could you leave them as MiscDataXX and InfFaceXXX files instead of pictures? That would make putting them into the game a lot easier.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
For you CSP's and BP's could you leave them as MiscDataXX and InfFaceXXX files instead of pictures? That would make putting them into the game a lot easier.
Not a bad idea. Just trying to keep DL sizes down somewhat. The pictures are for people who don't want to use all of the textures in the packs as well, but I'm going to release a pack that is literally just plug & play with everything in the right spots.

I should mention, the current game plan:

- Release Link
- Finish HUD & Update CSS
- Release Plug & Play Pack
- Back to Work

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The spin attack is still orange (it has the purple on it but its blocked by the orange unless you go into camera mode) was this your plan because it looks alot
different from this: (Yes I put in the FitLink.pac)

I don`t mean to be rude and I am sorry if I am I just want to know if you intended to have orange block the purple or if its a accident.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
The spin attack is still orange (it has the purple on it but its blocked by the orange unless you go into camera mode) was this your plan because it looks alot
different from this: (Yes I put in the FitLink.pac)

I don`t mean to be rude and I am sorry if I am I just want to know if you intended to have orange block the purple or if its a accident.
Thanks for the check. Fixed. I had a orange flash over-lay set to appear. Re-download to fix it.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Thanks for the check. Fixed. I had a orange flash over-lay set to appear. Re-download to fix it.
It looks awesome. I like how you kept a small bit of orange at the edge of the spin.

EDIT: After a while of testing I don`t think it got fixed. it still looks like the orange is blocking the purple

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
How to I edit the random stage select icons on the grid CSS? I'm using it for both brawl and P:M, and the changed icons are kind of annoying. Do I extract some files from the original common5.pac? Also, have you planned on making a matching SSS and/or menu?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Please make MetaKnight some good vibrant edits Shun. It seems that most "Color Enhancements" on Brawl Vault are just people going ham with the bucket tool. Not the most pleasing thing on the eyes if you ask me. :/

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It looks awesome. I like how you kept a small bit of orange at the edge of the spin.

EDIT: After a while of testing I don`t think it got fixed. it still looks like the orange is blocking the purple
Updated again with the file from my SD card. At this point, I've noticed myself that the effect looks rather subdued at times, but test it on Hyrule Temple to make sure it looks like the picture.

Still really love all your vibrant textures, hope to see more of them!
I was hoping you were still around checking this stuff. Glad you are enjoying it!

How to I edit the random stage select icons on the grid CSS? I'm using it for both brawl and P:M, and the changed icons are kind of annoying. Do I extract some files from the original common5.pac? Also, have you planned on making a matching SSS and/or menu?
Yes, the files are in sc_selcharacter2_en inside of your common5. Just look through the textures of ModelData0 to find 'em.

No SSS edits planned at this point. If I keep adding stuff, I'll never finish what I got currently! One man can only do so much at a time.

Please make MetaKnight some good vibrant edits Shun. It seems that most "Color Enhancements" on Brawl Vault are just people going ham with the bucket tool. Not the most pleasing thing on the eyes if you ask me. :/
*akward smile* Yeeeeeeeah...Meta Knight 'll be along when he's done. Good news is, I finished the stuff I needed to, so all that's left is to take some screens then upload it.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Could you update this for 2.6 (add MK)?

Also could you do it with your Fox, Ganon and Link Icons in the first post?

Absolutely love your work! Its amazing!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Could you update this for 2.6 (add MK)?
Also could you do it with your Fox, Ganon and Link Icons in the first post?

Absolutely love your work! Its amazing!
CSS Updated for 2.6 (as well as that HUD I was finishing).

As for your icon want-age, it's not too tough to add 'em yourself. I left some (simple, I hope) instructions in the OP. All you need is BrawlBox to make the quick edits.

And a big thank you for enjoying what I do. Puts a smile on my face every time.

I added a Poll as well. I'm kinda curious to see how many people actually vote.

Tero.

Smash Champion
CSS Updated for 2.6 (as well as that HUD I was finishing).

As for your icon want-age, it's not too tough to add 'em yourself. I left some (simple, I hope) instructions in the OP. All you need is BrawlBox to make the quick edits.

And a big thank you for enjoying what I do. Puts a smile on my face every time.

I added a Poll as well. I'm kinda curious to see how many people actually vote.

Thanks for the update!

I can't use BrawlBox because of Mac, but thanks anyway, the new one looks awesome even with the ugly Brawl Fox and Ganon :D

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks for the update!

I can't use BrawlBox because of Mac, but thanks anyway, the new one looks awesome even with the ugly Brawl Fox and Ganon :D
Well, since you've gone and told me you can't use BrawlBox...I think I can whip something up for you.

Loading a link...

Whammo. Download for Tero

Tero.

Smash Champion
dude thank you so much!

edit: its not working, but dont worry I will just use the normal one

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I don`t know how I feel about the new HUD have you thought about curving the border so its not a straight rectangle. I just kinda like it better that way but that's just my opinion.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Updated again with the file from my SD card. At this point, I've noticed myself that the effect looks rather subdued at times, but test it on Hyrule Temple to make sure it looks like the picture.
Still looks orange (also does link have a MotionEtc (I think thats what its called) in 2.6 because I think I might have deleted it)

EDIT: Sorry that it took so long to test this, I fell asleep.

Top Bottom