• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wow you guys had trouble with the Final Boss? The few before it gave me muuuuch more trouble. I think I died once during the final boss, but I beat it the next time.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I agree, I think the final boss was a bit challenging, but not too bad, especially in comparison to you-know-who.

And no, not Voldemort.

I beat him on maybe my third try?

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
*gets flashbacks of ether pools*

I've always dreaded fighting that boss during my playthroughs.
*memories of party members dying in the ether and not being able to save them without taking unnecessary damage*
*flashbacks of enemy minions giving extra defense*
And we can't forget
"YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE" x 100
I swear that's all the boss says during that fight, omg

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
*memories of party members dying in the ether and not being able to save them without taking unnecessary damage*
*flashbacks of enemy minions giving extra defense*
And we can't forget
"YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE" x 100
I swear that's all the boss says during that fight, omg
"Enjoy this battle, for it will be your last!"

*Cries*

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wow, playing New Game + on Bravely Default is fun. I inherited my job levels and equipment, so the first two chapters have been a breeze. I didn't start taking real damage until Florem, and I only just suffered my first KO, from the Land Turtle in Mount Fragmentum. :/

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Whaa...? Did you not know about it? How in the world did you get through the game with Shield at 1? Did you not use skills either?
:link:
Oh no, I was well aware. I am in fact well-versed with the Xeno series, and RPG's in general. At first, I wasn't certain as to which arts would be the most useful, nor did I have them all at the start, so I told myself I'd hold out until I had obtained most of them, and found out how I would like to prioritize everything. Eventually that happened, and I was just like "Eh, I'll continue to wait", seeing as how I hadn't really struggled. The only things that really took me a few tries story-wise were "Disciple" and the final boss. . . I suppose I'm just good at the game(?). Ha. I didn't give it much thought. . . About upgrading, I mean. I just used the limited arts at the opportune moments, and with a little adaptation and strategy, found success I did in fact fill my Skill Tree(s) for the most part though, seeing as how I completed almost every side quest I was able to at that point. I haven't played in some time now, but I should still have a save of my first file before the point of no return, if ever I need to bring it up again. Ha ha.

Edit: For the people conversing about Bravely Default, here is something cool that I can show you; Back in March of last year, I had uploaded this photo of my progress onto Miiverse. When I get into an RPG, I tend to want to grind and have complete control of everything. . . BD offers so much EXPl early on, it was almost begging me to grind every time I had obtained a new class! I do sometimes maybe go a little overboard, though. Heh. ;w;

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wait you guys managed to beat the final boss in two tries, I literally had to reattempt it 64 times
Well, I did use Sharla and Riki, so I was healing constantly. That's how I like to play most games, in the safe zone. •w•

Zacko

Smash Cadet
Wow you guys had trouble with the Final Boss? The few before it gave me muuuuch more trouble. I think I died once during the final boss, but I beat it the next time.
Disciple Lorithia was by far the hardest boss for me, probably because I had been focusing too much on physical attacks up to that point, but her difficulty level really took me by surprise as I didn't have a lot of trouble with any other boss in the game.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Disciple Lorithia was by far the hardest boss for me, probably because I had been focusing too much on physical attacks up to that point, but her difficulty level really took me by surprise as I didn't have a lot of trouble with any other boss in the game.[/spoilers]
Might want to cover that one up, considering the character you're talking about.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Wait you guys managed to beat the final boss in two tries, I literally had to reattempt it 64 times
Yeah, I used Melia/ Shulk/ Dunban, for what it's worth. I pretty much had Dunban agility tanking everything, Shulk using his Monado Arts when necessary, while I played Melia and just kept spamming Thunder. It worked well.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I beat the final boss on my first try... Shulk/Dunban/Riki really is the greatest team. Monado Arts, the best tank in the game, DoT and access to healing gg

Lorithia though.... I tried Shulk/Dunban/Riki on her. It doesn't work, just saying. I went and did some quests, got all the fourth skill trees and extra Monado Arts and then came back with Melia/Sharla/Riki (Ether Riki is OP especially with the Banquet Biter) and beat her :p

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Just completed Smash 3DS. That took a long time T.T

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

I think Chuggaa's new video relates to recent topics. :)
(WARNING SPOILERS AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE)

D

Deleted member

Please don't remind us of THAT game and THAT boss *shivers*
I'm sorry berserker, but... it's... it's... it's...
IT'S NO USE!

I think Chuggaa's new video relates to recent topics. :)
(WARNING SPOILERS AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE)
Funny how we were just talking about an annoying boss from another game that spouts one line over and over again.
YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE! YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE! YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!

[collapse=Spoilers]Chugga summed up quite nicely as to why I hate Bionis Interior.
I do like how the area looks aesthetically and it is a stark contrast to the rest of the areas on Bionis.
However, the area itself really sucks. I hate how the area was designed; I was lost in this area quite frequently. The enemies were very powerful; this was the first and only time in my playthrough where I had to level grind. There isn't much room to battle on and, because of this, I get hit by knockback, went into the Ether pool below, and had to suffer watching a slow and agonizing death. That happened to me several times. I am also not a fan of the music; it's by far one of my least favorite tracks in Xenoblade (Ether Mine is a contender for this "honor" as the worst track in Xenoblade). Finally, the boss sucked. I didn't have as much trouble with Lorithia, probably because I level grinded, but I will never forget "You'll pay for your insolence."
Thankfully, Prison Island is an amazing area to (kind of) make me forget my horrible experiences in Bionis Interior.[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
[collapse=Spoilers]Chugga summed up quite nicely as to why I hate Bionis Interior.
I do like how the area looks aesthetically and it is a stark contrast to the rest of the areas on Bionis.
However, the area itself really sucks. I hate how the area was designed; I was lost in this area quite frequently. The enemies were very powerful; this was the first and only time in my playthrough where I had to level grind. There isn't much room to battle on and, because of this, I get hit by knockback, went into the Ether pool below, and had to suffer watching a slow and agonizing death. That happened to me several times. I am also not a fan of the music; it's by far one of my least favorite tracks in Xenoblade (Ether Mine is a contender for this "honor" as well). Finally, the boss sucked. I didn't have as much trouble with Lorithia, probably because I level grinded, but I will never forget "You'll pay for your insolence."
Thankfully, Prison Island is an amazing area to (kind of) make me forget my horrible experiences in Bionis Interior.[/collapse]
It's really the only poorly designed area in the game. *Sighs*

But you're right, the next area after that is also one of my favorites. And "To The Last Battle" is such an amazing track!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You know it's funny.

I always hear how terrible the bionis interior boss is. The funny thing is I beat her on my first try by a complete fluke.

First, I had topple resist gems on Melia so I was able to constantly spam my high damaging arts with her.

Second, when everyone but Melia (Who I was controlling), was out, I had no party gauge left, and my hp was low. She just...stopped attacking me. I'm serious. She had a decent chunk left, and she just let me kill her. She. did. NOTHING. :p

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Regarding that boss fight,
When Lorithia says that Telethia means that which eliminates impure life, does it actually mean that?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I'm just hoping Chuggaa goes with the
Shulk, Reyn and Fiora party for the final boss. I know Reyn doesn't have much to do with the final boss directly, but i mean...It'd be like a crime to not have the original party and 3 amigos go up against the God of their world to save the world. Plus, it feels so...fitting. Im hoping Chuggaa adheres to this, but i won't be too sad if he doesn't.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
I keep seeing all this talk about an upcoming boss later, but I'm still in the first fight against Jade Face. What tips can anyone give me for him when I get back to Xenoblade?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
You know, i think an unsung theme in Xenoblade has to be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iI-mQybTgA

It's definitely become one of my favorite themes of the game easily, seriously, how do not more people know this one?

It was so fitting when it played at the end of Colony 9,
when Shulk and Reyn began their journey to avenge Fiora. It was...kind of fitting when Bionis awakened and the High Entia were reverting i guess...

And it was soooooo fitting when Kallian talked to Melia after the fight with Lorithia. It's so FREAKING GOOD. Seriously, this game, <3.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Got beaten to it by five minutes. Cue America crying. And me crying, because I bought my N3DSXL about 5-6 days ago, I freaking knew this would happen.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Lady Meyneth...
Your icon with that comment reminded me of how much I love this scene. Just... The sheer, subtle heartbreak in Egil's voice when he realizes the woman he literally worships is no longer on his side. It's just... Ouch.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
You know, i think an unsung theme in Xenoblade has to be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iI-mQybTgA

It's definitely become one of my favorite themes of the game easily, seriously, how do not more people know this one?

It was so fitting when it played at the end of Colony 9,
when Shulk and Reyn began their journey to avenge Fiora. It was...kind of fitting when Bionis awakened and the High Entia were reverting i guess...

And it was soooooo fitting when Kallian talked to Melia after the fight with Lorithia. It's so FREAKING GOOD. Seriously, this game, <3.
This is actually one of my favourite tracks from the game. I'm not sure if it scrapes my Top 5, but certainly within my Top 10. So many emotional sections associated with it. I agree that it's underrated, but that's probably because it gets overshadowed by things like You Will Know Our Names in general, and Engage the Enemy pretty much tops the music for cutscenes. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.

I keep seeing all this talk about an upcoming boss later, but I'm still in the first fight against Jade Face. What tips can anyone give me for him when I get back to Xenoblade?
I liked that fight because it did something different. If I recall correctly (and I might not), he'll break off his attempt at sniping you with Linear Laser if you hide behind the barriers that mark the way to him. Either that, or he just doesn't try to use it in the first place. So if you can't afford to get Monado Shield up, go and hide. I think this is the first battle where I really say Battle Soul's potential - to keep putting up Shield. Kill some of the enemies on the way instead of just sprinting, because it'll let you build up the Talent Gauge for Shield and Party Gauge for revivals. I stuck with Shulk for this one, but I don't think it'd be necessary.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone ever mention Once We Part Ways?
I dunno if I would put it in my top 5, but definitely somewhere in my top 10. It's such a beautiful track.
I love how this song is associated with the emotional "good-bye" scenes in Xenoblade.
Shulk and Reyn leaving Colony 9 to avenge Fiora.
Gadolt sacrificing himself to save Sharla and the crew from getting killed by Agniritha's destruction.
Having a bitter-sweet good-bye with Tyrea.
And ultimately wishing away the need for gods, and by extension the Bionis, to create a new universe with no need for them.
I love this song not because it's associated with such powerful scenes, but the song itself just has this mix of a melancholy feeling mixed in with the feeling of hope. It starts off sad, but the ending leaves a sign showing a resemblance of hope.

I'm not sure if this was already brought up or not but:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/02/1...late-for-new-nintendo-3ds-is-coming-to-japan/
AHHHHH JAPAN PLS
I NEED THIS!
XENOBRAWLER610 WANT TO PLAY WITH MOOONAAAADOOOO!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Got beaten to it by five minutes. Cue America crying. And me crying, because I bought my N3DSXL about 5-6 days ago, I freaking knew this would happen.

*SCREAMS AND VOWS TO BRING DEATH TO ALL*

Nintendo: "But there's no market for a small 3DS in the west, obviously!:bee:"

Me: I hate you and I hate life. *cries in the corner*

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

Nintendo probably could have solved this issue by simply removing region locking.
It baffles me to see that they still have it.

Top Bottom