• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

All you people with your Xenoblade Chronicles X while I'm just gathering notes to play in this game in the future... :urg:

Well, at the very least, if I made comprehensive notes on Xenoblade Chronicles, I might as well do the same. For example, I've already made a note on Lin's first affinity mission.
I really feels ya man. I really feels ya.
And the whole Nintendo super ultra hyper hype announcement...its Minecraft. Honestly I don't really care. Its on PC that's all I need. BUT it does say something. Something that's actually kinda cool.
Microsoft owns Mojang which owns Minecraft. For Minecraft to be on Wii U or any gaming thing that isn't Microsoft made. Then a friendly deal need to be made. Nintendo and Microsoft made a deal for this to happen. So with Cloud being in Smash4 (A Nintendo and Sony deal) and Minecraft being on Wii U (A Nintendo and Microsoft deal) That means all of the 3 big gaming companies are being more friendly and less murderous to each other.
I can sense something big coming. Something that only these three companies working together can do...

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I really feels ya man. I really feels ya.
And the whole Nintendo super ultra hyper hype announcement...its Minecraft. Honestly I don't really care. Its on PC that's all I need. BUT it does say something. Something that's actually kinda cool.
Microsoft owns Mojang which owns Minecraft. For Minecraft to be on Wii U or any gaming thing that isn't Microsoft made. Then a friendly deal need to be made. Nintendo and Microsoft made a deal for this to happen. So with Cloud being in Smash4 (A Nintendo and Sony deal) and Minecraft being on Wii U (A Nintendo and Microsoft deal) That means all of the 3 big gaming companies are being more friendly and less murderous to each other.
I can sense something big coming. Something that only these three companies working together can do...
The next smashbros will have 60 different GAMES, than just 60 different characters?
Banjo might come in?
More and more possibilities.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Monado Master Monado Master @TrueSapphire I feel the same way you do. I haven't beaten the original game yet so I guess I do have a lot of time to finish it. Then again I do plan to go for 100% (besides achievements)

D

Deleted member

hmmm, I thought X had Shulk amiibo support.
Guess not. Wish they did though.
I am disappointed that the game doesn't have support for the Shulk amiibo.
I thought that it could be used to give you his clothing, the Monado as a weapon, or even have Shulk as a playable character. It's a shame that isn't the case...

D

Deleted member

My biggest complaint with X so far is that switching characters is handled poorly in this game.
In the original Xenoblade Chronicles, and even older RPGs like Chrono Trigger, I can switch between characters on the fly through a menu or button. Even if some RPGs don't have that feature, they at least contained an area where you can easily switch characters, like Final Fantasy VI.
Here... the characters are spread all over NLA. I can't keep track of where everyone is and I can't switch freely anywhere...
I hope Nintendo and Monolith Soft make a patch that enables us to switch characters easier or contain them in an area like the Barracks. It kinda makes me want to just stick with the PC, Elma, and Lin and switch to some other character whenever I feel like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
My biggest complaint with X so far is that switching characters is handled poorly in this game.
In the original Xenoblade Chronicles, and even older RPGs like Chrono Trigger, I can switch between characters on the fly through a menu or button. Even if some RPGs don't have that feature, they at least contained an area where you can easily switch characters, like Final Fantasy VI.
Here... the characters are spread all over NLA. I can't keep track of where everyone is and I can't switch freely anywhere...
I hope Nintendo and Monolith Soft make a patch that enables us to switch characters easier or contain them in an area like the Barracks. It kinda makes me want to just stick with the PC, Elma, and Lin and switch to some other character whenever I feel like it.
Well I don't exactly mind it as all of them are marked on the map. Just fast travel besides them and talk to them to recruit them. In the afternoon preferably since I don't they appear in the night.

The thing I mind more is that I am unable to see the description of the skills that are on the armours and weapons. Some are pretty easy to understand, others not so much. Is it just me, or is there no easy option to do so?

And also the unique items that tyrants drop. I am never able to see it in the inventory -_- Is it some sort of collectible?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii U eShop recently. Nearly 30 hours in so far, at the Tomb of the High Entia or whatever it's called.

Really enjoying it so far. It's a fantastic game, easily one of my favourite RPGs already.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Started the game yesterday. Really enjoyed it so far! The music was a bit jarring at first, but they are enjoyable.
Stopped a little after choosing a division which was the Pathfinders. (Hope that was a good choice)

Gonna play some more tonight.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I enjoy seeing people so passionate and happy with one of the high quality jrpg's.

Sometimes I forget that this is a thread about smashbros.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
After a lot of sidequesting and just wasting time trying to kill bosses 10 levels above me and even higher than the rest of the party, I decided to proceed with the storyline.

Finally got my hands on the huge mechs! Skells or dolls whatever you want to call 'em!

Awesome! Although they do drive a bit wonky.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Look at this 100% legit highly accurate artwork of Japan's DLC characters that we got for free - H.B., Yelv, Alexa and Bozé. I've been keeping an eye out for them as I play through the game. (I'm sorry, but I'm really not.)
xenobladexdlcdeg.png

xenobladechroniclesxdlccharacters.jpg
Couldn't resist, they looked a little familiar to me.
When I first saw "Reserves" I thought it meant I could take 4 character "in the field" and 4 more characters as backup that I could switch between when I was out there. I'd have been fine with that. Alas, it was not to be...

D

Deleted member

When I first saw "Reserves" I thought it meant I could take 4 character "in the field" and 4 more characters as backup that I could switch between when I was out there. I'd have been fine with that. Alas, it was not to be...
I thought that was the case as well!
It would be nice if we could actually reserve team members...

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Hi guys what is up. Haven't been here for a while.

I'm debating if I want to get Xenoblade X. I heard good and bad things about it.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hi guys what is up. Haven't been here for a while.

I'm debating if I want to get Xenoblade X. I heard good and bad things about it.
Bad things would be?
I am honestly curious, if theyaresomething major, or the little things I noticed aswell.

And If you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles before, I'd advice you to get it aswell, you get a discount at X if you have it.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I finished the first Xenoblade on the original Wii and I liked it.

Bad things I heard is that story is not as engaging as the first one and forced to do certain tasks before being able to move on to another area.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I finished the first Xenoblade on the original Wii and I liked it.

Bad things I heard is that story is not as engaging as the first one and forced to do certain tasks before being able to move on to another area.
Seems to be correct. It's not as engaging, but it's still pretty solid imo.
And the forced stuff, I can't really comment on that yet, barely played the main story yet... *cough*

D

Deleted member

Anyone else turn off the miiverse posts?
The L+A posts were pissing me off.
Is it in Settings? I know that they should let you block those posts...
Also, I don't think the block feature works... if it does, it doesn't notify me.

D

Deleted member

Social settings.
Turned off the miiverse posts ingame.
I think I will turn off Miiverse comments. The L+A comments are really annoying and I keep on seeing the same comments over again.
Honestly, I'm not surprised that the comments are like this...

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
My copy of X finally came. The first thing I noticed was not the expansive landscapes or the developed characters, but rather the hilariously awful lyrics of Black Tar. Like srs, some of the lines have become memes already. "Shoot them with your guns". I legitimately lol'd at that when I first saw that. The song is rockin', but the lyrics... the lyrics. That's all I can say.

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
My copy of X finally came. The first thing I noticed was not the expansive landscapes or the developed characters, but rather the hilariously awful lyrics of Black Tar. Like srs, some of the lines have become memes already. "Shoot them with your guns". I legitimately lol'd at that when I first saw that. The song is rockin', but the lyrics... the lyrics. That's all I can say.
It's Hiroyuki Sawano's work, it was bound to be cringe-inducing (though I like Black Tar's lyrics).

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
How good is Xenoblade? Is it KH/ ocarina goodness or is it a sorta good sorta meh game?

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
How good is Xenoblade? Is it KH/ ocarina goodness or is it a sorta good sorta meh game?
Well, the original Xenoblade is my second favorite game if that's any indication.
In the words of my friend who's probably quoting someone else: " 's REEEEEALLY GOOD."

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
As someone who places Majoras mask as most favourite game of all time...
Xenoblade chronicles, the original one, Is -far- superiour to KH, most of the final fantasy games, and better than ocarina of time, if... we can even compare them.

If you played KH, then Xenoblade's fighting system is not -that- complicated for you. It simply is -too- big/good. The only bad aspect is how it looks sadly 480p wii graphics weren't the best. But they have amazing music, and landscapes... *sigh*

I could go on, but the best way to say it... "yes".

Last edited:

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Wow I've been gone for a long time. Just in time for Xenoblade Chronicles X (Even though I don't have it yet)!

How is it anyway? Is the story any good? Are Skells cool? Can I make a good Fiora?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Wow I've been gone for a long time. Just in time for Xenoblade Chronicles X (Even though I don't have it yet)!

How is it anyway? Is the story any good? Are Skells cool? Can I make a good Fiora?
Not as good as the original, but it's fairly decent and fun. AND JUMPING. <3

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The original was really really good. Although you have to bear with the MMORPG elements of gathering items and killing X enemies. Those sort of side quests don't float everyone's boat. The world, atmosphere music, everything was awesome. Amazing fusion of JRPG and MMORPGs in my opinion.

Xenoblade X to me is also an amazing game. Sure some of the accessibility is annoying I guess (too many collectibles, some descriptions aren't easily found), and the storyline might not be as good as the original (well that usually happens with huge open world games), but the rest of it is gold.

Look at this 100% legit highly accurate artwork of Japan's DLC characters that we got for free - H.B., Yelv, Alexa and Bozé. I've been keeping an eye out for them as I play through the game. (I'm sorry, but I'm really not.)
View attachment 86941

View attachment 86942 Couldn't resist, they looked a little familiar to me.

x D Nice!

Funnily enough I got more attached (and usage)to my B-team i.e. H.B, Alexa and Phog rather than the A-Team of Lin, Lao and Elma (yes I know, they are of similar classes), doing side missions and killing tons of monsters.

Side Note: Skells are pretty overpowered sometimes (well they still do get blown by level 50 insects). Made the main storyline somewhat of a joke x D

Not as good as the original, but it's fairly decent and fun. AND JUMPING. <3
To be honest I wouldn't directly compare them. They are both my favourite RPGs in the recent years (and maybe all time).

Xenoblade X is on a much grander scale with pretty lofty goals above the original. It does improve on a lot of the inconveniences of the original, while introducing some of its own due to the extreme amount of variety.

The original had an experience more entwined around the storyline while the second introduces a silent and highly customizable (weapons, classes, etc.) protagonist with a more open world experience.

Definitely agree with the jumping though. Best feature ever!

Great, I made another wall of text -_-

Last edited:

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
So from what I've been hearing,it seems like everything other than the story, and probably the music for me, is better.

And I hear you can't change the breast size on women in the US version which I find hilarious. Whatever. I just wanted to make Fiora anyway, and they even gave me the perfect voice for it too.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll most likely get Xenoblade X when it gets a price drop since I don't have the time to play it at the moment (unless I bring my Wii U to my dorm).

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
So I started playing XCX yesterday. First impressions - wow this story is slow. Like I wanted to get to the Chapter 4 story mission and I couldn't do that until I explored 15% of Primordia and completed some missions. Except a lot of the probes need to be Mechanical level 2 or 3 to plant, and I foolishly chose to raise my architecture level. Why. So I try to do missions to raise my Blade level to get mech level 2, but a lot of them are on another continent, and are the awful "get a bunch of this thing" type quest. I am not that strong. After finding a lot of those things you have to open by pressing A a bunch, I was able to get 16% and continue with the story. It was kind of a drag.

Also there is so much to learn. This game feels really different from XC in almost every way. Like the battle feels different, quests are way more important (everything seems to be done through quests). Topple seems to last less, the cooldown for the Topple art is ridiculous, I have a really hard time targeting enemies (I have to basically cycle through every one because the game has a very different idea from me of what "left" and "right" are), the story seems less important (and most people seem to agree about that, which is a shame because I loved XC's story and characters), and everything feels huge. Traveling is another chore.

Right now I'm almost having like a fear-based response where I'm like "this isn't how XC did it!!?!" but I'm trying to soldier on and not compare every aspect of it. It's hard because XC was one of my favorite games, but I want to give it a fair chance. I don't even have a Skell yet (where is my own personal Metal Face), so I'm really far from anything happening.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I heard stuff like that, that was what I was afraid of. But do you like it regardless or does it boggle down the quality for you?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm still playing Xenoblade and I have a question.

I'm almost 50 hours in and I'm at the part where Egil started moving the Mechonis. Gadolt died (or so it would seem), and the Allied Forces got messed up by the Mechonis sword moving.

Am I actually far? Halfway? Not even that?

It really feels like I'm at a climax, but I keep hearing people say it takes 100 hours or more just to complete the story here.

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I'm still playing Xenoblade and I have a question.

I'm almost 50 hours in and I'm at the part where Egil started moving the Mechonis. Gadolt died (or so it would seem), and the Allied Forces got messed up by the Mechonis sword moving.

Am I actually far? Halfway? Not even that?

It really feels like I'm at a climax, but I keep hearing people say it takes 100 hours or more just to complete the story here.
You're actually halfway through the game now (or even a little more than that). For me, it took me 80 hours, 23 minutes to beat story mode without doing everything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You're actually halfway through the game now (or even a little more than that). For me, it took me 80 hours, 23 minutes to beat story mode without doing everything.
I guess I still have a ways to go then.

Also does this game let you save after the final boss, or is this one of those games where you can't save after beating it so completionists may as well do everything else first?

Top Bottom