• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've been playing Xenoblade 3D for nearly two weeks now. I'm doing better than I was on the Wii version, but there is something kinda bothering me.

Has anyone here EVER got tokens from streetpass? I went out of the house five times with my New 3DS XL in my pocket in sleep mode and never got one token.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I've been playing Xenoblade 3D for nearly two weeks now. I'm doing better than I was on the Wii version, but there is something kinda bothering me.

Has anyone here EVER got tokens from streetpass? I went out of the house five times with my New 3DS XL in my pocket in sleep mode and never got one token.
No, because I don't have the game. :p

I would assume the other people have to have xc3d and have streetpass enabled to get tokens.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Street Fighter had 2227, Wii U had 1926, and Melee had 1869.
There are couple of Wii U + Melee contestants, so how much is Melee+Wii U?
I'm so glad the community grew this much <3
Whic community? Xenoblade community or Smash community?
I really want to play Xenoblade 3D, I will get the game when I have chance.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Before I continue with this post. If posting something about a YouTube video is against the rules lets me know and I'll change it.

You guys wanna have a laugh or an urge to murder puppies, then go to YouTube and look up a video called "BAD GAMES: Xenoblade chronicles (3ds/Wii) review!" By Jake auralight. Caution when watching this video. Do not have any sharp objects when watching this video.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Before I continue with this post. If posting something about a YouTube video is against the rules lets me know and I'll change it.

You guys wanna have a laugh or an urge to murder puppies, then go to YouTube and look up a video called "BAD GAMES: Xenoblade chronicles (3ds/Wii) review!" By Jake auralight. Caution when watching this video. Do not have any sharp objects when watching this video.
Is this scrub serious? I give that game a perfect 11 out of 10. Everything in that game was perfect.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Is this scrub serious? I give that game a perfect 11 out of 10. Everything in that game was perfect.
Now not everything in this troubled kids video is wrong. This games graphics are not exactly good when close up, but half of this ran- I mean review is on the graphics. I mean my god we get it. The graphics are not great like the awesome graphics of ff7 (his opinion not mine). Graphics in a game really don't matter. If I can understand what's happening in the game, then the graphics are fine by me, and only once did I not understand what's happening in this game, and that time was during the final boss last phase and everything happened at once and the game fussed up and ran at like 3-4 fps for a bit.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
^That is the problem with this kid. For wii graphics, you can tell they put as much work as the could handle. He needs to take this game as its own thing, not Final Fantasy. This kid lives in a ****ing fantasy from what I can tell.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
^That is the problem with this kid. For wii graphics, you can tell they put as much work as the could handle. He needs to take this game as its own thing, not Final Fantasy. This kid lives in a ****ing fantasy from what I can tell.
Actually the graphics really aren't even near the true potential of Wii graphics. Look at Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Sonic colors.The graphics look great when far away like in gaur plains OH WAIT A SECOND he didn't get that far in the game. Why? BECAUSE HE WAS TO BUSY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FREAKING GRAPHICS!!! He also said the games setting was boring. *tosses in Xenoblade chronicles into Wii for fresh file*. Lets see here. Two massive titan like beings having a sword fight with one using a light-like beam sword and the other using a gear-y machine like sword. Yep, toooooooooootally boring.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Urge to murder puppies? What?

Xenobalde Chronicles a bad game? Seriously? I'm just a bit sick to see troll videos.
Now not everything in this troubled kids video is wrong. This games graphics are not exactly good when close up, but half of this ran- I mean review is on the graphics. I mean my god we get it. The graphics are not great like the awesome graphics of ff7 (his opinion not mine). Graphics in a game really don't matter. If I can understand what's happening in the game, then the graphics are fine by me, and only once did I not understand what's happening in this game, and that time was during the final boss last phase and everything happened at once and the game fussed up and ran at like 3-4 fps for a bit.
Just say it's a rant video.

Edit:
I check, so it's Gligar13Vids eh? He's a gaming troll.
He's just like mariotehplumber who likes to make so-called review videos. His voice sound way better than MTP though.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Kids these days... graphics, graphics, graphics. Shame they'll never appreciate gems like Megaman or Zelda II that way. And if for some reason they do, then they're flaming hypocrites.

Anyone else feel that sometimes game difficulty is inversely proportionate to graphics? Granted, some games are tough no matter what, but if you look at Mario as an example... Or Megaman...

Also, while people on Anther's Ladder are generally nice, that chat room gives me cancer sometimes... I mean, come on, where are the mods?

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Actually the graphics really aren't even near the true potential of Wii graphics. Look at Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Sonic colors.The graphics look great when far away like in gaur plains OH WAIT A SECOND he didn't get that far in the game. Why? BECAUSE HE WAS TO BUSY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FREAKING GRAPHICS!!! He also said the games setting was boring. *tosses in Xenoblade chronicles into Wii for fresh file*. Lets see here. Two massive titan like beings having a sword fight with one using a light-like beam sword and the other using a gear-y machine like sword. Yep, toooooooooootally boring.
Xenoblade + boring? 2+2= fish?

Kids these days... graphics, graphics, graphics. Shame they'll never appreciate gems like Megaman or Zelda II that way. And if for some reason they do, then they're flaming hypocrites.

Anyone else feel that sometimes game difficulty is inversely proportionate to graphics? Granted, some games are tough no matter what, but if you look at Mario as an example... Or Megaman...

Also, while people on Anther's Ladder are generally nice, that chat room gives me cancer sometimes... I mean, come on, where are the mods?
Kids now a days. Call of duty is the best game ever cause it has good graphics. Yes the frame rate gives you eye cancer and the controls suck, but graphics!

Call of Duty was a good game because it was a good shooter until the developers just milked the crap out of it, recycled the gameplay, and shoved in half-baked new ideas and concepts

Also, I hate Smash 4 wifi. It's literally unplayable for me

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Call of Duty was a good game because it was a good shooter until the developers just milked the crap out of it, recycled the gameplay, and shoved in half-baked new ideas and concepts

WIFI is all right. Its my training hub practically.

Lol Amnesia grind tiem

Not going to the weekly that I was suppose to go to today due to the rain and thunder storms being strong

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
For Glory is terrible. It's full of lag and people who taunt when you mess up because of it. I only use it as a last resort if I don't have any other way of playing opponents who aren't level nine CPUs.

Also sorry for not posting here for a while. I have returned

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For Glory is terrible. It's full of lag and people who taunt when you mess up because of it. I only use it as a last resort if I don't have any other way of playing opponents who aren't level nine CPUs.

Also sorry for not posting here for a while. I have returned
Ever notice people on 3DS for glory constantly flashing the character select screen? It's morse code. F-U-@-@-Y-O-U

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Kids these days. Cranky Kong knew, HE KNEW, all those years ago...

Yeah, not many though. I went to a convention a month or so back and picked up about 11. Which is actually pretty low because usually I go to these things and every single Streetpass game caps out.
Except Dillon's Rolling Western 2, the time I had that active... one person over the whole weekend.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
I've pretty much replaced For Glory with Anther's Ladder. Virtually all the players are skilled, you get actual communication, and you don't have to be stuck on FD, unlike For Glory.
And you get to use your fun taunt messages for when you get the craziest of KOs. Ridiculous back slash read + "Get noscoped" taunt = satisfaction at its finest.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've completely quit Roll Glory and moved onto Anther's. It's so much better; I can actually play people who know how to play the game :^) Everyone on Anther's is so much nicer too. For Glory is like:

but people on Anther's actually say gg, give advice, and ask for advice. I'd definitely recommend that everyone tries it out

Sandfall

Stage Designer
For Glory can be pretty unplayable most of the time since it doesn't seem to match you up to people close to you often. Not to mention the huge amount of people that have awful, awful Internet connections. Also, FD is cancer in this game (yay laggy projectile camping).

Anther's ladder is pretty nice, but the tiny bit of lag on wifi (even with a good connection) takes some getting used to. I have a hard time with hitting my techs, power shielding, and air dodging at the right time online.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I've completely quit Roll Glory and moved onto Anther's. It's so much better; I can actually play people who know how to play the game :^) Everyone on Anther's is so much nicer too. For Glory is like:

but people on Anther's actually say gg, give advice, and ask for advice. I'd definitely recommend that everyone tries it out
Riki's face though

asdf.png

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Anther's Ladder, a.k.a SmashLadder.com. I agree, people make an effort there, and are willing to trade tips. I won't name any names, but there are a few people in the 3DS chat who usually keep the main chat filled with PG-13/R rated nonsense on a prepubescent level. ( Sorry if that sounds a bit whiny, but I've grown tired of competitive game hosting sites becoming overrun with people who make it much harder to actually have deep discussions about the meta...)

For some reason, I feel like my Robin is a bit better than my Shulk, despite the huge gap in the amount of time I've put into each, and the relative rarity with which I play Robin lately. I guess it comes down to my struggles to master Shulk's lag.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
I won't name any names, but there are a few people in the 3DS chat who usually keep the main chat filled with PG-13/R rated nonsense on a prepubescent level.
You'll have that anywhere, really. Even Smashboards is guilty of this to a certain degree. On Anther's Ladder, most of the best metagame discussions are in private 1 on 1 chat rooms. But really, metagame discussions are for Smashboards anyway.
I've actually gotten more than a few people ask for advice on the Ladder after playing them, and let me tell you, it's pretty satisfying passing on your Smash knowledge to another aspiring Smasher.

Last edited:

XcerosZeku

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Zeku
3DS FC
2878-9650-2437
Hey all, I know this is random but I am having some trouble in spacing people out like sheik and falco since they make you approach with projectiles and they can get in fast, any advice?

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I actually had a bad first impression on Anthers at first. The chat room on the side reminds me of kids who think they're mature. I got my butt handed to me most of the time in actual matches. In one match I was actually winning for once but the other player salted out and left leaving me very confused. I felt like a scrub. Kirby is my only secondary and he doesn't help against Shulk's bad match ups.
I bet it is good and better than FG but my nerves and from what I've seen didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.
Also try to ignore those youtube troll videos. One kids opinion isn't going to affect you. All I can do is hope he stops trolling or actually gives the game a chance. If he doesn't I don't really care.

Hey all, I know this is random but I am having some trouble in spacing people out like sheik and falco since they make you approach with projectiles and they can get in fast, any advice?
Falco's projectile sucks. Just shield that and punish Falco if you're in range

Basically against projectiles, you're gonna have to approach them but make sure that you're close enough such that you're at mid-range position against them (Do NOT stay at CQC distance against them)

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I actually had a bad first impression on Anthers at first. The chat room on the side reminds me of kids who think they're mature. I got my butt handed to me most of the time in actual matches. In one match I was actually winning for once but the other player salted out and left leaving me very confused. I felt like a scrub. Kirby is my only secondary and he doesn't help against Shulk's bad match ups.
I bet it is good and better than FG but my nerves and from what I've seen didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.
Also try to ignore those youtube troll videos. One kids opinion isn't going to affect you. All I can do is hope he stops trolling or actually gives the game a chance. If he doesn't I don't really care.
Yeah, that's fairly accurate about the side chat, though twice now I've seen an actually decent discussion, one time being about customs and Shulk. Someone salted out? That's the first I've heard of that happening. I'd say that sticking to friendlies is your best bet for now, and you'll attract more help by opting for Endless Friendlies. Getting your butt handed to you shouldn't be a bad experience either, in fact, it means there are a lot of people there who can help make you better. I'm still losing most of my matches there, but they're getting closer and closer as I keep practicing. Some Shulk and Robin dittos I've played have been particularly fun. In fact, you'll learn an especially fair amount from dittos, as you can see how better players react and what strategies they use.

Fun fact: I almost won a Shulk ditto today by the extreme unpredictability of my Arts switching, born out of mashing one time too many several times in a row. Accidentally hit Shield, so I got a couple hits in, deactivated, then switched to Smash (:O). Sent him flying a little, then got in Buster. Etc. Still lost though, but it was heck of a lot of fun.

Another question for the social: What's your opinion on clans in Smash? Good? Bad? Helpful? Someone on Anther's asked if I wanted to be in a clan...

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
*dusts off the thread* I don't know why, but this lack of posts worries me!

And Clans/Teams are mostly made of people, who need each other support, like getting money together for an trip to a tourney and represent said team, getting sponsors, or simply train with them.

Nothing wrong, but I for myself think, "clans" are something that is more meant as fun, and not as compeditive.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Falco's projectile sucks. Just shield that and punish Falco if you're in range

Basically against projectiles, you're gonna have to approach them but make sure that you're close enough such that you're at mid-range position against them (Do NOT stay at CQC distance against them)
What's CQC?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I signed up to Anther's Ladder. Although I haven't used it. I have learned that my internet connections speed consistently makes my opponents whinge at me so I don't bother. It's a shame because I really think I'd learn by playing against a wider variety of people.

Edit: Just realised I wasted my post #600 on complaining. Classic me.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
If you were expecting Photoshop quality, you'll be disappointed.

@ Solfiner Solfiner is better at this stuff compared to my MS Paint magic.
You thought I was never gonna do it huh

you were wrong

Top Bottom