• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Sorry, that was my fault. It was Chorus Men, not K. Rool. It all starts to blend together.

Rule of thumb, though; Pix or it didn't happen. The leaker's throwing in false information on top of his true claims, making a big mess out of everything and potentially screwing up a lot of people's impressions of the game when it comes out.
Yeah that's why I raised an eyebrow at the Koopalings, I'm gonna take it into account and not disregard it completely though cause he did predict Shulk's 5 styles so I'm just gonna keep track of how much he gets right.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
This does not confirm the leak, it confirms Shulk is in the game. The character select screen is complete crap, the person who made it obviously got a hold of official art work and that's it. The videos and other screen shots I will except.

I am excited to play as Shulk regardless though, he looks like a cool character.

On another note, was that DrEggman's voice at the end of the trailer or a character from Xenoblade with a similar voice to the Sonic villain?
I thought the same, but if you compare Shulk's space in the official page with the leak, you will see that same image with the same pink colour on the back.
This make me sad :'(

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
For everyone who hasn't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet, Check this out! :grin:

It's Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3DS! If this is released in the west it will become a whole lot easier to get your hands on a copy for a decent price...

P.S. Apparently it is exclusive to the "new" 3DS model that they announced in the same direct
And the existance of this very trailer immediately gives me deja vu about when Brawl was coming out, I remember Brawl had a Japanese feature trailer just like this a few weeks before the Japanese version came out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh really now, is Shulk in the game?

I want my Impa confirmation soon.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I'm glad, but I can't say his presence is that much surprising; we all expected him thanks tothe Gematsu and the more recent leak.

What surprised me, however, was his artwork, being the same seen in the leak, adding more credibility to it.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Apparently it's a leak I haven't heard of before. Thing is the Gemastu leak was shoved in our faces for so long. I don't really ever go looking for leaks though. *shrug*
Which leak is it?
An ESRB reviewer(supposedly) leaked photos and videos from the material nintendo sent them to review the game for rating.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Anyone who doesn't believe the leak now is beyond delusional.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
in the video at 1:26 Shulk is getting health from that little guy

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Shulk honestly looks a lot like Brawl Ike in terms of gameplay. If dashdancing is implemented, I'm not sure if he will positively or negatively affected. He'll have an easier time dealing with projectiles than Ike did, but it will be so much easier for Shulk to get baited and punished, and it seems like his moves aren't fast enough to work well with dashdancing.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I thought the same, but if you compare Shulk's space in the official page with the leak, you will see that same image with the same pink colour on the back.
This make me sad :'(
I said that the leaker was able to get a hold of official art to make it, besides that red/pink color was an easy guess because it's the color of his sword and clothing.

D

Deleted member

omge da leek was reel!!,!.1

i hope we see judge dredd, michael jordan, and goombella for smash for!!! ,

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
Shulk's alt was made so the 'feminists' can stop whining about Samus
That and to show how huge hypocrites they are. Wonder how many of them are whining about this? Anyways Shulk looks awesome cant wait to try him out!!!

EVF Kuzonoha

Smash Rookie
What if this pic leak was real? What if his friend is the leaker from shulk and bowser jr videos? Im so hyped right now about shulk that this pic, maybe is real :joyful: . This pic appear yesterday on 4chan, and I post it here in the other topic. When i saw it, I said, yeah another fake, but then I started to look it with more attention and I realized "Hey maybe this is how it look the full rooster? " Im really happy, shulk is going to be one of my mains, together with megaman. :chuckle:

Attachments

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
That huge shadow at the end above the Gaur plains stage???!! Does that mean Metal Face is a boss??! But whenever Sakurai deconfirms a character, he does so explicitly... something fishy's going on. Why would Sakurai only reveal Metal Face's shadow without actually mentioning him by name?

Guys, Metal Face wasn't deconfirmed like your usual character. I think Sakurai's trying to tease us! Metal Face is going to be a playable character!!! But they're gonna have to resize him... he is a bit big.

Last edited:

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Oh man does Shulk look interesting. Being able to switch modes mid combat to counter bad match ups. Might end up being my main if he's that versatile.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
This does not confirm the leak, it confirms Shulk is in the game. The character select screen is complete crap, the person who made it obviously got a hold of official art work and that's it. The videos and other screen shots I will except.

I am excited to play as Shulk regardless though, he looks like a cool character.

On another note, was that DrEggman's voice at the end of the trailer or a character from Xenoblade with a similar voice to the Sonic villain?
The last remaining denialobite in existence. A truely astounding species.

Last edited:

AceX19

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4656-5889-8524
.......SHULK THO!!! I might have to switch mains...AGAIN! lol #TeamReal #MonadoFriday

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Absolutely loath saying his name.. Not a pretty sounding group of letters in English. Also reminds me of She-Hulk.. lol

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
What if this pic leak was real? What if his friend is the leaker from shulk and bowser jr videos? Im so hyped right now about shulk that this pic, maybe is real :joyful: . This pic appear yesterday on 4chan, and I post it here in the other topic. When i saw it, I said, yeah another fake, but then I started to look it with more attention and I realized "Hey maybe this is how it look the full rooster? " Im really happy, shulk is going to be one of my mains, together with megaman. :chuckle:
Sorry, that leak is fake. Some of the icons differ slightly from the actual leak. They are really good photoshops created by a guy named Freepdied on Youtube. Close but icons like Jigglypuff, Doctor Mario and G&W have slight differences from the first actual leak.

We just discussed this on the official Leak page if you'd like to take a look.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't as excited as most people for Shulk, since I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles and I would rather have the playable magic swordsman spot go to Isaac. The trailer itself didn't even impress me too much.

However, the Miiverse update sold me with the Monado Arts. I was hoping for something like this with Greninja and the protean, but I'm just happy that we have a character that can change stats during battle.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Warning Received
Really, I mean you are entitled to your opinion but I reckon that will be the least interesting trailer. I'm waiting on Duck Hunt Dog.
If Duck Hunt Dog is real I'm legitimately going to boycot.

*naughty things*

Last edited by a moderator:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
The last remaining denialobite in existence. A truely astounding species.
Sorry if I don't trust a poorly made roster. I've seen better Photoshopping done by children. G&w's hand reaching into Wario's square, Wario's pic was from a snap shot of his trophy in the game, ganondof's was most likely the same or from the results screen. The placement of characters didn't make sense; dr Mario, dark pit, and lucina stick at the bottom for no reason, yoshi in the middle of the "Mario" characters. Think about it, why would sakurai place characters like that?
Not the delusional one or in denial. I merely look at what's placed before me and made my conclusion.

The full roster select screen is fake. Period.
The videos and other screen shots were used to make it.

Top Bottom