• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk 101: SSB4 Wii U Shulk Guide

Shulk 101: SSB4 Wii U Shulk Guide

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Jerm submitted a new guide:

Shulk 101 Guide

An extremely in depth guide that goes through every aspect of Shulk in a large amount of detail.

It starts off with the arts, followed by his specials, and then it goes into his A attacks.

Any aspiring Shulk main should see this at least once!

Read more about this guide...

Last edited:

Mike444

Smash Cadet
your guide got me into shulk and he's SOOOOOOOOOOO fun. Would love to 1v1 sometime and learn more if you're down!

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Thanks for the guide, Jerm! I was already interested in Shulk, but you pointed out some very good stuff I hadn't noticed.

The_Goofyborn

Smash Cadet
NNID
The_Goofyborn
Probably super late for this, but thanks a ton, Jerm. This guide really helped me improve my Shulk. I still have a long way to go, but every step counts.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
your guide got me into shulk and he's SOOOOOOOOOOO fun. Would love to 1v1 sometime and learn more if you're down!
Always down for them Shulk Dittos! Just yesterday during my stream I fought 6 viewers in a row who were all Shulk xD

SVGK

Smash Rookie
If you want to unlock the customs, I would advise Crazy Orders, and in classic mode, always pick Gaur Plains as the stage if you see it (custom moves in classic mode are tied to the stage you fight on).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Probably the customs, gotta unlock them all first!
I can definitely help ya out with the Customs guide if that's okay with you Jerm. I have them all & have tested them out in the lab, played with them offline with friends & online too.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I can definitely help ya out with the Customs guide if that's okay with you Jerm. I have them all & have tested them out in the lab, played with them offline with friends & online too.
Sounds good yo! I managed to unlock all of them as well. I shall let ya know when I plan to make the customs guide :p I have 2 videos in mind before it so won't be for a little bit.

Zacko

Smash Cadet

Great new video Jerm! Would love to see more "tech-videos" or just videos focusing on a specific combo or monado art!
One thing you didn't mention in the video though, is that you can use airslash backwards out of shield, which seems really useful for when people are coming at your shield from behind.

Last edited:

RomanRamen

Smash Rookie
NNID
RomanRamen
3DS FC
1993-9497-6990
Hey Jerm I remember watching this when you first posted it. It helped a ton to somehow combo with this character like nair being the combo starter. I was just wondering since the game's been out for a while if there's anything you'd add or change to the guide. Great video though.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
BTW, I dunno if it's just me, but Shulk's downthrow no longer kills at 100(in Smash mode). I tried it both in a real match(where I was 100%, thus rage was applied) and in a training match(which, IIRC, does not apply rage mode. It may have changed though). Note that I was against Marth in both games.

His Smash art'd Dthrow does kill at 130% near the edge though. This was also against Marth.

The reason I say all this is because the video(at around 12:00) says that Dthrow kills at 100%. It does not.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
BTW, I dunno if it's just me, but Shulk's downthrow no longer kills at 100(in Smash mode). I tried it both in a real match(where I was 100%, thus rage was applied) and in a training match(which, IIRC, does not apply rage mode. It may have changed though). Note that I was against Marth in both games.

His Smash art'd Dthrow does kill at 130% near the edge though. This was also against Marth.

The reason I say all this is because the video(at around 12:00) says that Dthrow kills at 100%. It does not.
Which version are you on? it was for 1.0.5 or lower I believe

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Don't believe them. It was all tested. Lol.
Actually, he was nerfed.

See my post:

Natch said:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Actually, he was nerfed.

See my post:
I just tested it.
There is no difference in kill % between 1.05, and 1.06 (unless Mario changed weight or something).

I'm going to assume you were testing on the 3DS version.
The %'s in the video were likely based off the Wii U version and the 3DS has noticeably larger blastzones.

Top Bottom