• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shufling vs djc

DonEdgardo

Smash Cadet
ok so here is what i got so far...

DjC
-Can be lower than a shuffle
-Its way much easier
-Can be risky not having your Second jump

Shuffle
-its way more complicated
-you dont waste your second jump

my question is... people insist on using shuffle sometimes rather than DjC... why?
when? and for what?
please help

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I guess they choose SHFFL over DjC, BECAUSE it is tougher to do, but I ask you, why cause the extra stress associated with much more twitchy button presses?

Way I see it:

SHFFL= 4 buttons presses (if you count Control stick down as a button press)
DjC= 3 button presses

SHFFL= MUCH more lighter presses and quicker fingers to perform
DjC= You have to press lightly if you want to aim it low, but you can do it so much quicker than SHFFL because the buttons you press are basically two buttons, one button being pressed one extra time.

It comes down to efficiency. Some people just have an easier time doing one over the other.
SHFFL looks a tad more flashy than DjC, but flashiness can easily be obtained by sick combos over crossing a level.

For me though, DjC all the way.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
There's more than that. For one, you should be constantly switching between them. If an enemy knows you constantly DjC, they can simply get the timing of it down and attack you, or the same if you shorthop, and with Ness, if the enemy knows what you're going to do, they can USUALLY mess you the hell up. The timing between a DjC and a Short hop is different enough that it would at least cause them to hesitate, giving you a possible chance to attack. In addition, if the enemy has a habit of hitting you into the air , the short hop is definitely better since it allows you to escape combos(**** YOUR UAIR, FOX!) using the second jump. There's also different uses for each, but those are more situational and there's no real point to listing them here.

DonEdgardo

Smash Cadet
its true its verey situational, and thanks for the tip of making my opponent hesitate ... i like that lol

means i gota master those sh. I'm preatty rough w/ my controller means i gota practice those to switch and mix sh and djc

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i'd like to point out something missing in this topic!

DjC and SHFFL are nothing alike....DjC is more like a SH

now SHFFL and DjCFFL...

those are what should be compared...like this

SHFFL
-easier to get hit out of
-less at risk(whole double jump left for recovery)
-easier to do
-requires slightly better sense of timing(shorthop frames and fastfall frames are part of SHFFLing that arent needed as part of DjCFFLing)

DjCFFL
-much faster than SHFFL making it harder to get hit out of and allows for attacks to be used much more rapidly
-higher risk(you've spent your double jump)
-because you can control the height of your jump, you can fast fall anywhere rather than just at the peak of your jump like with SHFFLing
-more button intensive(requires one extra button press than SHFFLing and since u are ending your attack sooner than with SHFFLing you also have to press button more rapdily to continue using DjCFFLs)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
DjC'ing is MUCH harder than shffling. You have to press like 5 buttons at the same time.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Okay, yeah, sure it takes more button presses, but it's also a lot more automatic. There's no real wait time, if you're doing a DjC bair you have to do EVERYTHING right away, you jumptwicehittheabuttonpressdownassoonasthehitboxcomesoutandthenpressRassoonasyoustartfastfalling

Because you're so low and it happens so fast you don't really have time to stop. It sounds bad, but once you know this, you can just press the buttons without thinking, and it becomes as simple to you as simply pressing the A button, after a while.
\

Also, I've been practicing using up as a second jump when doing DjC uair, it makes it REALLY fast, I actually foot cancel more often than not when doing it. I tried using the same theory with the other attacks using tilts, and while it's a tiny bit faster, it's also a lot harder to pull off. I dunno, anyone else do it this way?

Top Bottom