• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shroom for the Stars: Captain Toad for Smash 4! CHAPTER 11: IT'S A MII; TOAD!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
so in a way the koopalings got in before toad

the koopalings of all the over used pointless characters
Well I mean if we're counting Koopalings; Daisy is also more playable than Toad.

Hell; LUMA is more playable than Toad. That's the real slap in the face right there.

Better unlock that Toad hat for my Mii Brawler. Can still dream.

I guess these forums will be getting archived soon, so I'd like to thank all the Toad Brigade members I met over the past year and a bit! It's been a pleasure Toad Brigade but this looks like the end for now!

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
I guess these forums will be getting archived soon, so I'd like to thank all the Toad Brigade members I met over the past year and a bit! It's been a pleasure Toad Brigade but this looks like the end for now!
I look forward to supporting Captain Toad/Toad with you all again in the future! Perhaps if/when news of DLC is mentioned we can open up the doors of speculation again. This has been a wild ride and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed... But I came to terms with Toad's exclusion awhile ago. I'm so glad we have an awesome Toad game to tie us over!
It has been an honor speculating with you, my fellow Toad fans!

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Wait, there's an end to this thread? B-But who else will fangirl with me over Captain Toad news? NUUU!

I'm gonna be so sad without you guys ;-;

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all for the great support you've provided for Captain Toad. The hype train was rough and while our poor Toad didn't make it...I'll definitely help with Toad's support the next time too.

Captain Toad for DLC I hope! It's been a blast with you all! (Perhaps we can continue our discussions in the Toad Brigade group?)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wait, there's an end to this thread? B-But who else will fangirl with me over Captain Toad news? NUUU!

I'm gonna be so sad without you guys ;-;
Well I hope everyone here will frequent the Captain Toad Treasure Tracker thread at the very least. We still have more Toad discussion to be had.

We could always make a group I guess too?

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
So they get deleted?? Why didn't I know about this? D:

Well I hope everyone here will frequent the Captain Toad Treasure Tracker thread at the very least. We still have more Toad discussion to be had.

We could always make a group I guess too?
Might as well

Just invite all the frequent posters there

Edit: Someone should start making one right now

Last edited:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
There's a Treasure Tracker thread? Man, completely forgot about that. *facepalm*

A group would be sweet too. We got plenty of Captain Toad to talk about in the coming months!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Ooo! I'd love to get invited to a group about Toad. That seems nice cx

Also, where's the Treasure Tracker topic? I'd love to have it :o

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Ah dang it - here I was thinking that there was a Treasure Tracker made since the e3. x.x

I guess there isn't one...

Weird, I guess I mixed up thinking the original Toad Brigade thread was a Treasure Tracker topic back then. DX

A group would be nice then. The revival of the Toad Brigade.

Last edited:
I'll start the group then. Where do we put it under? Uncategorized? General gaming?

EDIT: Alright, the group was made. Tell me if I missed someone

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I thought I'd revive this thread since the Captain has a great chance of becoming DLC.

As for a stage, I was hoping for the Starshroom. You could travel to the different galaxies, with the Starshroom being the area you are always sent back to.

A Treasure Tracker stage is more likely though.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
DLC confirmed. We're sort of back
Damn it... stop giving me false hope, Sakurai! :awesome:

Interesting how the Wii U starting roster has :4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4bowser::4bowserjr: which makes :4drmario: the only unlockable Mario character... and no Mario character DLC isn't announced... but there's always Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker with amiibo.

Oh, and the Wii U starting roster also has :4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja: which means there's no unlockable Pokemon characters but :mewtwomelee: is DLC.

No... must resist... false hope...

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
I mean... I dunno... maybe it's me being naive... but I think our Captain is a possibility once again (especially if Treasure Tracker sells well) So I don't think your hope is false! I'd love a Captain Toad DLC pack with Captain Toad as a playable character, a Treasure-Tracker inspired stage, and The Toad Brigade as an assist trophy!
.... Now I can't stop day-dreaming about it.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ahhh...I missed this thread. Hell, I missed this forum.

So was anyone else annoyed that the 3DS version didn't even have a TOAD hat for the Mii Fighter, just a super mushroom one? That was lame.

In other news; DLC IS a thing, but I wonder if it's a lot to expect many new characters. Judging by the time scale until release it takes 6 months + to make a single character. Sure hope there's more than one team working on this.

Also Link's amiibo confirmed to be compatible with Hyrule Warriors, a game previously non compatible with amiibos. Outside shot Captain Toad could be retroactively added as DLC and his game's amiibo will work?

Probably don't put too much stock in it though, I'm just spitballing here.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want him so bad it hurts.

Bonus points if he has a Toadette skin.

Who would've thought Toadette would get a starring role in a major Mario game?

So much love.

I'll just wait and see. If creating a character takes so long, I'd be better off playing around with my main (Shulk).

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I think Captain Toad is easily the most likely DLC newcomer. He's from an established series, which means he'll most likely appear in future games, he's popular, he can easily be unique, and he's especially relevant right now. I really don't see many points against his inclusion.

I got a moveset

When you input jump, those purple platforms from Treasure Tracker will rise up from below him

BAM. He doesn't jump but having an additional platform can add some depth

And make things favorable against Little Mac :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I got a moveset

When you input jump, those purple platforms from Treasure Tracker will rise up from below him

BAM. He doesn't jump but having an additional platform can add some depth

And make things favorable against Little Mac :troll:
But what about when Toad double jumps? More platforms appear?

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Captain Toad's new game created a character that would make sense in Smash Bros. While people before argued that Toad had no fighting experience in canon, now we have a character that has actually adventured, and it was a huge one! Not only that, now he's not competing with Waluigi for the power up gimmick!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, if no one minds, could I be put on the support list for Captain Toad? I managed to catch some gameplay of his game and I have to say, I'm impressed! He (and Toadette) both look like they have really creative moveset potential for SSB and I would be more than happy to see Captain Toad as DLC for SSB4!

Also, can I just say I will totally give Masahiro Sakurai TOTAL props, if he DOES add Captain Toad as DLC for SSB4, AND decides to probably "sweeten the deal" by adding Toadette as an alt. skin for Captain Toad in the style of Captain Olimar and Alph/Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. I would want to get DLC like that even more than ever! It would finally give Toad the recognition he truly deserves, along with giving Toadette a big (playable) role in Smash, without any complaints or overshadowing Toad somehow.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
Captain Toad shouldn't be in the game, but Toad with alt skin of him/inspired moves should get in.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I feel Captain Toad is a likely newcomer, and since we've got a Yoshi's Wooly World stage, it's safe to say we can expect him as DLC. It seems like it wouldn't take very much time at all to make a moveset based on Treasure Tracker from it's trailer, and that game isn't even out yet.

Anyways, count me as a supporter. I won't be surprised if he makes it in.

Captain Toad shouldn't be in the game, but Toad with alt skin of him/inspired moves should get in.
Why? Captain Toad is his own unique character, and Toad is still a Peach move. I'm pretty sure if what you said was going to happen, then they wouldn't have made Captain Toad his own character.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Add me as a supporter. Captain Toad would be an amazing newcomer. I don't care if Mario is over represented. One more wouldn't hurt

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
About the whole issue of Cpatain Toad not being able to jump, he can still jump in Smash since it isn't canon to begin with. All Fox did was fly in an Awring and Captain Falcon never did close combat, but that didn't stop them from being who they were in Smash since canon doesn't apply to their games of origin.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Add me to the supporter list. I think Mario is ridiculously over-represented in Smash (7 characters?! Really?!) But if Captain Toad is the very last Mario character, I'll greatly support that. Can't wait to play Treasure Tracker, looks like a really fun and enjoyable game!! :)

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
I have been looking for this thread for like ever. This is one of my most wanted characters. Please Add me to the Supporters List.

Also I feel like It's Weird how The Mario(7) Series has more characters then Pokemon(6), Zelda(5), and Kirby(3), Which are arguably Nintendo Big Four Series, I'd Expect them to be more equal.
Mario::4mario::4luigi::4bowser::rosalina::4peach::4bowserjr::4drmario:
Poke::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4lucario::4charizard::mewtwopm:
Zelda::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4link::4tlink:
Kirby::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:

I feel like all four need one more character, The Same could be said for DK(2), Fire Emblem(4) and Metroid(2)

I think Captain Toad, Sceptile, Impa, Bandana Dee, Dixie, K. Rool, Ephraim, and .... Ridley...(There isn't any other character) could fit as DLC, and would be my personal picks for DLC.

Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Impa, K. Rool, and Ephraim are the 5 I want most... in that order.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
All supporters have been added to the OP. Azure Warrior I presumed you were a supporter, but if this is not the case PM me and I'll remove you accordingly.

I guess we've all been snoozing for a while. Guess we're waiting on further information on Captain Toad before we start discussing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All supporters have been added to the OP. Azure Warrior I presumed you were a supporter, but if this is not the case PM me and I'll remove you accordingly.

I guess we've all been snoozing for a while. Guess we're waiting on further information on Captain Toad before we start discussing.
No worries, I'm a supporter for Captain Toad. Especially since I loved the Captain Toad levels in 3D World and plan on getting CTTT soon.

Top Bottom