• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Moozle

Smash Champion
Ally living with Samurai Panda is like Splinter living with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Amazing living with DIZAM. Also, I agree, Castle is sweet!

REL38

Smash Lord
I read the blog. Glad to see Youko still giving us updates on what's goin' on. I've seen a few other podcast hosts mention that they're having trouble with their podcast. They just end up falling into obscurity and are never heard from again. It's good you still update us on what's going on.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thanks, man. I do what I can.

Speaking of which, just posted a new entry. I'm kinda growling at Majora's Mask.

I'd LIKE to say we'd be able to make a relatively short pre- and then post-E3 episode in the near future. We'll see how that goes.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I think that the short pre/post e3 episodes would be a good idea. Although I must say, my favorite SMYN episode was the long post e3 episode, 38 I think.

Also, I think Majora's Mask is the worst Zelda game, it's too frustrating, and it takes away from the adventure fun when you have a stupid time limit. However, I don't think any Zelda game is bad. I'm going to with hold judgement on Spirit Tracks, I just want Nintendo to do a good job.

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Dang. It's been a while since I checked this out, man. Last episode I downloaded was the one with Egoraptor. I didn't know things had taken such a bad turn. :( I hope things get better for you, man.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
So today in english class our teacher was telling us how to make podcasts, so I put on my ipod and listened to some SMYN for a real lesson.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So today in english class our teacher was telling us how to make podcasts, so I put on my ipod and listened to some SMYN for a real lesson.
**** right.

So Panda's going to be in Chicago this weekend for a tournament and I think I might join him for commentary purposes. Who knows, it's possible that we'll be able to squeak out something for pre-E3.

Anyone interested in finding your way to Chicago? Come on, you could meet us, be there for a potential in-your-face live recording of an episode, and enter a plethora of fighting tournaments while you're at it!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231883

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'd love to, but unfortunately, my schedule isn't quite so willing...

Funny, that's the THIRD time this month that I've tried to go down to Chicago for something and been prevented because of scheduling conflicts.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I'm glad things are getting better. I would definitely like to hear some commentary. I'm just wondering if it will be on live stream.

:023:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Also, I think Majora's Mask is the worst Zelda game, it's too frustrating, and it takes away from the adventure fun when you have a stupid time limit. However, I don't think any Zelda game is bad. I'm going to with hold judgement on Spirit Tracks, I just want Nintendo to do a good job.

Gonna pretend that you didn't say that. It seems like everyone that hates Majora's Mask criticizes the 3 day feature. Whereas I love it, and it seems like everyone who loves it thinks it's the best Zelda game of all time. It took everything from Ocarina of Time and made it better. The transformations were amazing, the dungeons were better and longer than OOTs, and much, much more. I personally think it's the greatest game of all time fyi.

As for SMYN...there has gotta be a pre/post E3 episode. AVATAR RELATED!

Exia 00

Smash Champion

Gonna pretend that you didn't say that. It seems like everyone that hates Majora's Mask criticizes the 3 day feature. Whereas I love it, and it seems like everyone who loves it thinks it's the best Zelda game of all time. It took everything from Ocarina of Time and made it better. The transformations were amazing, the dungeons were better and longer than OOTs, and much, much more. I personally think it's the greatest game of all time fyi.

As for SMYN...there has gotta be a pre/post E3 episode. AVATAR RELATED!
Agreed!

What type of sick minded freak wouldn't want a new Metal Gear ?

Moozle

Smash Champion
Woo I'm going to the tournament too! I'm excited to hear that you guys will be commentating, seeing as I think you guys do a really good job. Hope to see you there!

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
Agreed!

What type of sick minded freak wouldn't want a new Metal Gear ?

me.

j/k anyways, glad to hear things are getting better. And I am so happy that

1. I'm graduating High school tomorrow

2. The Grinder, Silent Hill, and Muramasa The Demon Blade are coming to the Wii.

Anyways, good luck youko! Good luck with the podcast and life.

kigbariom

Smash Lord

You gotta stop pretending things, I said it and I mean it. I don't love the 3 day feature and I don't love how you can't take your time, sure you can use the reverse song of time, but you lose things during the process. It's more fun to take your time because you can do the side quests like in OOT, the races, challenges, and games. I don't know, I just think OOT is better.

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
me.

j/k anyways, glad to hear things are getting better. And I am so happy that

1. I'm graduating High school tomorrow

2. The Grinder, Silent Hill, and Muramasa The Demon Blade are coming to the Wii.

Anyways, good luck youko! Good luck with the podcast and life.
Hmph, well I'm glad you're excited, because I'm freaking terrified.

Darkurai

Smash Master
You gotta stop pretending things, I said it and I mean it. I don't love the 3 day feature and I don't love how you can't take your time, sure you can use the reverse song of time, but you lose things during the process. It's more fun to take your time because you can do the side quests like in OOT, the races, challenges, and games. I don't know, I just think OOT is better.
This argument seems to be dangerously developing into "everyone's opinion is wrong except mine". The three-day timer is not bad, nor is it good. People simply like it or don't like it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Guys, get over Majora's Mask.

The game is frickin' amazing. I just hate it with a burning passion.

So...if we WERE able to make a pre-E3...something...what kinds of questions would you want answered?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The MGS thing is tricky and definitely deserves a mention, especially with its latest update. inFAMOUS looks badass - Panda's probably about halfway through an evil run of that game.

Anyway, as posted on the blog, this basically sums up what we're up to this weekend and early into next week:

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQJWJVnJC0A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQJWJVnJC0A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Predictions on what Capcom's mystery game will be (all we know is that it's an action game that's a sequel to an existing franchise), what changes you think will be in the US version of TvC (i.e. new characters, online, etc.), what you think the Kojima teaser with Big Boss and Raiden means, thoughts on any and all big pre-E3 announcements and of course, general predictions about games the three hardware manufacturers will be announcing and demoing during the press conferences.

I'm gonna make some out there predictions based on little to no fact whatsoever: Elite Beat Agents 2, a new Darkstalkers, an MGS game involving some sort of time travel for PS3 and 360, confirmation of a new Kid Icarus's existence, a new Sonic Unleashed game that either removes the werehog or replaces him with Knuckles, a new Tranformers game set during the events of Beast Wars, Jet Force Gemini 2 and/or Killer Instinct 3, a new Zelda game developed by Retro, a localized version of Made in Ore, and a new Telltale episodic series based on Animaniacs.

REL38

Smash Lord
W00t Ep. 49 CONFIRMED!

I've always been a Nintendo buff so I'd wonder if Nintendo will deliver and give us something to look forward to. Hopefully something dealing with Pikmin 3, Zelda, or Kid Icarus.

Since Nintendo seems to be bringing back some of its old IP's like Punch Out and Kid Icarus, then I suggest bringing back Ice Climbers!

(just for you Youko)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nintendo better not bull**** us like last year with Wii Music. We need new StarFox and F-Zero.

Revven

FrankerZ
Will anything make Samurai Panda like Nintendo again and/or change his opinion of them if their Press Conference is anything exciting? If so, what would change his view of Nintendo?

Do you guys think Nintendo will do ANYTHING for the hardcore fans this year? I'm sure they will talk about The Conduit and how that's delivering to the hardcore fans but, that's just 1 game, how is 1 game going to last an entire six months until next year? Case in point, will Nintendo announce anything significant to US or will they take a backseat like last year and give us Wii Fit 2?

Finally, and this is just a general question, how big are your hype meters? (If you have any type of measurement of hype) because for me, I don't have a whole lot of hype unless Nintendo announces Star Fox for the Wii or something...

What about Sony and Microsoft? Anything big you guys are expecting from them?

Those are all my questions really.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Okay. The latest trailer for TMNT Smash-Up came out and they have gameplay footage in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heyQRsAYWAk

Something that immediately stood out was the fact that the gameplay graphics look horrible even for a Wii game. Especially when compared with Brawl. Most of the stages seemed really gimmiky although I'm going to assume that there will be some normal ones. Hopefully an item switch will be available as well.

And if you didn't say "I fight for my friends" during the opening, you aren't really a smash fan.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Okay. The latest trailer for TMNT Smash-Up came out and they have gameplay footage in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heyQRsAYWAk

Something that immediately stood out was the fact that the gameplay graphics look horrible even for a Wii game. Especially when compared with Brawl. Most of the stages seemed really gimmiky although I'm going to assume that there will be some normal ones. Hopefully an item switch will be available as well.

And if you didn't say "I fight for my friends" during the opening, you aren't really a smash fan.
Oh wow, that looked terrible to be honest.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Alright, let's put some money on this.

Who thinks Nintendo is gonna pull some more BS and show us a game like Wii Music as their main selling point.

Starts at $10 for Nintendo failing

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
Okay this is my big question:

Recently, several third-party games have been announced. The most promising which seem to be the Grinder, Gladiator A.D., Tales of Graces, and Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Do you guys have any expectations for these games and if so, how high is the hype meter?

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Alright, let's put some money on this.

Who thinks Nintendo is gonna pull some more BS and show us a game like Wii Music as their main selling point.

Starts at $10 for Nintendo failing
*throws a $50 bill on the table*

I've lost all faith in Nintendo. I'm not expecting anything. I know better than to get my hopes up by now.

Top Bottom