• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Yay, Second Stamp! Mad hype, Y'all!

Also, did you try getting a hold of Ian Kovich? It'd be cool getting the whole SmashDash crew back on SMYN!

Darkurai

Smash Master
Download link's not working properly for me for episode 47.

Is something wrong with them?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hmmm...they should have been working...

Try now, though. I replaced it with the tracked download link.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Darkurai, you've always had problems with incomplete downloads and the like, so I'm gonna pass that off as something on your end.

The 47 part 2 link has been fixed, as according to Buzz, the URL was malformed. Pretty good reason why it wasn't working.

I guess the Nintendo GDC is pretty big news, but not for a certain faction of fans. GDC and OnLive will be pretty important things to touch on for this upcoming episode.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I, uh, wanted to build extra suspense for part 2. ^_^

Did it work? :p

Darkmusician

Smash Master
GET YO' HYPE READY!

(of course, tentatively planned, subject to change)

Episode 48 (03/29) - You Can Have...
Sunday, March 29th, 5:00 PM Eastern

Planned Guests:
Rina-chan (Writer: Brawl Taunts, voice actress)
Kirbopher (Animator: Brawl Taunts, writer, artist)
Callum Stamp (Writer/Animator: Smash Dash, Writer/Animator: Guns of the Awesome)

OH YEAH, Mailtime Questions for this episode would be pretty amazing, guys...

Don't let me down.
I thought the names of the guests sounded familiar. I remember the videos now. Sweet. I'll be directing a tournament but maybe I can sneak in on the live chat for a bit. :D

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I remember back when we said that we couldn't have more than three people on a podcast.

*sings 'The Times they are a Changing' and watches Watchmen again*

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Dude, if you wanted to make a Watchmen reference, you shouldn't have done so with a statement that has long since been proven dated by the Meta Knight debate.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
... Good point. And the only thing that I really like about Watchmen is the opening credits with that song playing.

Oh and with all that extra space from the SD card, we can finally get that Brawl downloadable content that we love to wish for! jk.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
After talking it over with Youko, I don't give a flying crap about anything announced today. I realized I have an extremely pessimistic view of Nintendo, and I absolutely refuse to buy another Nintendo title until they fix the error of their ways.

I never thought I'd be one of those people who would "protest" a company by not buying their things. But then again, I don't really see this as protesting, moreso as me finally giving up hope that they give two ****s about the core gamer.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
But Panda, the new Zelda game has trains! Isn't that what the hardcore gamer wants?

Also, cowboy Miyamoto should totally "kidnap", like, a random person who has owned any other console, rather than a Nintendo employee, and see what happens to the satisfaction rate. :/

It's kinda neat that you can get 4.0 today, though, even if parts of SWF might not want to.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Well, they announced a new Zelda game and they have a storage solution up and running. That's two things in their favor right there.

Also, I'm super hyped about the confirmation of After Years coming to WiiWare. I loved FFIV, so I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Okay, I finally listened to the latest episode.

First of all, wtf SP. Suddenly, you're an absolute beast at Brawl. You won a tournament with Anther in attendance? WTF??! Now you have no excuse to not come to Canada with the Michigan boys so that I can finally meet you!

Also, you guys should try and make Ninjalink a regular on the show. The amount of stuff he contributes in the chat is just hilarious. He might as well be there on the mic. I especially thought he would be a great guest for this episode because of...well...he plays every character extremely well. But it was still great to hear Buzz on the show again.

Also, the new Zelda game looks kinda crappy. I mean, I didn't really like Phantom Hourglass, and this doesn't look very different AT ALL. Where's my new console Zelda Nintendo?

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
After talking it over with Youko, I don't give a flying crap about anything announced today. I realized I have an extremely pessimistic view of Nintendo, and I absolutely refuse to buy another Nintendo title until they fix the error of their ways.

I never thought I'd be one of those people who would "protest" a company by not buying their things. But then again, I don't really see this as protesting, moreso as me finally giving up hope that they give two ****s about the core gamer.

What about Punch-out? About a year-ago you were excited for it and now...

Also, what games are you looking forward to on 360 and PS3?

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Ya, I'm definitely looking forward to buying a 32GB SD card for $199 so I can play some more VC games... <_<

More DLC and maybe I will be interested.

The new zelda game looks ok. I'd rather have a classic looking Zelda for the DS but people dig the WW look.

:034:

Revven

FrankerZ

I pretty much share the same feeling. Nothing really interests me on the Wii at the moment (maybe The Conduit) but, other than that... nothing. It's better to just homebrew your Wii and play some awesome Japanese games like TvC or something.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
^ Buy a 2-gig card or two. They'll hold plenty of games, and they're around five bucks each. I've got three of them, so I'm more than set.
Ya, that would make sense. I never knew they were so cheap. I'll buy a hand full when I get the chance.

I refuse to get the system update though... :D

:034:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yeah, pretty much Brawl and Homebrew is all I use my Wii for. Homebrew got me TvC, and now that there's a Gamecube launcher, I can FINALLY play Battle Stadium D.O.N :)

Oh, and homebrew+Brawl is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Custom textures and music is just too good.

And I agree with SP's post about the GDC stuff. I could care less about anything they said.

Also, today, Kojima pretty much officially announced that he's working on another Metal Gear, presumably for the PS3. **** YES.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, pretty much Brawl and Homebrew is all I use my Wii for. Homebrew got me TvC, and now that there's a Gamecube launcher, I can FINALLY play Battle Stadium D.O.N :)

Oh, and homebrew+Brawl is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Custom textures and music is just too good.

And I agree with SP's post about the GDC stuff. I could care less about anything they said.

Also, today, Kojima pretty much officially announced that he's working on another Metal Gear, presumably for the PS3. **** YES.
*Crosses fingers for Frank Jaegars backstory*

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yes, OnLive and GDC will be major topics of discussion...

But you guys aren't too good at asking mailtime questions.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Daaaaaaaaaang... Have me on for the OnLive section only. I'm actually an expert in that area (unlike Brawl). XD

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Or alternatively, Buzz could write an explanation of OnLive in layman's terms and have Youko read it over the show so that we don't have to worry about the inevitable stickam crash that would occur if someone else was added to the Skype chat.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Mailtime question: Without remembering the trains, what do you actually think about the other parts of Zelda: Spirit Tracks such as the Stone partner?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Mailtime questions:

Rina-chan. If you were ever approached by Disney, Geneon, Funimation, etc... for a voice acting job would you take it or would you prefer to keep creative control/work with your friends?

2ndStamp. I know you're doing stuff for Brawl Taunts 3. Do you have any personal projects in the future?

Kirbopher. Do you participate in Brawl tourneys or are you just a fan with l33t flash skills?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd also like to comment again and say how much I liked the last episode. SOOOOO much epic.

Also fix Pandacast Numero Uno. I lost mine when I had some unfortunate computer troubles and I can't redownload it cause wifiwars seems to be defunct. T_T

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Heads-up: We're moving the start time of the podcast to 7 PM Eastern tomorrow to accommodate our guests' schedules.

You all have been now notified.

Top Bottom