• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
"This is a Sonic game that craps all over everything that has ever made the series interesting and then adds pointless waggle."

I wouldn't call 3.9 a good review.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/958/958855p1.html
...Touche. Nintendo Power gave it an eight, so I just assumed. I've just always wanted a Sonic game that made me think I would need to wash my hands after playing, but it's actually fun.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I've just always wanted a Sonic game that made me think I would need to wash my hands after playing...
Sonic and the Secret Rings. I mean, the control is complete crap, so your hands will definitely feel dirty playing it, if you know what I mean.

...but it's actually fun.
Whoops. Never mind.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
These days, you very rarely see multiple reviews with a unanimous opinion, especially when talking about the Sonic series, so I'll take a chance and try it out when I get it from GameFly in a few days. Here's hoping I don't end up hating it.

Although admittedly, this is the kind of thing that would be better suited to the Black Knight topic on the SMYNC...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have a new head set and workin' web cam.

I'm a Skypin' machine now.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Wait, did IGN make a calculation error there? Shouldn't it be...?

8.5 + 8.5 + 7.5 + 3.0 + 3.0 / 5 =

Anyways hi, best of luck on SMYN. You've still got my support!

Makes me look back at SmashDash with a tear and smile.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I think they gave it a low score because obviously, Shadow was the one who should have had 2 swords, while Knuckles should've been given a grandfather sword. Either that, or the game sucks ***.

Seriously, when will you guys give up? The Sonic series is guilty until proven innocent. You can never assume the next game is going to be good. Ever.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I've only seen three reviews of Sonic and the Black Knight so far. One of them was pretty good, one was okay, and one was terrible, so it's really mixed.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Isn't that business as usual for a Sonic game?

But seriously, back to podcast discussion. We do have a Black Knight topic on the SMYNC if you want to keep discussing.

Anyway, I'm on break this week, so I've had some free time, and as a result, I've made some progress with the script for the SMYN radio play. It's not much, but it's still a fairly sizable addition. More details when I have some to provide.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Good to see you're still hanging around, Second. Nice job on Guns of the Awesome, BTW.

And IGN's scores aren't based on an average, so it wouldn't be a 6.1.
For good reason, too...

If a game has a 1.0 on gameplay, I don't care one bit what the other scores are.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Can you get these on your ipod?
I really like these.
Thankyou for making this. ^^
You're SUPPOSED to be able to, but unfortunately, the feed is no longer being updated due to the new management, nor is it available on the iTunes store anymore (which is especially odd considering that they continue to advertise it). We've been trying to get this resolved, but it's been a slow-going process.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Seriously, when will you guys give up? The Sonic series is guilty until proven innocent. You can never assume the next game is going to be good. Ever.
But then again Unleashed for the 360 got crap reviews yet alot of people I have talked to (that aren't Sonic fans) loved it.

(P.S. I do know that Famitsu gave Unleashed for the 360 a 9/9/9/7.)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Playing Pokemon Colosseum on Stickam (or the first post of the thread)...I kinda hate it a lot, but it has a quirky place in my heart.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I loved the idea behind Colosseum but the execution was not the best, but I did like that I could get quite a few legendary pokemon from it. I think the best thing from that game was the main hero.

P.S. I am so far enjoying Black Knight quite a bit. The controls take a bit of getting used to but after that it works great. (plus the references to SA1 and 2 made me giddy.)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Today I discovered how to put the PS3 onto Stickam for you all to enjoy...

I feel very accomplished.

EDIT: And, assuming it works, I'm going to be playing Sonic and the Black Knight on Stickam. I fear for the worst.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman

I rented the game and it's not great, but it's not super special suckage. The swordplay is smooth, and THIS is badass. But, don't take it from me. You'll have to pick it up yourself.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It doesn't work with the Backup Launcher...oh well, I'll hold on the disc just in case.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
****IT! I wanted to check it out with commentaries..... There's some things plain vids can't show. Ya know?

I hope the next Sonic Storybook game is Journey to the West. Monkey Sonic!

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
That advertisements pretty good. Unfortunately, it only reminded me that fan guests won't be on the show again. But whatever.

By the way, can you do a 2-minute review of Jump Ultimate Stars? That would be really interesting to watch.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
That advertisements pretty good. Unfortunately, it only reminded me that fan guests won't be on the show again. But whatever.

By the way, can you do a 2-minute review of Jump Ultimate Stars? That would be really interesting to watch.
1) Is that how you're going to attract new listeners to the podcast?

2) Tell me how to stream footage from the DS and then maybe. Because there isn't really a way to.

And so far I'm pretty unimpressed with S&BK. It looks and sounds good mostly, but I guess that's what Sega always does. The gameplay is indeed quite mind-numbing, though.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Hey Youko. Just wondering, do you have the original audio for the guitar in the background of the intro? If you do, I was just wondering if you could put it up for download, because it's awesome.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
OK so I gave up smashborads for lent but its sunday so im good. I just wanted to ask a mailtime question since idk when the next episode will be. here goes...

Now that the epic, Watchmen, has been released, what are your thoughts on it? Did you read the graphic novel? and (here's the big one) will it be better than the Dark Knight?

also...thank for responding to my comment in Unlock'd

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
OK so I gave up smashborads for lent but its sunday so im good. I just wanted to ask a mailtime question since idk when the next episode will be. here goes...

Now that the epic, Watchmen, has been released, what are your thoughts on it? Did you read the graphic novel? and (here's the big one) will it be better than the Dark Knight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ0IF5Qh3Ts&fmt=18
7:20

Yoshara

Smash Lord
How is the gameplay mind numbing? If your problem is sword swings, try making wider swings instead of shaking the wiimote (like I had to learn), and if your problem is enemys in your way try homing attack to slashing, if done properly it will go through all the enemys in a line and be faster than running.

(P.S. I have actually beaten all of the missions, and I am getting closer to 5 star'ing all of them.)

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice

Watchmen deserves to be bigger than the dark knight, it was 1000000x better, but it wont be.

Top Bottom