• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Great episode! I loved hearing about CoT4, that sounds frickin' hardcore. As I'm just starting to get into the community something like what happened at CoT4 (except Wii stealing, that's not cool) that would actually draw me into the going to a tournament. Stuff like that is something everyone involved in will always remember.
I feel the same way Sonic & TBK, "guilty until proven innocent". SFIV oh hell to the yes. Gonna grab it on the PS3 when I have the dough for it. TMNT: Smash-Up looks pretty cool, gonna keep an eye out.
LOL Game weddings are just too much, but OMG Smash wedding would be wicked funny!
Great job with this episode, can't wait for the next one =D

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You guys probably just have to try the download again. The episode should be around 110 minutes long.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Good stuff, Youko and Panda. It's good to get back into the podcast, I kinda missed it.

Very good quality stuff. I would have prefered my man NinjaLink speak a bit more, but it was kind of a given that he wouldn't. He's just that kind of guy.

In other news - he and CoT4 probably got more people to listen to this episode than the previous few.

Panda should do a radio spin-off audio stream for the next big tourney. If he doesn't, then I'm gonna do it.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm actually surprised more people aren't mentioning this. One of the best podcast moments in a while, and we got a double dose of it.
I was listening to the podcast on my iPod during lunch and that was the part that I could hear the CLEAREST because of how loud it was. I LOL'd SO HARD, some of my friends stared at me and wondered what I was laughing at.

Best part of the entire podcast. Now you gotta edit that into the intro to the podcast. >_>

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hey Youko! Guess what just got on Revver after a four month delay!
Certainly not episode 45 of WTFP. I only found episode 48 lying around recently and realized I hadn't uploaded it, so I did that yesterday.

So close, but not really.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Panda! I want your PS3 name to play you on SFIV!
Post-podcast, Panda said his PSN name was either
SamuraiPanda001, which isn't registered,
or
Boonu, who hasn't responded to me yet, so maybe I misheard him
Youko or Panda, confirm, plz?

Also, Willdabeast, I added you, too!

Darkurai

Smash Master
Certainly not episode 45 of WTFP. I only found episode 48 lying around recently and realized I hadn't uploaded it, so I did that yesterday.

So close, but not really.
It's still on Revver, and it's still late.
I'm not stupid.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
WTFP 45 is not on Revver. It has an error again.

WTFP 48 is now on Revver. I uploaded it yesterday.

At least talk about it in the appropriate thread, please.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Great episode, my first beginning to end listen.

- Youko, talking about Cot4: "It went off so well, it must have been an amazing effort to organize it so well." Followed by SP and NL discussing for 45 minutes about how it started 6 hours late, crew battles were cancelled, no low-tier battles, Chibo's failure, mayhem, ect. HAHAHAHA

- Random Ike Guy, LOL. He got 3 stocked by everybody? I believed the jokers around here when they said he beat M2K in pools, haha

- Chibo can't blame the venue for "going back on their word." Things got out of hand, and they need to run their business. Finishing a tourney is not their concern when the tourney organizers can't even keep things in control, and went over the agreed upon time.

- LAPD. In Philly. Yes.

- I imagine Panda standing on his street-side bench, preaching the word of Smash Bros to the masses.

- Ahh, internet forums. Where dropped bottles turn into gunshots.

- So everyone was on top of each other on Chibo's bed? Must have been a bunch of Marth mainers.

- I've never played a Sonic game. Unless you count using Sonic in Brawl. Is that bad?

- Street Fighter 2 Coming to a KBtoys near you!

- Anther's love letter was epic, not awkward.

- Youko hasn't seen Samurai Champloo? Gaaaaahhhhh! I have the box set, borrow them!

- Youko and SamuraiPanda remind me of "Valenti and Foster" on 97.1 afternoons. Panda as the bully Mike, Youko as rational Terry.

-"Anther's Anal Intruders" A new Brawl crew. Watch out for them.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I like how they're advertising the SBR podcast when they HAVEN'T UPDATED THE RSS FEED WITH ANY OF THE EPISODES. Heck, you can't even find SMYN on the iTunes store anymore.

Ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Yes. YES.

Please rectify this problem immediately, preferably with ports of the Genesis games.
In your opinion, which sonic game is the best? I've only played Sonic Advance 1 so...... i was thinking of getting one for vc, if there are any that is.
Im going to check that out now.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sonic has nearly all of his early console titles on VC by now - I'd go with Sonic 3 as being the best out of all of them. A must-play.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
If you have the ability to do so, get Sonic Mega Collection or Sonic Mega Collection +. That way, you can play Sonic 3 & Knuckles as it was always meant to be played instead of as separate games.

Or better yet, get both Sonic Mega Collection + and Sonic Gems Collection. Not only could you probably find them for insanely cheap nowadays, but between those two, you get all the Sonic games for Genesis, all the Sonic games for Game Gear, Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R, and a few bonus Genesis titles.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Youko. I don't remember hearing this on the podcast so how did you become a Super Moderator? Are there any crazy benefits that it entails? Also, how would a member who has barely posted anywhere except on this thread become a Super Moderator? And do you have any tips on possibly becoming admin of the forum? jk.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
If you have the ability to do so, get Sonic Mega Collection or Sonic Mega Collection +. That way, you can play Sonic 3 & Knuckles as it was always meant to be played instead of as separate games.

Or better yet, get both Sonic Mega Collection + and Sonic Gems Collection. Not only could you probably find them for insanely cheap nowadays, but between those two, you get all the Sonic games for Genesis, all the Sonic games for Game Gear, Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R, and a few bonus Genesis titles.
If you can't find any of those games for whatever reason, you can also get the new "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection." It has around 48 Genesis games including Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, Spinball and 3d Blast.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
If you can't find any of those games for whatever reason, you can also get the new "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection." It has around 48 Genesis games including Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, Spinball and 3d Blast.
Granted, but you can get all of those Sonic games on the original Mega Collection, plus the lock-on versions, something that Genesis Collection lacks.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I don't even consider Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles as separate games any more. I've always looked on them as one game - hell, even the two cartridges have stayed locked-on in my Mega Drive for a good ten years now.

It sucks that the new Mega Drive Collection doesn't support lock-on. At least Nintendo is TRYING to get the lock-on to work on VC - Sonic & Knuckles was rated for VC almost two years ago but still hasn't appeared, obviously because they don't want to release it without the connectivity to Sonic 2 and 3.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice

huh, looking that up it looks really good. Thanks on the advice.

Also is it just me or are the smyn forums down for everybody else here too?

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Granted, but you can get all of those Sonic games on the original Mega Collection, plus the lock-on versions, something that Genesis Collection lacks.
True, true. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best of them all. Still it's hard to argue with 48 games in one place. Streets of Rage, Comix Zone, and Golden Axe FTW.

Top Bottom