• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Trapt497

Smash Ace
that was a VERY entertaining episode! Ego is freakin hilarious.

I am disheartened that none of you liked my new favorite game (Mirror's Edge). Haha its ok, my personal opinion is that its freaking amazing and fun!!

My new SMYNF sig:

EGORAPTOR: Hell yeah, I'd get a pet T-Rex and be like...B*TCH!!1! I would just call him f*****g T-Rex. Yeah, go eat that guy, T-Rex! I'd never have to feed him.

^^best quote of the episode!

Deception

Smash Ace
That was ****ing hilarious. Egoraptor is very funny, but also brings up good points. Mario Galaxy was not memorable at all.
I disagree. Mario Galaxy is one of the few Mario platformers I loved.

I missed this episode. Anyone mind summarizing what was discussed so I can if this was any interesting?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Here's your summary:

Egoraptor is a beast. TomaMoto is a really cool dude. I'm nervous as hell talking to them. And Cyberlink did a great job on short notice since Panda couldn't make it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I missed yet another live broadcast. Fate is telling me to stop being a fan of SMYN. The emotional damage is unbearable...

... or I could just wait for the download.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Thanks again for letting me join in on the fun, Youko; 'twas a real honor.

Fortunately, Buzz, Youko already has the recording ready to edit, so you'll probably see that sometime soon.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The bit I caught was to put it mildly... AWESOME.

Must. Get. Download.

WHERE'S THE NEW EPISODE? WHERE'S THE NEW EPISODE?

Man. I hope you saw Cr@psule Monsters 2. Otherwise ^that's REALLY dumb. :/

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
I missed yet another live broadcast. Fate is telling me to stop being a fan of SMYN. The emotional damage is unbearable...

... or I could just wait for the download.
I feel you pain Buzz. But I was there for the first 15 min or so. I loved it when you guys were like "oviraptor wtf?!?" And I was like " yes I know that :laugh:" (Take a look at my name if you dont get it.)

Trapt497

Smash Ace
O_o

*downloads link*

The first few episodes were only 20 minutes tops. Then in January a couple episodes were 4 hours. In the land of SMYN, there is no such thing as 'normal'.
Darkurai is correct. Normal would be defined by considering the most recent episodes.

iTunes tells me Episodes 36-39, the most recent ones on there, were all within at least 10 minutes of 2 hours 30 minutes. Ep. 42 was an hour 30 minutes long. The first few episodes were a very long tiem ago and SMYN was not as popular now as it was then. The 'normal' length for episodes increased as the roundtable was introduced.

Still, that was one of the most entertaining 90 minutes SMYN has had to date, IMO.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Is all of Episode 41 about banning Meta Knight? Cause I moved onto 42 cause i was short on time and i mean cmon its egoraptor.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
It depends on what you mean by 'relevant' ^.^ i suppose if you want relevant discussion you'd care about OSBR a lot more. but most of the discussion was pretty casual, and in my opinion, funny and entertaining. i'd try it out if i were you.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
To any Wii Homebrew users - Nintendo released a new update for the Wii that DESTROYS ALL TRACE of homebrew. Deletes any custom channels, any modified Zelda saves, and anything on your console that Nintendo thinks shouldn't be there.

And not only that, but they've updated their policy so that it allows them to update automatically without needing the Wii owner's permission. There are even reports that they are already doing this with this new update. So I'd advise anyone with the Homebrew Channel to turn WiiConnect24 off, unless you want to wake up with a possibly-bricked Wii.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
This episode RAWKED! \m/. ^_^ .\m/

Also. Does anyone else find it ironic that Youko says, "This podcast is brought to you by MLG"

Just found that kinda funny.

And for the OSBR. You should let people ask questions concerning the debate from Stickam. Just an idea.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
...only 112 downloads the first day. Something isn't right... >_>

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Oh yeah. Brawl taunts 3 was mentioned.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=4954

Rina-chan is on AiB. She did the female voices in Castle Crashers and Meryl in Metal Gear Awesome.

Y'know. Youko should try and get her on SMYN.......

...only 112 downloads the first day. Something isn't right... >_>
Seriously. This episode was TOO good. People should start DL'ing.....

Don't know if this helps but...

http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/home

This site apparently lets you throw up a podcast and even puts it on iTunes and stuffs. Might be worth a look until MLG gets its stuff together.

Deception

Smash Ace
I guess I might share this with you guys, seeing as most of you SMYN fans are Sonic fans as well. Unleashed came out for the Wii today, and the reviews haven't been that smooth. IGN's review was up first, and while they said the daytime levels were the best Sonic levels in years, the werehog levels are repetitive and seem to take up more of the game than the Sonic levels. Their score was a 7.2.

Ack, things don't look good for Sonic.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
am i the only one that thought egoraptor might be up for helping out with the SMYN Flash movie? and by the way someone go update the thread we havent heard from the project in quite a while.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I guess I might share this with you guys, seeing as most of you SMYN fans are Sonic fans as well. Unleashed came out for the Wii today, and the reviews haven't been that smooth. IGN's review was up first, and while they said the daytime levels were the best Sonic levels in years, the werehog levels are repetitive and seem to take up more of the game than the Sonic levels. Their score was a 7.2.

Ack, things don't look good for Sonic.
Are you kidding me? The very fact that IGN, let alone Matt Cassamassina, gave a 3D Sonic game higher than a 7.0 is a VERY good sign. Besides, how can you say "the reviews haven't been that smooth" when the only other review besides that one was an 8.0 from Nintendo Power?

Although what I DID find interesting is that certain stages that are in the 360 and PS3 versions aren't in the Wii version, although the Wii version is apparently still the better version in terms of control and presentation, from what I understand.

I've got a 360 and a Wii, though, so I'll hold off until I've got more information on each version before I decide which one to look into.

Deception

Smash Ace
Are you kidding me? The very fact that IGN, let alone Matt Cassamassina, gave a 3D Sonic game higher than a 7.0 is a VERY good sign. Besides, how can you say "the reviews haven't been that smooth" when the only other review besides that one was an 8.0 from Nintendo Power?

Although what I DID find interesting is that certain stages that are in the 360 and PS3 versions aren't in the Wii version, although the Wii version is apparently still the better version in terms of control and presentation, from what I understand.

I've got a 360 and a Wii, though, so I'll hold off until I've got more information on each version before I decide which one to look into.
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/2529230-post71.html

For me, smooth would around an 8 average, not a 7.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Really? I see 10 and 9 as amazing 8 and 7 as great 6 and 5 as no touchy unless you are a fanboy 4 and 3 as maybe a rental? You should still be a fanboy though. 2 and 1 as burn it with fire.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
sugar and I are in the hospital. Her water broke 5 weeks early. O_o

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Thanx, Cyber. So far, there are no issues to worry about. The baby is healthy and strong for now. When the baby comes out, the largest area of concern will be her lungs (since those are usually last to develop). That's not to say she is having any problems with her lungs; it is simply the most likely area for problems at this point.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Top Bottom