• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Hooray! More people get the reference!

Cyber and MajorMoses are awesome.

Aaaaand I say goodbye to my fellow SMYN fans for a week. If you didn't know already, Im going to Florj for vacation. Tis Disney World. So, I leave you the word of Negi. It's so sad but bear with me.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
MajorMoses [is] awesome.
Wow... I don't believe it...

*Adds +1 on his awesome meter before thinking better and adding +4 more because Negi said it.*

And have fun in Disney World! I was just there this last weekend and it was great. If you're still checking the forums one last time before you leave, take this bit of advice and go on Mickey's Philharmagic. A wave of nostalgia and 3D awesomeness hit me as I watched it.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
I just sorta realized something. You know in Episode 20 you guys were joking around about a musical mode, where you hit your opponent and it makes a little note?

In a way, you guys called Hanenbow. Too bad the stage sucks...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...No...no, I'm not even going to answer this one. I've answered these types of questions too much already. Not to mention I already told you what "complete" meant earlier in this thread, Tyrael.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
...No...no, I'm not even going to answer this one. I've answered these types of questions too much already. Not to mention I already told you what "complete" meant earlier in this thread, Tyrael.
You made a promise though Youko, you've got 1 1/2 days remaining! :O

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
*cringes* Oh crap, I've been scolded directly by one of the hosts.:urg: I'm really sorry if I annoyed you in any way, I know you probably have way too much to deal with outside of my own petty complaints. I never intended to harass you in any way, I'm simply over-eager for the next installment of my favorite podcast. Please accept my humble apologies.

I'll just stick my foot in my mouth and exit stage left.

*flee*

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I haven't heard episode 41 so you might have already used this but, I came up with a great idea for your debate podcasts. Whenever you introduce the two sides of the debate, you should have nostalgic Brawl quotes to introduce them. For instance, "You don't have time to ponder such questions as ____ and ____ are on the debate floor," or "You'll get no sympathy from master debators ____ and ____."

... Those ideas looked really good in my head but I'm having second thoughts seeing them in type. Oh well. I'll throw them out there anyways.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*cringes* Oh crap, I've been scolded directly by one of the hosts.:urg: I'm really sorry if I annoyed you in any way, I know you probably have way too much to deal with outside of my own petty complaints. I never intended to harass you in any way, I'm simply over-eager for the next installment of my favorite podcast. Please accept my humble apologies.

I'll just stick my foot in my mouth and exit stage left.

*flee*
It's OK, man, but when the time at which I am randomly contacted by an external source is REALLY out of my hands...

Darkurai

Smash Master
*facepalm* Look up.

In other news, Activision have started deleting all the copyrighted custom songs from GHTunes. This includes all the video game themes. :urg:
Is this surprising? They explicitly state no copyrighted songs. Am I the only one who actually read that agreement?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
OK, that's enough. Just be creative with the title and don't think "If I call this 'Zelda Theme,' surely they won't notice mine!"

In other SMYN-related news, there's a Midwest Circuit event in Ann Arbor today. I wasn't going to go at first, but now I just found out that one of SWF's admins who is the guy I need to talk to specifically regarding MLG is going...

...Who's up for going to a tournament now? Yep, definitely me.

Darkurai

Smash Master
OK, that's enough. Just be creative with the title and don't think "If I call this 'Zelda Theme,' surely they won't notice mine!"

In other SMYN-related news, there's a Midwest Circuit event in Ann Arbor today. I wasn't going to go at first, but now I just found out that one of SWF's admins who is the guy I need to talk to specifically regarding MLG is going...

...Who's up for going to a tournament now? Yep, definitely me.
3600 POST GET.

But anyway, be sure to tell us of how you do in this circuit on the show.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So I got to meet JV, Smashboards' liaison to MLG basically, which was really cool. Great guy - gave him a data CD with the past couple episodes, but he has to still trudge through discussions with his superiors to get SMYN fully hosted on MLG.

Of course, the public doesn't understand how tedious stuff like this is, so ALL I hear is "WAHHHHHHH WHERE'S MY DL." I was hoping for these kinds of politics-like situations to be resolved by this weekend, but I "misunderestimated" it, so don't give me any of that "you promised" bullcrap.

I'll maybe try to get a temp download up with Buzz later today.

Ah yes, and I hope to have details on the next episode's LIVE streaming within the next couple days.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Hey I dunno if anyone has noticed yet but people don't seem to actually read the thread =D lol

IN other news Youko you accidentally put 40 for 41 if you haven't noticed yet so you might wanna edit it lol

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Psh, trifles, Spork. I thought you meant I put a bad link or something, or uploaded episode 40 instead.

And, meresilence0...yeah, it might help to read the few posts before you when you post. But this might help on any internet forum.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Thanks for putting up with everyone's constant whining, Youko. This should help tide us over until MLG puts up a proper download.

Also, since it's relevant, YAY ONCE AGAIN FOR KYLE HEBERT!

Edit: SUNOVA...of ALL the times for Bravenet to go down (AGAIN), it had to be now...

You know what? Youko, if you'd be so kind as to send me the file using YouSendIt or something, I'll host it on the SMYN FileFront for everyone to download until we can get this worked out.

Edit (again): Thanks, Youko!

Click to download.

Edit 3: UGH. Bravenet goes back up AFTER I finish uploading it. Typical...well, keep the alternate link on hand; you never know when the site's going to go down.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I listened to it 4 times in total. I'm really enjoying the debate ideas. It is exciting to think of what can be said about hacking the game.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I know we have to keep thinking ahead with biweekly episodes, so here goes:

EPISODE 42: Podcast Awesome
LIVE ON STICKAM - 11/16 @ 8:00 PM (ET), for the time being

If you haven't been able to show up for a live stream, you might want to make an exception for this one. You won't want to miss it, guaranteed!

Darkurai

Smash Master

If you haven't been able to show up for a live stream, you might want to make an exception for this one. You won't want to miss it, guaranteed!
Yes. Definitely.

And Buzz, please don't let the server crash.

Please?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Great!

Can I have a birthday shoutout (11/24)??

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
>_< Nuuuu!

You can only have a birthday shoutout if its on the EXACT day like mine was! (I will never forget episode 40 on October 1st.)

JK. Birthday shoutouts might be kinda cool for each biweekly episode. Of course, I'll get an extra super special awesome birthday shoutout next year because I got the first one. (Assuming that the podcast will still be running next year.)

By the way, I could hardly contain myself from shouting out for opinions on Link in your last easter egg. I thought I got my wish when someone asked the question, "Who will the worst character be if it isn't Captain Falcon?" Samurai Panda defended Link for no more than a second before continuing on to other characters. Too quick!

In other words, this next podcast NEED MOAR LINK!!!!

Top Bottom