• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yes, Bravenet reared its ugly head by bringing my site down. They have decent bandwidth guarantees, but they often kill sites when they become heavily trafficked at any given moment. This is another reason I was planning on jumping to a new service (in addition to having a new server dedicated to hosting all the SMYN files).

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Bravenet reared its ugly head by bringing my site down. They have decent bandwidth guarantees, but they often kill sites when they become heavily trafficked at any given moment. This is another reason I was planning on jumping to a new service (in addition to having a new server dedicated to hosting all the SMYN files).
Alright then I was wondering about that.

All in all about the ep. I thought it was quite informative youko. You guys did a good job putting it together and planning it. Although it did go on for a while...

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Also, I just realised that Guitar Hero Decades, Guitar Hero World Tour and Sonic Unleashed all come out on the same day here in the UK. My wallet is gonna suffer like it has never suffered before...

Darkurai

Smash Master
You forget, DVD: it's the holidays. EVERYTHING is coming out at once. Thankfully, I've got a 4-game plan from GameFly, so that helps, but still.
That's a lie!
The holidays don't start until the day after Thanksgiving!

You are a lying liar who LIES!!!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
That's a lie!
The holidays don't start until the day after Thanksgiving!

You are a lying liar who LIES!!!
I work at Best Buy, and believe me, the holidays started the moment that October 31st became November 1st.

Who hasn't already seen a Christmas commercial? :laugh:

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Okay, am I a fool or is everyone acting like the MP3 is available for download when it's not? I've heard there are server problems, but even if I 404 (which I don't for the previous episodes) the link should still be there right? I know it's not on their Stickam site anymore since they only stream the episodes from there.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I take it the resurrection of the sites isn't going according to plan? D=
I submitted a support ticket to Bravenet requesting that the site come back. It blows my mind that they can just pull the plug on my site without warning me beforehand or setting it to reactivate in the near future.

+1 reason to switch to another service.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
I submitted a support ticket to Bravenet requesting that the site come back. It blows my mind that they can just pull the plug on my site without warning me beforehand or setting it to reactivate in the near future.

Ahh Fingers crossed they let it come back then.

Though I agree you should change o_o especially if they're gonna do crap like that lol

Darkurai

Smash Master

Since you're paying for the site, can't you sue them?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Since you're paying for the site, can't you sue them?
If the site stays down much longer, I'll consider it. I just doubt I'd get anywhere. They likely have buried deep within the agreement "We reserve the right to screw you over at our leisure".

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
"Account Termination.

Use of the Products and Services is subject to compliance with these Terms of Service. You acknowledge and agree that Bravenet may terminate your account and your access to any of the Products and Services, and may remove and discard any Content, without prior notice, should you fail to comply with the Terms of Service or any other guidelines and rules published by Bravenet. Any such termination shall be in Bravenet's sole discretion and may occur without any notice. Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user's account or access to the Products and Services for any conduct that Bravenet, in its sole discretion, believes is or may be directly or indirectly harmful to other users, to Bravenet or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or business contractors, or to other third parties, or for any conduct that violates any local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations. Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user's account if there is no evident activity for a period of 90 days. Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user's account and access to the Products and Services, and to remove and discard any Content, for any reason or for no reason at all, in Bravenet's sole discretion, without prior notice, or any notice.

In the event Bravenet terminates a user's account for violating the Terms of Service, or for inactivity, and that user is a paid member of Bravenet, that user's payment is not refundable. "

"Bandwidth and Disk Usage.

With Bravenet.com Web Tools, bandwidth limits are calculated on a recurring 30 days basis. Bandwidth cannot be combined with multiple packages. Bandwidth and disk usage shall not exceed the number of megabytes per day for the Services ordered and purchased by the Member. Bravenet will monitor each Member's bandwidth and disk usage. Bravenet shall have the right to take corrective action if any Member's bandwidth or disk usage exceeds the Agreed Usage. Such corrective action may include the assessment of additional charges, disconnection or discontinuance of any and all Services, or termination of this Agreement, which actions may be taken in Bravenet's sole and absolute discretion. If Bravenet takes any corrective action under this section, the Member shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid in advance prior to such action."

They can pretty much do whatever they want since you broke your bandwidth limitation.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Solution: We need that unlimited bandwidth site through Buzz's work as soon as possible.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
"Account Termination.

Use of the Products and Services is subject to compliance with these Terms of Service. You acknowledge and agree that Bravenet may terminate your account and your access to any of the Products and Services, and may remove and discard any Content, without prior notice, should you fail to comply with the Terms of Service or any other guidelines and rules published by Bravenet. Any such termination shall be in Bravenet's sole discretion and may occur without any notice. Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user's account or access to the Products and Services for any conduct that Bravenet, in its sole discretion, believes is or may be directly or indirectly harmful to other users, to Bravenet or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or business contractors, or to other third parties, or for any conduct that violates any local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations. Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user's account if there is no evident activity for a period of 90 days. Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user's account and access to the Products and Services, and to remove and discard any Content, for any reason or for no reason at all, in Bravenet's sole discretion, without prior notice, or any notice.

In the event Bravenet terminates a user's account for violating the Terms of Service, or for inactivity, and that user is a paid member of Bravenet, that user's payment is not refundable. "

"Bandwidth and Disk Usage.

With Bravenet.com Web Tools, bandwidth limits are calculated on a recurring 30 days basis. Bandwidth cannot be combined with multiple packages. Bandwidth and disk usage shall not exceed the number of megabytes per day for the Services ordered and purchased by the Member. Bravenet will monitor each Member's bandwidth and disk usage. Bravenet shall have the right to take corrective action if any Member's bandwidth or disk usage exceeds the Agreed Usage. Such corrective action may include the assessment of additional charges, disconnection or discontinuance of any and all Services, or termination of this Agreement, which actions may be taken in Bravenet's sole and absolute discretion. If Bravenet takes any corrective action under this section, the Member shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid in advance prior to such action."

They can pretty much do whatever they want since you broke your bandwidth limitation.
So pretty much they have the right to screw you over, right? Well thats a bummer hopefully the site gets up and running soon. I keep forgeting its down whenever i try to go there and then i see the erroe page....

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Complete means I have a file. As I've said the other threads and I'm sure you've read, the trick is to get that file online with stability by talking to MLG.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Complete means I have a file. As I've said the other threads and I'm sure you've read, the trick is to get that file online with stability by talking to MLG.
yeah, i hope MLG cooperates soon so we can get ep. 40 up for once...a months gone by lol. also i cant wait to hear OSBR a second time. It was great discussion, info, debate etc

and BTW IM SO SAD bravenet is still blocking teh awesome SMYN forums from meh...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have requested that the site be unlocked. Hopefully that will happen soon.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
We may have to just not use the chat room at the SMYN site during the next episode unless I get the upgrade soon enough.

Top Bottom