• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
You kinda had to expect an update for the European release, ya know?

EDIT: Holy crap, they used one of my snapshots! (Unfortunately, the worst one I ever submitted...)

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Thanks, Cyberlink. :D

It's too bad they used that one. I've submitted some that were a lot funnier than that one. Thank God for the screenshot decoder.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Nice one Dam. The 'Top Score' one of Mario on 75m was actually featured on BrawlSnapshots.com - I was surprised to see it on the Japanese site.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
On a side note, guys, now that Mega Man 9 and the new Castlevania have both been confirmed for Wii, you should give those a mention in your next episode, especially considering the amount of controversy surrounding each one...

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
So several weeks ago, I was a guest on Hear Mii, a podcast for the now-defunct wii.tv. Former SMYN guest Piffman2 is one of the founding members of this project, and they finally put up the "lost" episode 13 up on their new blog/website.

Check it out if you're interested!

http://www.hearmii.blogspot.com/

And thanks, Piff!
If anyone wanted to listen, our old site got hacked so we had to change the URL to www.hearmiii.blogspot.com

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Wow, I just got the new NP, and there's even more in there than I realized, including a new interview with good old Sakurai himself. If they don't talk more about all the new stuff mentioned in the magazine at E3, you may want to devote a whole segment to just what's in that issue.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
NEW CONTEST - Running through release of Episode 39 (August)!
Draw Your Favorite SMYN Moment!

The title really explains it all! There needs to be more SMYN-related artwork out there, so why not hold a contest for it! Plus, this way, everyone can enjoy your fandom of everyone's favorite Smash Bros podcast! OK, and it'd be REALLY sweet to adorn your room's walls with SMYN art, you know it's true.

SamuraiPanda and I will decide which piece of art is our favorite and the winner of the contest will appear as a guest on Episode 40 when we kick off the school year in the SMYN-apartment!

- Multiple submissions are accepted!
- Please post the images here in the thread. You can also email them to dojopodcast@gmail.com and I will post them here on your behalf!
- Quality will not necessarily be a determining factor in the decision of who wins, this way, fans of all art skill levels can participate!
- Remember, this isn't just Youko/Panda fanart, the submission needs to portray your favorite SMYN moment. We'd prefer that you should be more specific with the moment, like using a particular quote from the show, for example. Just don't do "Oh, when you guys had _____ on, that was awesome." How your portray your favorite moment in the podcast's history will be the determining factor!
- For those who haven't caught on to our "artistic portrayal" yet, Youko can be portrayed as K.K. Slider from Animal Crossing and SamuraiPanda as...well, a panda who is a samurai. Here is a general idea, provided by 2nd Stamp: http://www.cafepress.com/showmeyournews.222614836

You forum-goers get a head start on it before we announce it in Episode 38 in mid-July. ;)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Agh I'm horrible at drawing.

Eh. Not like my parents would let me be on SMYN anyway.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
NEW CONTEST - Running through release of Episode 39 (August)!
Draw Your Favorite SMYN Moment!

The title really explains it all! There needs to be more SMYN-related artwork out there, so why not hold a contest for it! Plus, this way, everyone can enjoy your fandom of everyone's favorite Smash Bros podcast! OK, and it'd be REALLY sweet to adorn your room's walls with SMYN art, you know it's true.

SamuraiPanda and I will decide which piece of art is our favorite and the winner of the contest will appear as a guest on Episode 40 when we kick off the school year in the SMYN-apartment!

- Multiple submissions are accepted!
- Please post the images here in the thread. You can also email them to dojopodcast@gmail.com and I will post them here on your behalf!
- Quality will not necessarily be a determining factor in the decision of who wins, this way, fans of all art skill levels can participate!
- Remember, this isn't just Youko/Panda fanart, the submission needs to portray your favorite SMYN moment. We'd prefer that you should be more specific with the moment, like using a particular quote from the show, for example. Just don't do "Oh, when you guys had _____ on, that was awesome." How your portray your favorite moment in the podcast's history will be the determining factor!
- For those who haven't caught on to our "artistic portrayal" yet, Youko can be portrayed as K.K. Slider from Animal Crossing and SamuraiPanda as...well, a panda who is a samurai. Here is a general idea, provided by 2nd Stamp: http://www.cafepress.com/showmeyournews.222614836

You forum-goers get a head start on it before we announce it in Episode 38 in mid-July. ;)
DUDE, we're doing the same thing over at the Missingo Show! We started it like a week ago, and we're having people draw Martham112 Falcon Punching Michael Jackson. It's going good.

And yes....I'm entering.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
This is going to be interesting. You're also going to be getting a lot of submissions from people like myself who REALLY want to be in something like this.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Well, I'd say I'm okay at drawing but even if I won I probably wouldn't be able to be a guest. But I might try using Paint for kicks.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
I'm tempted. I'm SORELY tempted.

~looks at half finished Flash animation project he's been doing.. then back at SMYN~

Do I continue with my own project... or put it aside for a bit to attempt to join in with this awesomeness?

... OH THE AGONY OF INDECISION D:

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
You can finish the project at your leisure, Spork, but who knows how many chances you'll have at getting on SMYN? I'd say go for it.

Besides, it's just one picture, not a whole animation.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
True that... I'll get to work on something when I return from the hell that is the charity shop I'm volunteering in. ~sigh~ just think of the good and ignore the whole "god this is boring" stuff...

SMYN is a life saver though I put whole episodes on my mp3 and listen to it there to dull the razor edge of boredom.

Top Bottom