• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Hey Youko.

I'm listening to Episode 18 for the Dictionary right now, and something came to me that I've wanted to talk to you about for a bit now.

Episode 18 is still just Panda and Yourself for the roundtable, and it works REALLY well. But whenever there's a third person on the Roundtable I seem to forget what your voice sounds like. I find that you don't get enough say in things and that you rarely speak up.

I'm not offering a solution or saying stop doing what your doing, but I wanted to bring that up to see if I'm the only one who thinks this.

Also Gimpy:
The quote in your signature wins.

heh i seem to find that alot too and yeah that sig is asome
speak up youko we cant here ya jj jj :laugh:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
That's been on my mind a little bit too and I'm actually glad someone noticed. I'll try to improve on that, thank you for the heads-up.

How's the Dictionary progress coming?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Hey Youko, I made the brawl viewpoint (it's a wav.) but for some reason it won't load onto the email. I think it's been about 10-20 minutes of it loading on step one. I don't know what's wrong with it (sorry if I'm being a pain).

Edit: Yeah now It's sayi ng the file can't be attached because it goes past the 10mb limit. It's about 3 minutes so it isn't like it's too gargantium.

MrCheez

Smash Rookie
Hey! I just wanted to quickly pop in and offer my THANKS for all the work that has been put into this podcast! :)

I actually discovered SMYN at the beginning of the week and promptly downloaded all 20 episodes.

My current job consists of processing college student's financial aide files for eight hours a day... it's really boring, but at the very least I get to listen to my ipod all day while I work on the computer. So... yeah, basically I wanted to tell you guys that your show has provided me two full shifts of listening material! That's two days back-to-back of eight hours of nonstop Show Me Your News! :)

BTW my favorite part of the show is definitely The Roundtable, and I found the combination of Youko, Samurai Panda, and Gimpyfish as speakers in episode 20 to be the perfect arrangement. You guys had great chemistry and each of you actually has a pretty good radio voice! It made for easy listening.

Keep up the good work and thanks again!

(P.S. What are the chances of this weekend's episode being 8 hours long? I need something to last me for my whole shift on Monday ;) )

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Hey! I just wanted to quickly pop in and offer my THANKS for all the work that has been put into this podcast! :)

I actually discovered SMYN at the beginning of the week and promptly downloaded all 20 episodes.

My current job consists of processing college student's financial aide files for eight hours a day... it's really boring, but at the very least I get to listen to my ipod all day while I work on the computer. So... yeah, basically I wanted to tell you guys that your show has provided me two full shifts of listening material! That's two days back-to-back of eight hours of nonstop Show Me Your News! :)

BTW my favorite part of the show is definitely The Roundtable, and I found the combination of Youko, Samurai Panda, and Gimpyfish as speakers in episode 20 to be the perfect arrangement. You guys had great chemistry and each of you actually has a pretty good radio voice! It made for easy listening.

Keep up the good work and thanks again!

(P.S. What are the chances of this weekend's episode being 8 hours long? I need something to last me for my whole shift on Monday ;) )
That's awesome. This project is just incredible in so many ways. Youko you should feel proud of what your podcast has become.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
That's been on my mind a little bit too and I'm actually glad someone noticed. I'll try to improve on that, thank you for the heads-up.

How's the Dictionary progress coming?
Pretty good. I got all the words in ep 18 and 20.
I just need to find the words in 19, and get egruntz to help me make the wiki page.

Sariku

Smash Master
That is it Youko. I'm am finally in a better mood, so I will try to say everything I can that I think about the "Show Me Your News!!" Podcast.

First let's start what everyone seems to hate me over... Episode 20. I re listened to it yesterday, and when I really got down to the meat and bones of it, it wasn't that bad. Yes, I still think that you guys did laugh too much, but I can't say I wouldn't do that if I was on the RoundTable. I'm sure I'd have a lot of fun, so I don't want to say much more so I don't sound like a hypocrite later on. But please, try to be a little more serious from now on. I know you said this Episode will be more serious already, so I'm looking forward to it.

I also don't hate Gimpyfish, nor am I trying to suck up to him. I just haven't been in the best mood lately and probably didn't think much of what I was typing. Gimpyfish was awesome, I did enjoy hearing what he had to say about Brawl with voice rather than having to read it on AIM or something. You did a great job dude, I really enjoyed it. But my opinion is don't have him appear every too often. While he's awesome, it loses it's "uniqueness" after a while. May I suggest Mic_128? Maybe even Scav if he finds the time.

I do agree that you do need to do a Rundown again though Youko. If you don't have fun with it, don't do it every week. Even if you just did a biweekly or Monthly Rundown on every major update we got, I would enjoy it. It's just really nice to hear everything in top quality compared to what we are getting now. But again, don't get me wrong. I love the RoundTable, but I really do want to see the Rundown make a return in some form.

"To Paunch is his DestinKEEEEE...." Perfect Easter Egg. I really would enjoy it if we could get more things like that. I miss the old Easter Eggs as well. I really do want to hear a Youko Barbershop Quartet again. Those things are freakin' Godlike. If I can make a suggestion, do a Mario Bros. one. Or we could get a Youko Unplugged. I wouldn't mind a Star Fox one. Hell, let SamuraiPanda join you for a duet.

Youko, I really do enjoy everything you put into this Podcast. I understand why you changed stuff too, like I used to do the Info Thread. It really does get tiring and boring doing the same stuff over again. I'm just really happy that you are sticking to it.

I also want to apologize to everyone else in this thread. I haven't been in the best mood, and I may of made some of you guys mad. I'm really not aiming for that, so please don't hold anything against me. I really want to get along with a lot of you guys again, as I really feel like I'm turning into the "DylanTNGA" you can say. Only a few people like him because of his views. I love Dylan, I really do. But please, I don't want to be viewed upon as that. Please accept this apology.

Youko, I hope I can be in the "Show Me Your News!!" Podcast soon, I really had a lot of fun in the earlier days of the Podcast. Here's hoping for some favor.

~ Sariku.Uchiha

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Youko stay away from all slang of any kind please im beggin ya jk jk LOL

that includes all time skip slang LOL again jk jk
if youre wonderin what im doing im relistening to ep.20

ice climbers: i am a snowcone and i am peppermint flavor....be the snowcone....be the snowcone

/picks up and eats the ice climbers and keeps walkin/

LOL

edit : snake uses his shield and kirby takes out a screwdriver and screws snake's box to the ground. /snake hits box/WTF LET ME OUT while kirby is laughing

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I also don't hate Gimpyfish, nor am I trying to suck up to him. I just haven't been in the best mood lately and probably didn't think much of what I was typing. Gimpyfish was awesome, I did enjoy hearing what he had to say about Brawl with voice rather than having to read it on AIM or something. You did a great job dude, I really enjoyed it. But my opinion is don't have him appear every too often. While he's awesome, it loses it's "uniqueness" after a while. May I suggest Mic_128? Maybe even Scav if he finds the time.
Mic or Scav don't have as much Brawl playtime as Gimpy... that's why it's better to have him on, not just cuz he's a mod. I thought this was understood...

Your entire post just seems like a cry for attention.

Sariku

Smash Master
Mic or Scav don't have as much Brawl playtime as Gimpy... that's why it's better to have him on, not just cuz he's a mod. I thought this was understood...

I'm gonna leave the last bit aside.

But it doesn't necessarily have to be a Pro Smash player. Mic is a great asset to the Boards, and accually is a real fun person to listen to. (Smashcast). Scav, I really don't know, havn't talked to him in a while...

KirbyKid, he would be great as well.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice

Your entire post just seems like you are an idiot.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i dont really understand why mic or scav would be like sought after for this sort of thing

it'd be cool to have them on, but it'd be cool to have like... almost anyone on

i dont get that recommendation XD

oh wellz

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i dont really understand why mic or scav would be like sought after for this sort of thing

it'd be cool to have them on, but it'd be cool to have like... almost anyone on

i dont get that recommendation XD

oh wellz
*Shrug* I guess some people liked the Smashcasts we did (before kiki and scav got oh so busy.... ;_; )

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i didn't know you were on one haha

it wasn't like a "i dont like mic" i was just confused about how he brought it up but if you guys wer both on before then it makes much more sense and i take back what i said hahahaha

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
So yea...

Finally decided to sit down and listen to the conglomerate that is SMYN....

and well, not bad guys. Mind you, I don't have the patience nor the time to sit through 20 episodes, but I did listen to 6-10 minutes of the 20th episode. Not that it is bad or anything, but well, hormones strike... >_> (lmao, jay kay jay kay)

Nah, I just am either just getting off of work or school, and galaxy ***** my time.

If I had a mic, I would think about asking you to get on the show, just to ask. I don't have a mic though, and I really don't think you'd bother trying to get me on because around here my name is not well known.

but yea, it wasn't bad at all, I had low expectations coming in to listen, but you proved them wrong.

I just find the little captain falcon theme followed by "SHOW ME YOUR NEWS" just a little cheesy, but what can you do? ^_^

M.K

Level 55
I listened to it for the first time (Episode 20) and it was....alright!
I liked it, you guys have amazing voices for this.

I just wanted to say you guys really do a great job every week and should be APPLAUDED!
Haha, Youko closing every post, Bowser's FSmash not coming, LOL!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why are people saying that metaknight's update was useless? We saw that mach torando acts different now. The momemtum goes left and right (which mean you dont really control it)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I don't think there are any words in EP 18 either..

Hmmm....
Turns out the only word in EP 18 was "basassadry" or however you would like it to be spelled.

I didn't bother listening all the way to the end because I figured after the 13 MailTime questions were finished, new words weren't going to be made.

If it gets to a point where I'm dry for new words, I'll go back and check for sure.

For now, keep feeding me words. I'm working on the skeleton for the wiki page as week speak.
Man I need sleep.

EDIT
To anyone who wanted to see my progress so far:
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/SMYN_Dictionary

Remember that this is crap right now. After I get all the words out of Episode 19 and any words in Episode 21 I will make it look better and include little dictionary-esque details.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
I think you should include, "Just Clocks," to the dictionary. Other than that, good job listing all the words. I think you should put each word on a new row though.

BTW, SMYN crew, the shirts should definitely have "All Clocks" or "Just Clocks" on it. lolz, love that saying.

Great job on number 20 ya'll, just got around to listenin to it and it was great. Perfect mixture of Intelligent discussion, unintelligent discussioin, and badassidryness. Keep it up.

~Cless-mint

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think it should be spelled "Bad Acidry -- To have bad acid." :laugh: That's how I always imagined it with that pronunciation.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Week's over!

Looking forward to this week's SMYN, although I have no idea what sort of tangents you guy'll go on during this episode...

Oh, and while I'm here, you guys should definitely discuss the bombshell that Panda laid on us this week.

Yup. I love you, SamuraiPanda.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Week's over!

Looking forward to this week's SMYN, although I have no idea what sort of tangents you guy'll go on during this episode...

Oh, and while I'm here, you guys should definitely discuss the bombshell that Panda laid on us this week.

Yup. I love you, SamuraiPanda.
QFT

Also, I've already got some titles for this week's SMYN:

"Doom, Duds, & Darkness" (Doom = Saki, Duds & Darkness kinda explain themselves)

"Now that's just cold!" (From the Iceberg [IC FS] update, referring to how updates seem to be resently [Don't think I'm complaining b/c I'm not])

"Super Smash Strikers Charged" (Referring to [1] the Soccer Ball in the Training update and [2] Charged Special attacks)

Any of these good ones?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
alright, time for me to post my titles for this week:

"Smoke shoots out from his head"

"He's reached maximum charge!"

"Saki stands on solid ground!"

"Yeti DK"

"Snake changed his camouflage!"

"Don’t get caught in the explosion"

"Nothing about this screen seems unusual"

"Put it in slow motion"

"Iceberg IS about all you can call this!"

"Now that’s just cold!"

That's the best lines i found on the site. now for my own rendition...

"Starstorms and costumes and duds...Oh my!"

that's all i got for now. if i think of any, i'll edit this post

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
those are prtty cool names. i have no idea what to calll episodes, i'm horrible at naming. i f i think of something, i'lll post it.

wow, 2 people have come up with "thats just cold"

Top Bottom