• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should you or should not attack while being taunt ?

miken1999

Smash Rookie
I do not attack my opponent while they taunt me after a kill. Most of my opponent return the favor and taunt while I taunt. This is common ?

SHould you or should not attack while being taunt ? Would you want your opponent to attack you when you taunt them ?

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
I attack opponents during taunts if I can. It's their fault. They should work on their taunt spacing. I expect the same if I'm the one taunting.

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
I would let them taunt it they did something awesome, like Ganon uptilt shield break to warlock punch, or like, if they got a 4 knee combo or something.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Pepep.

srsly though, if it was a bad idea to attack people while they were taunting they'd have super armor. :D
Sure, they may punch you afterwords, but sakurai agrees with what you've done!!!

JOE!

Smash Hero
If you attack a falcon whilst they ask you to reveal to them your moves, then may the lord have mercy on your soul for the anger that is unleashed

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I will attack unless Captain Falcon is the one to perform this taunt.
I will punch the other player's face if they are using Pit and perform a taunt. And I'm sure noone will blame me.

Hiiiiiii

Smash Cadet
If it's a gay taunt like "You're too slow" or Pit's voice, destroy them. But if its an epic taunt like Falcon's and you attack, you're an *** :)

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
If they are spamming the taunt, I will attack them. If they managed to land an epic blow (say someone Falcon Punched me to death) then I will let them taunt and sometimes even taunt in reply.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I usually don't attack while the opponent is taunting, but if it's online and they have some vulgar/stupid taunt (**** Recovery, or LMFAO *****), then I'd attack them.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I used to not.
Now I do, unless something ridiculous happened.

But if its a tourney match, I'll hit them regardless of whats happening.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
On for Funzies, tournies are serious : |

iDon't Hit when Taunting
  • Falcon's "Show me your moves"
  • Amazing kill or something really cool happens
  • Snake does his Down Smash and then taunts on top of it [Dubbed the "Nightmare Booster"]
  • Jigglypuff's side taunt, in which he spins [Dubbed "Disco"]

Hit when Taunting
  • Everything else.

miken1999

Smash Rookie
The one time I attack during a taunt my opponent taunt was " nice move ".

I felt cheap for doing that .

PHiL Gee

Smash Cadet
It all depends on what happens in the game.
If its Pit, no matter what, i will hit him. Same for Pikachu.
If the person who is taunting doesnt deserve the taunt like if I SD, ill hit them.
If they are a respected player I wont hit.
If they were a-holes to me before or during the game, hit them.
If they dont hit while I taunt, then I wont hit them.
If it was a well derserved KO, I wont hit.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
It depends. I only attack them if they did something really cheap to KO me, they continuously taunt, hit me while I taunt them, or just on accident. Otherwise I rarely hit people while they taunt.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Basically, I hit them if I think they deserve it. I usually always hit taunters in real life, but online I don't since that's the only way to say anything at all.

And I NEVER hit Captain Falcon's D-taunt EVER. If you do, die in a Falcon Punch's fire.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
It depends, if I'm playing around, I'll taunt with them, or if they did something epic(most likely that didn't kill me) I'll let them get away with the taunt. I sorta respect the taunt if it's well-deserved.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I always go for it when people taunt, punishing them hard, and the next time they taunt, I taunt back with a long taunt and then SH Knee to punish them for their punish-attempt. Mindgames.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I usually attack people when they're taunting, i almost have no exceptions, even if i face pit or cpt falcon. But, if something very very cool happened, and they killed me with it, i'd let them taunt.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I taunt in the middle of tourney matches. I've even taunted in the middle of a 2v1. My opponent(s) have every right to attack me.

Keep in mind that a good taunter doesn't leave himself vulnerable during a taunt. You can taunt after a series of attacks, not only irritating the opponent, but making him think that you're open, only to have HIS attack punished.

I think I over-analyzed. As you can see, I've taunted around the block a few times.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
When battling more than one other person, I don't taunt if they're taunting for killing someone else, but wil if it's for me. In one on one, I let them taunt if they don't do it excessively.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If my opponent taunts after a **** sweet kill, a real stupid SD, a great double SD or after a Falcon Punch, it is justified. Or if it is on wifi and they do down-taunt when im up close or something, which is the signal for 'wait a minute'

Otherwise, except a hit.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they taunt, they leave themselves open. Prepare to get dominated. Where's the Dominion Rod when you need it?

For the most part, if they deserve to get the taunt, like an awesome move, etc., then sure I'll let them. But otherwise... "Death to all who oppose me!"

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I usually don't attack while the opponent is taunting, but if it's online and they have some vulgar/stupid taunt (**** Recovery, or LMFAO *****), then I'd attack them.
Lol yeah, Torna's taunts annoy me.

I only let em taunt if they deserve it.(Sacred combo much?)

:094:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You always attack. No matter what.

Top Bottom