• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My final note is this-

MK has enough qualities to be banned, but him being banned will change nothing. The same people will be placing well, the only difference is now it's mainly just skill that puts them above everyone else. Most of the characters ***** by MK will still suck, and the game really wont be much better. It will be better, in my opinion at least, but not that much.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
If you think OS's brainwashing is bad then obviously you haven't listened to any of the yoshi mains. They are indeed relentless. They will stop at nothing until we all appreciate Yoshi and realize his potential as top tier.

MK has a lot of good attributes and very few if any negative attributes. I am really on the fence with this one though. I think it is too soon to ban metaknight. I really think non MK tournaments would be a good idea to give us some data on how the game looks without him. That way we don't have to come up with so many theories in order to discuss the issue at hand.

What I dislike though is that even the best player of a certain character has trouble with just decent to good metaknights. I really think that in order to beat a top level player you should also be a top level player as well regardless of character.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Spoken like a true noob. MK has lots of exploitable weakness's.

1) Lag on moves (he lags :O how?!?!?... simple if u notice all his moves must attack front and back. Punish after the frontal attack)

2) But but tornado...... But but FOOTSTOOL noob.

3) Updefense is terrible.

4) but but he can glide attack and it killz... but but u can powershield to anything.

5) his range is broken... like i said he lags on his moves...

6) THERES NO WAY TO EDGE GUARD HIM!!! ..... silly noob u can spike him if not space ur aeriel so that itll cancel with his glide attack and punish afterwards.. expect an upb tho noob.

MK is not broken just overly prioritized which is why u just gata play patient with him and counter after all his moves...
Thank you, only Dedede I have lost to with Meta Knight for the past two months. :)

u guyz shuld ask inui how i beat his mk on FD lets us not forget he beat atomsk and Bum
You camped me back, zoned with waddle dees and spaced f-tilt, and consistently DI'd out of the tornado and footstooled it. You also didn't spam sidesteps like most Dededes. You know the match-up better than any other Dedede I've played.

Sharky

Smash Master
I don't argue that Yoshi should be top tier, I think his current position is fine for the present. I just think certain match-ups are better for him than most non yoshi's think.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
We've had this "perfect camping" for a long time. It's just that Atomsk used it well against Inui and M2K so suddenly Oli has the advantage.

They'll learn how to deal with it with time.
He has yet to fight M2K in tourney with his Olimar so no matter what Atomsk says, he cannot touch M2K.

Even after NinjaLink beat M2K, M2K learned to fight Diddy and glidetoss and beat him 10 times in a row in friendlies.

Based off this judgement, M2K may have actually had trouble against Atomsk but give it a week and everything will be back to normal.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Um................. case and point. lol.
Eh, there isn't much of a reason to keep him, seeing how he is somewhat detrimental to Brawl as a whole, but once again, an MK ban will not revolutionize the tourney experience. You may no longer need a counter pick because your character can deal with everyone else to an extent. Whoop de ****ing doo, like that will change much results wise.

I gotta say though, if MK is banned, I'll be way more happy with my Kirby. Fighting Mk feels like Kirby dittos but the other Kirby has better options than me. :/

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui, can you post a link to the match where his DDD beat you?
There aren't any vids. I played friendlies with him at an NYC weekly. He's amazing against MK. He footstooled the tornado almost every time and zoned well. He's really patient. He's honestly the only Dedede I'm scared to fight. Not even Atomsk's makes me worry at all anymore.

-__-

Smash Ace
Thank you, only Dedede I have lost to with Meta Knight for the past two months. :)

You camped me back, zoned with waddle dees and spaced f-tilt, and consistently DI'd out of the tornado and footstooled it. You also didn't spam sidesteps like most Dededes. You know the match-up better than any other Dedede I've played.
OMG TY LOL im glad sum1 can finally clear the air of stupidity lmfao.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wait? What what what?!? Whats all this talk about Yoshi being Top Tier by Overswarm Now?

And how is "6th Worst Character in the game" fine, compared to Top Tier?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why? Is he a MK main?

inui, can you post a link to the match where his DDD beat you?
MLG_JV is one of the spokesmen for Major League Gaming here; you know, the people who run Game battles and sponser a buttload of video game competitions across the board and have done so for about (I think) 6-7 years now?

Add in:

Don't they now own this site too or are we just affliated with them?

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think it's safe to say that M2K is at a higher skill level. Thus, if he can go even with his Meta Knight, then it's a given that Snake likely has the advantage in the match-up. That is, not taking other factors into consideration.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

What kills me about this is that we're talking about one set in one tournament and you both are going back and forth as if this is the crowning proof that Metaknight shouldn't be banned. It's like when Ninjalink beat M2K with Diddy and then people were like "ZOMG, DeDiE'S A mK kOwNtEr" and people kept referencing this ONE SET in this ONE tournament. Two weeks later, it was debunked and people starting looking for the next Metaknight pseudocounter. (Which seems to be Zero Suit Samus right at the moment.) Here's a question now; will this remain the same? Will Basic Sausage continue to beat Inui when they meet in the future or will Inui develop new ways to counter Basic Sausage's strategies. Inui, if this guy had been whipping you for months then there'd actually be a good arguement going (although it would be limited to your and his experience and not speak for everyone's) but to say, "this guy beat me once before so therefore Metaknight should not be banned" is not a good arguement.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
What kills me about this is that we're talking about one set in one tournament and you both are going back and forth as if this is the crowning proof that Metaknight shouldn't be banned. It's like when Ninjalink beat M2K with Diddy and then people were like "ZOMG, DeDiE'S A mK kOwNtEr" and people kept referencing this ONE SET in this ONE tournament. Two weeks later, it was debunked and people starting looking for the next Metaknight pseudocounter. (Which seems to be Zero Suit Samus right at the moment.) Here's a question now; will this remain the same? Will Basic Sausage continue to beat Inui when they meet in the future or will Inui develop new ways to counter Basic Sausage's strategies. Inui, if this guy had been whipping you for months then there'd actually be a good arguement going (although it would be limited to your and his experience and not speak for everyone's) but to say, "this guy beat me once before so therefore Metaknight should not be banned" is not a good arguement.
Although this is very true, you also have to consider that it shows that its definitely doable. And its not as if this is the only time it happened. Sets with higher level players should be held with more weight than those with lower level players. Regardless, it is indeed only a single set. I've beaten MKs ranked significantly higher than me with my Sonic, does that mean Sonic is a MK counter? No. But then again, I'm not someone at Inui's level. So you just have to take that all into consideration.

I guess we'll see with time how things go.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Solid argument. Do you have any evidence or opinion to back up it up?
Perhaps you didn't read the fine print...But now you've motivated me to say something. This has probably been said millions of times but...

...Too many people have been brainwashed into thinking he's unbeatable and therefore are too lazy to learn how to fight him.

The whole Brawl community is filled with angst-driven whiny people who are too lazy to learn things. There are so many underused characters in the roster that may shine but too many stray away from them.
---
It may not be decisive evidence, but I believe it speaks for itself.

Smash Master
Perhaps you didn't read the fine print...But now you've motivated me to say something. This has probably been said millions of times but...

...Too many people have been brainwashed into thinking he's unbeatable and therefore are too lazy to learn how to fight him.

The whole Brawl community is filled with angst-driven whiny people who are too lazy to learn things. There are so many underused characters in the roster that may shine but too many stray away from them.
---
It may not be decisive evidence, but I believe it speaks for itself.
Even if there are 9001 whiners and 1000 dedicated brawl players, you'd think one of those thousand would have found some tactic that can realistically consistently beat MK. Every other character has a moderate to hard counter, and it isn't like they haven't devoted enough time to exploiting MK's sparse vulnerabilities. I mean people are actually talking about SDIing out of his fair to punish him during the move. That's how desperate we are getting to find something that works. Everytime someone says, "we can't find a counter" you say "keep looking." We've spent half of Brawl's lifespan looking. When can we say enough is enough and start focusing on other matchups?

-__-

Smash Ace
Here's a question now; will this remain the same? Will Basic Sausage continue to beat Inui when they meet in the future or will Inui develop new ways to counter Basic Sausage's strategies. Inui, if this guy had been whipping you for months then there'd actually be a good arguement going (although it would be limited to your and his experience and not speak for everyone's) but to say, "this guy beat me once before so therefore Metaknight should not be banned" is not a good arguement.
This made me rofl lmfao.... i have a strategy!?!?!? since wen :confused: all i do is let u smash my first stock and then **** your 3 cuz i know enough to counter you by then. i guess thats a strategy o.O

"Yo Leo whats your strategy" - Quoted by Snakee lmfao

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Even if there are 9001 whiners and 1000 dedicated brawl players, you'd think one of those thousand would have found some tactic that can realistically consistently beat MK. Every other character has a moderate to hard counter, and it isn't like they haven't devoted enough time to exploiting MK's sparse vulnerabilities. I mean people are actually talking about SDIing out of his fair to punish him during the move. That's how desperate we are getting to find something that works. Everytime someone says, "we can't find a counter" you say "keep looking." We've spent half of Brawl's lifespan looking. When can we say enough is enough and start focusing on other matchups?
this entire post is amazing, especially the last sentance

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I'm still undecided on the subject. I can see both sides. MK definitely is tough. As a Toon Link main, I have a neutral match up with metaknight. I definitely see him as beatable just like every other character. He is harder to beat for sure, but I think like any character, with enough analysis of his play styles you can beat him. Thats the tricky part. There are many ways to play a character. Me and my friends tend to go back and forth because we constantly have to adapt to each other's play styles and reinvent our own.

If Metaknight does not get banned, then people are just going to have to deal with it and main two cahracters.
1 character they enjoy
and another that is neutral with metaknight

Toon Link is an amazing character if people put the time in to learn him. TL and ZSS definitely fair well against Meta. I also believe there are a lot of characters in this game that have yet to be fully explored, partially due to this battle and the tier list. MK could have a true counter out there in one of those characters, we just don't know it yet.

Lucas, Mario etc are on the bottom of the tier list but have amazing potential as characters. these bottom and middle tier characters may rise up and surprise you. Stop focusing on metaknight and learn some new characters and focus on fleshing out their potential. We will never have a decisive character who will consistently beat MK. I think of players are good enough and of equal talent, the fight will always be back and forth as players learn and adapt to play styles and characters.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'm still undecided on the subject. I can see both sides. MK definitely is tough. As a Toon Link main, I have a neutral match up with metaknight. I definitely see him as beatable just like every other character. He is harder to beat for sure, but I think like any character, with enough analysis of his play styles you can beat him. Thats the tricky part. There are many ways to play a character. Me and my friends tend to go back and forth because we constantly have to adapt to each other's play styles and reinvent our own.

If Metaknight does not get banned, then people are just going to have to deal with it and main two cahracters.
1 character they enjoy
and another that is neutral with metaknight

Toon Link is an amazing character if people put the time in to learn him. TL and ZSS definitely fair well against Meta. I also believe there are a lot of characters in this game that have yet to be fully explored, partially due to this battle and the tier list. MK could have a true counter out there in one of those characters, we just don't know it yet.

Lucas, Mario etc are on the bottom of the tier list but have amazing potential as characters. these bottom and middle tier characters may rise up and surprise you. Stop focusing on metaknight and learn some new characters and focus on fleshing out their potential. We will never have a decisive character who will consistently beat MK. I think of players are good enough and of equal talent, the fight will always be back and forth as players learn and adapt to play styles and characters.
resized is why he should be banned

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Get better at the game or play other top tier characters.

Yeah.
---
This is where the whiny part comes in. If there are certain players who can beat MK consistently with no trouble, then it is possible to beat MK. Why do you think there are several hundred votes for 'No'? It's because they KNOW THE MK MATCH-UP...Or they play MK. But that is besides the point. There are most likely people who don't even know of this poll. Learn how to be campy and gay and pick gay characters if you want to win in Brawl. Also, I believe Snake has the advantage on MK. Am I wrong?

Take D.A. Kid for instance. He's not going to advance further anywhere in the tourney scene because he's a Sonic fanboy and Sonic is a HORRIBLE character to play.

And 3-4 months is barely anything. I thought Brawl players always argued against Melee players in Brawl's shallowness how "we need more time" and "the game has only been out for 7 months." You guys come to this conclusion in 7-8 months?

Good game and community. Yeah.

-__-

Smash Ace
Wow noob. KEEP LOOKING. There are plenty of ways to counter MK. DK CAN COUNTER MK. EVEN BOWSER. Your way of "looking" must be let me go to a tourny stick to my main and lose w.o bothering to do frame checks before hand. Stupid people need to man up and start actually TRAINING not just play matches and learn nothing new about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom