• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I wait for SM4SH Wii U version or get 3ds version?

Mindsnipe

Smash Rookie
Wait tip the wii u one comes out and get the new 3ds xl when that comes out in like march 2015. Buying a 3DS now would just be a waste when you could get a wii u which isn't going to be outdated in 5 months. both systems are great and you should get both versions, but probably getting the wii u one would be the best choice.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm not about to get into an argument about which version is better, but there are no doubt advantages to both choices. It's simple really, you just need to decide what is most important to you.

Do you prefer portability with a focus on single player? Then I would suggest going with the 3DS version.

Or do you favor more powerful graphics, easily accessible multiplayer, and a greater variety of controller options? If so, I would definitely suggest going with the Wii U.

Personally, I wish I could get both versions, but it simply can't be done at this time. I decided to go with the Wii U because it is definitely a Smashbros experience that I'm most used to. This way it is much easier for all my friends to get together and play around a big TV you know? It is also most likely going to be the tournament standard especially due to the GameCube controllers coming back.

What matters to you the most?

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Thanks a bunch guys! Decision made, i am definitely getting 3ds and smash 3ds
For those of you who said get both, read #1 again

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Thanks a bunch guys! Decision made, i am definitely getting 3ds and smash 3ds
For those of you who said get both, read #1 again
Glad you are happy with your choice. But in the future if you have enough money, I would suggest getting a Wii U with Smash!

Last edited:
Top Bottom