• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I get Splatoon for X-Mas?

AEFrazzleCandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
GatorCrash
I tried out the Testfire to the game yesterday and I think it's pretty enjoyable, but I just want to know if you have to play it constantly to enjoy it.

I have loads of time to think about this, but I just want to get a couple opinions from you guys. :b:

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Yes. Get it. Get it now. You do not have to play constantly, in fact, that's how you shouldn't play it. You should play in 2-3 hour bursts throughout the day, or less.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I would say yes. Game is getting a constant stream of updates and support. I love a lot of the Wii U games out, but this is the first to give me that "new" feeling for when purchasing a console.

AEFrazzleCandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
GatorCrash
I love the feel for the maps, and the choice of weaponry is awesome, but there is another thing I want to ask. I remember I had a bad time with the first Testfire. I only just played 15 minutes of it and I just got to a match, and the whole thing crashed. Does server crashes ever happen often in the normal version of Splatoon, or is it just because of the Testfire people that the server goes whack?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I love the feel for the maps, and the choice of weaponry is awesome, but there is another thing I want to ask. I remember I had a bad time with the first Testfire. I only just played 15 minutes of it and I just got to a match, and the whole thing crashed. Does server crashes ever happen often in the normal version of Splatoon, or is it just because of the Testfire people that the server goes whack?
It is bound to happen at some point, but it seldom happens on my end.

RiverNote98

Smash Rookie
NNID
RiverNote98
Switch FC
2363-3348-2129
I say you should get it but you don't have to play it overly long to get good just a 2-3 hour play through and you should get the hang of it

brokr

Smash Rookie
NNID
soulace
I tried out the Testfire to the game yesterday and I think it's pretty enjoyable, but I just want to know if you have to play it constantly to enjoy it.

I have loads of time to think about this, but I just want to get a couple opinions from you guys. :b:
it's the perfect game to not invest that much time to honestly, because the matches are so short, but they're a good enough amount of time to still thoroughly enjoy.
the game still hasn't lost its charm for me yet, i still very much love it. definitely recommend you get it!

AEFrazzleCandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
GatorCrash
it's the perfect game to not invest that much time to honestly, because the matches are so short, but they're a good enough amount of time to still thoroughly enjoy.
the game still hasn't lost its charm for me yet, i still very much love it. definitely recommend you get it!
Great! Once I get it, may consider SquidBoards. XD Not yet though, still have a legacy to put here, hah. I'll definitely consider for Christmas. ^_^

lordmud

Smash Rookie
you should get a strategy game where you can talk to your teammates. lol

Top Bottom