• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I get Smash Bros Melee?

Should I get it?

• Yes

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters

someroastedbeef

Smash Rookie
Played all the games a lot and I mainly just play project m and melee now. Melee I feel is more competitive and mechanically intensive than the rest and is just a more rewarding experience for me. Project M is similar and also has a more balanced meta as characters are being patched constantly and almost every character is playable unlike Melee where only a handful of characters are competitively viable.

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
I feel like even perfect execution isn't enough. You have to have insane reads and game sense as well. In other words, to main a character as low as Kirby, you have to have the fundamentals and execution of an elite player.

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
God, the competitive Melee vocabulary.
I would play Kirby in Melee, regardless of his tier.
1.) The Melee vocab is waaaay different than Brawl's since it has very little tech skill
2.) Please for the love of god don't main Kirby. I normally don't bash on mains, unless it's Kirby. I know someone who used to main Kirby and I would literally destroy him every time. One time we were talking and decided to Kirby ditto (best 3/5 set) and beat him 3-0, every game being a 3 stock. The day after he switched to Marth, ever since the switch we've had a Hungrybox-Mango sorta thing going on. We both have inconsistent wins against each other.

Playing Kirby is setting you up for nothing but failure because of his lack of being able to do anything basic, I would either go Marth, Falcon, or Ganon. Kirby is absolutely trash.

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
2.) Please for the love of god don't main Kirby. I normally don't bash on mains, unless it's Kirby. I know someone who used to main Kirby and I would literally destroy him every time. One time we were talking and decided to Kirby ditto (best 3/5 set) and beat him 3-0, every game being a 3 stock. The day after he switched to Marth, ever since the switch we've had a Hungrybox-Mango sorta thing going on. We both have inconsistent wins against each other.

Playing Kirby is setting you up for nothing but failure because of his lack of being able to do anything basic, I would either go Marth, Falcon, or Ganon. Kirby is absolutely trash.
Ok, can I at least give him a try? I don't think I'll be good enough to get in a tournament anyway. Also, how come I just made a small mention of Kirby in Melee and this turned from Should I get Melee to Should I main Kirby. Should I get Melee, guys?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Ok, can I at least give him a try? I don't think I'll be good enough to get in a tournament anyway. Also, how come I just made a small mention of Kirby in Melee and this turned from Should I get Melee to Should I main Kirby. Should I get Melee, guys?
Because the answer to your question is simple, if you want to play Melee, then play Melee. There really isn't much to it. Besides, did you really expect anyone (aside from me; play Project M) in the Melee forums to say no?

Whether you should main Kirby at least leads to some sort of a discussion. Ultimately, play who ever you want, just don't expect to get anywhere far with Kirby.

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
It's because people don't want you to go down that road and get angry at melee. Main Kirby if you truly want to, but you have to realize it's going to be rough and you might think melee is too hard for you. At least try other characters too, and practice a few. Don't just go ham with kirby cause you will probably be wasting your time with trying to make him work.

Back to your original question, look at the poll. It says yes, so what are you waiting for?

vboy97

Smash Rookie
NNID
vboy97
3DS FC
4570-9155-6822
Yeah, after playing smash 4 on release, I moved on to melee in like February. I cant play smash 4 anymore because I feel so limited. Melee is a much better game fundamentally, definitely get it. I was the same way, I was afraid I was going to be total **** at melee. But I'm only half-****!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I have both a Wii and GameCube, and it's very much possible for me to get Nintendon't, but I like to be legit.
Getting it legit is nice, but do you really want to pay +$50 for a 14 year old disc that's probably scratched up and has trouble playing? Assuming your Wii has Gamecube ports, Nintendont is, imo, the better option

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Quick hands just comes with practice naturally. Solid fundamentals will get you a long way from the start.

Top Bottom