• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should characters in Brawl have personalized Entrances again?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yet Mewtwo was scaled down and no one complained... He is supposed to be 6'7" yet little 1'4" Pikachu is half his height... Kirby was indeed scaled up...

Size is not an issue, people should stop bringing it up. About the personalized entrances, I love it how no one can really come up with one for Marth, Roy, or the Ice Climbers. This is what I think is the real reason behind their absence in Melee. They just couldnt come up with one for every character!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Eh. It doesn't necessarily have to be an entrance anyway. I think I'd prefer it if they just showed up somehow and did something. Jigglypuff could wake up from being asleep. Marth could just start out standing there waving his sword around to prepare for battle.
All the random entrances like Pokeballs and warp pipes seemed a bit out of place anyway. And they definitely would in the more serious surroundings of Brawl.
I just want their entrances to say "Hello, I am an individual! Check me out!" instead of "zap ready go".

Smash Ace
not any more.
I want those entrances to come back as well. Here's some Ideas:

Mario/Luigi/Dr. Mario: warp pipe
Bowser: 3 glorious words y'all: Koopa Klown Kar
DK/diddy: the DK barrel all the way
Link/Zelda/Ganondorf: those little twilight square thingies... whatever the heck they're called.
Samus/ZSS: see N64 (on second thought, scratch ZSS because of... yeah, you know)
C. Falcon/Ness: see N64 as well
Yoshi: da egg
Kirby/Meta-Knight: Warp Star
Fox/Falco: ARWING (FTW)
Pikachu/Jigglypuff: Pokeball
Mewtwo: Masterball (or Pokeball, I don't care)
Ike/Roy: not knowing he style of FE as of yet, (I did put my name on a copy of Goddess of Dawn when I visited the Studio that is making this game)I am unsure. I think it'd be cool to see a burst of flame and they'd appear from that.
G&W: I liked the idea of him turning sideways
Wario: 2 glorious words: Wario Chopper (FTW)
Pit: see--> Pit's Descent
Snake: the box. what else?

Anyone I failed to mention? that menas I either lack the knowledge of the game they're from (IE: Ice Climbers) I don't know of any possible cool way for them to appear (IE: Pokemon Trainer) or I just don't care about them (IE: everyone else)

heh.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
Personalized entrances returning sounds like a good idea. this shuold be stickied.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
not any more.
I want those entrances to come back as well. Here's some Ideas:

Mario/Luigi/Dr. Mario: warp pipe
Bowser: 3 glorious words y'all: Koopa Klown Kar
DK/diddy: the DK barrel all the way
Link/Zelda/Ganondorf: those little twilight square thingies... whatever the heck they're called.
Samus/ZSS: see N64 (on second thought, scratch ZSS because of... yeah, you know)
C. Falcon/Ness: see N64 as well
Yoshi: da egg
Kirby/Meta-Knight: Warp Star
Fox/Falco: ARWING (FTW)
Pikachu/Jigglypuff: Pokeball
Mewtwo: Masterball (or Pokeball, I don't care)
Ike/Roy: not knowing he style of FE as of yet, (I did put my name on a copy of Goddess of Dawn when I visited the Studio that is making this game)I am unsure. I think it'd be cool to see a burst of flame and they'd appear from that.
G&W: I liked the idea of him turning sideways
Wario: 2 glorious words: Wario Chopper (FTW)
Pit: see--> Pit's Descent
Snake: the box. what else?

Anyone I failed to mention? that menas I either lack the knowledge of the game they're from (IE: Ice Climbers) I don't know of any possible cool way for them to appear (IE: Pokemon Trainer) or I just don't care about them (IE: everyone else)

heh.
Mewtwo should not be in his pokeball since he was never captured...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo should be in his cloning chamber thing and break free...or the armor thing, which was my first thought

Darkurai

Smash Master
Here's what I think could be done for the confirmed characters.

Mario: Pipe (duh)
Link: Warp in Twilight Princess-style
Kirby: Warp star
Pikachu: Pokéball
Fox: Arwing
Samus: Prime 3 ship
Zelda: Flash of light and she appears out of nowhere (like how Sheik disappeared in OoT)
Bowser: Koopa Clown Car. It's the best way.
DK: DK barrel.
Yoshi: Pops out of egg.
Peach: Floats down with umbrella.
Ice Climbers: Climb up the front side of the stage.
Pit: Falls in like in Pit's Descent.
Wario: Rides his hog in.
Ike: I don't know. I've never played Fire Emblem.
Pokémon Trainer: Rides in on Charizard
Diddy: Rides in on plane from Diddy Kong Racing.
Meta-Knight: Warp in the same way he warps out when you beat him in Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland
Snake: Box.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
-Mario/Luigi: warp pipe
-Peach: either she floats down w/ her umbrella or she walks through a Subcon door...
-Bowser: Koopa Klown Kar
-EarthBound reps: PK Teleport thingy(if Claus is in then he flies onto the stage)
-Fire Emblem reps: they get dropped off by a Wyvern or Pegasus Knight. If Black Knight is in then he just warps in...
-StarFox reps: via Arwing(Wolfen if Wolf gets in). If Krystal makes it then she could either do the same or the CloudRunner could drop her off
-F-Zero reps: their respective racecar thing
-Link: warps like in Twilight Princess(if there is Young Link...WW style...he could warp in via Ballad of Gales or w/e
-Zelda: uses Farores Wind
-Ganondorf: either he uses the twili warp or he could ummm....yea I dunno...
-Midna: twili warps
-Samus: same as the original SSB
-Ridley: flies in
-Pokemon reps: pika, jiggly, squrtl, ivy, charizard pop out of their pokeballs, Mewtwo teleports onto the stage...PT could either already be there or fly in via Flying Pokemon like Pidgeot or Fearow or something
-Ice Climbers: umm...either Belay unto the stage or fly on grabbing the condor's talons
-Mr. G & W: either flip sideways since he's flat or fly down via his Neutral Air(parachute)
-AC rep: either he/she floats down with balloons/umbrellas or the train drops him/her off...
-Sukapon: same as in Joy Mech Fight...its already there and its dancing
-Takamaru: the invisibility technique wears off and he *poof* appears
-Kirby: crashes down via warp star
-Meta Knight: either he could take off his cape revealing that he was already there or he could fly onto the stage
-King DeDeDe: he floats onto the stage...
-Snake: he bursts out of his box like in the 1st trailer...(show time...)
-Sonic: either he descends upon the stage as Super Sonic then reverts to normal when his feet touch the ground or he could just run onto the stage(since he's fast...it could be a 'blue blur')
-MegaMan: warps onto the stage like in every Megaman game...
-Geno: ...havent obtained Geno yet in SMRPG yet(I got the ROM and only recently beat that alligator dude)
-Isaac: I dunno...(havent played much of GS since it was my friends)
-Little Mac: no idea...
-Pit: dives onto the stage Pit's Descent style(DO A BARREL ROLL!)
-DK: both DK's...they just burst out of a barrel...although Diddy could fly in via his barrels...or warp in via that banana zipper thing from DK64...but the I think the barrel is better...
-Stafy: same as his games(I think he falls from the sky)
-DeMille: I dunno...

I mixed a few of my wants in there but besides that am I missing anyone?

Lag

Smash Journeyman
Yeaah! I love those entrances! It gives the characters more individuality and gives everyone time to get ready. For those who don't like them(people who just want to get into the action). Maybe there should be an option to turn them off if you wanted to(alternating between SSBM and SSB entrances). So everyones happy! Back on entrances...yes it gives a little "background" for each character and not like "Did Nintendo just make this (character name here) up?" Know what I mean? Its like "Oh I remember that pipe!" or "I remember the Arwing!" Bottom line: Individualism, eye candy, preparing time, and a little bit of history! Hahaha. I wish they would put it back...I would be quite disappointed if they left them out...*sniff* Only time will tell...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno's should be his possessing of the doll, like in the game!

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
If they bring them back, I hope they actually give mario and luigi different entrances this time...

I don't care if they're brothers...
definantly. i think it would seperate luigi's clone aspect from mario even further. anyway, those entrances were so awesome. i was a little dissapointed when they didn't come back. it was a minor detail and it didn't ruin they game for me, but i thought the entrances they had were cool.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Great thread however since they're done with the game...or else they wouldn't release the updates....maybe it won't happen, but if it did, then that would be awesome! If not, then oh well.

Sonic would come in via plane, Mega would warp, Snake in a box, Geno's star coming down...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Black Knight via warp powder, Mikaya by light magic, Claus by his wings...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ness again by the running, warp teleport move...I forgot what it's called in the game

T-major

Smash Champion
character entrances were awesome! I hope they bring them back... if they don't though, I really wouldn't care, but it would be cool if they were there...

I liked Kirby's the best. crash landing with his warp star! F*CK YEAH!!!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Say I was just wondering...

Do you think Sakurai would take up an entire update covering the return of personalized enterances? Or do you think he's just going to let us find out for ourselves?

Shuma

Smash Hero
I hope they're back, i miss them, besides, watching Ridly fly in, Bowser arriving in his Clown Car, Samus arriving in her gunship, Falcon Landin in the... falcon... all of that was awesome.

D

Deleted member

I have thought about these too. I'd like for it to return. Samus' was awesome, same with Capt. Falcon's.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
For anyone who says that it would be wrong for mewtwo to come out of a pokeball, my mewtwo disagrees......

Seriously game>anime, since this is about video game all-stars. If it were about anime all-stars, it would be different, but it's about game allstars, and mewtwo could be caught like every other pokemon in the game.

Ok, a few entrances.

Everyone seems confused about FE charecters, sooo warp ring, return staff, warp staff, being dropped off by calvary, all work. Then we could think of me creative things, that fit the character's personalities.

I'm all for meta-knight's invisible cape entrance, the ship could potentially cause a paradox.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For anyone who says that it would be wrong for mewtwo to come out of a pokeball, my mewtwo disagrees......

Seriously game>anime, since this is about video game all-stars. If it were about anime all-stars, it would be different, but it's about game allstars, and mewtwo could be caught like every other pokemon in the game.

Ok, a few entrances.

Everyone seems confused about FE charecters, sooo warp ring, return staff, warp staff, being dropped off by calvary, all work. Then we could think of me creative things, that fit the character's personalities.

I'm all for meta-knight's invisible cape entrance, the ship could potentially cause a paradox.

Mewtwo cannoically is not ever suppose to be caught

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Then why can you catch him?

In fact, why do they even give you a Master Ball? That thing is practically color-coded to be Mewtwo's home.

...I didn't use my first Master Ball on Mewtwo actually...

I don't think his capture is cannon...I think they just added it so you could catch 'em all!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I already captured all the legendaries...and still had my Master Ball left...

...Actually I caught a Pidgeotto with it, heh...Annoying ******* was too tough for his own good...thought he deserved capture being able to hold his own against a pokemon of much greater level than he was...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I already captured all the legendaries...and still had my Master Ball left...

...Actually I caught a Pidgeotto with it, heh...Annoying ******* was too tough for his own good...thought he deserved capture being able to hold his own against a pokemon of much greater level than he was...
I'm so **** good! (I mean, I was kinda right, right?)

Hope that Pidgeotto served you well then.

*randomly veers back onto the topic*

Pokemon Trainer entrance: Michael Jackson moonwalk, tipping his hat. Badass.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm so **** good! (I mean, I was kinda right, right?)

Hope that Pidgeotto served you well then.

*randomly veers back onto the topic*

Pokemon Trainer entrance: Michael Jackson moonwalk, tipping his hat. Badass.
Evolved to the best **** Pidgeot ever...

Top Bottom