• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shine to D-air of stage

Asper-60

Smash Rookie
I've seen this done quite a few times in videos of Zhu and DSW playing, I've tried it but whenever I manage to do it fast enough it doesn't do the spike portion of D-air. Is there something I'm missing about this? and is it more for show or is it genuinely useful in the tournament setting?

I only saw falco matchup threads so I figured I'd start a new post-- sorry =x

Tyson651

Smash Lord
it could either be the opponent's percentage isn't high enough to really spike,

or u're playing PAL version?

the move is good if they're a little off the stage around the ledge level or a bit lower.

the reason being is because if u go for a regular spike, it will put ur self off stage and u have to recover with upB.

if u do shine then u use ur double jump(rising dair) to go back onto the stage, u dont put ur self into the need to recover.

i guess going down then double jump dair could work. when i think about it, it does seem a little bit slower though.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Most people don't expect a shine dair, they just expect the dj dair, so they dont DI the shine correctly, maybe? i actually dont know
It looks kickass at any rate
In US version Dair always spikes them so yea, are you playing on PAL?

Asper-60

Smash Rookie
Just tried your advice and worked like a charm thanks moogled. one last question though I've also been practicing the illusion stall, is that doable only on certain stages? Ive done it on yoshi's island but only once or twice in a row. I use the C-stick away from the stage and then the control stick towards + B but I can't get it to work on final D or Battlefield.

SudoChop

Smash Rookie
quick tip: (down + b), up, c-stick down

If you aren't already doing this it's MUCH faster if your lacking in speed. Use up on the joystick to jump out of shine instead of Y or X. This lets your thumb be ready for the C stick dair (or bair).

`DNS`

Smash Lord
It won't work for you as much as you see it working for Shiz / Zhu / whoever else playing ntsc because in ntsc it's all a spike, as opposed to pal(which is seems like you're playing)

Top Bottom