• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

Smash Rookie
When I first learned to wavedash, my hand movements could be defined as sloppy to say the least. Unfortunately those flaws have now followed me into my more advanced stages of play.

When practicing around with Falco, I usually go for some combos out of a shine by wavedashing forward out of it, no problems with that, I sort of developed a habit of always going forward. My friends now have learned that I always go forward, in result, they DI backwards. To counter that, I tried to wavedash backwards out of the shine, but I end up just turning around while still in the reflector's animation. I found this to be odd as I'm able to wavedash backwards without a shine without a problem. I figured that this was a result of my sloppy origins of wavedashing. So what I'm wondering is how can I break this? I've spent a few weeks trying to break this habit, but it seems to be a bit more tenacious than I'd hoped. So anyone care to share some wisdom?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
run in the opposite direction after you wavedash? Sounds pretty simple to me. You should have enough time after the wavedash to run/jump to where your opponent is.

But seriously, just work on wavedashing and waveshining in both directions. back and forth a few times. It just takes practice. For me, I can ... go both ways (for lack of a better expression), but I feels more natural for me to waveshine to the left. Like I said, it just takes practice.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I had this problem/ still sort of have it. From what I've noticed the trick is to make sure the stick is in a neutral or down position when you jump. What makes wavedashing forwards out of a shine easier is that you can move the stick from down to sideways as or before you jump, but if you do that while going backwards you'll just end up standing in the shine.

Basically just wait to tilt the control stick for the wavedash until after you jump.

Also, I don't think Dark Hart understood the problem, judging by his post...

Jims

Smash Rookie
After turning, just wavedash in THAT direction. Problem solved.
Well that is a possibility, but by the time after you turn and start to jump, the shine animation ends.

Ocho(*8*): that sounds like a good plan, I'll try it out

Pi

Smash Hero
Any tech problem in melee can be rectified by simply thinking about what you are doing wrong
Why the mistake is happening
slowing it down until you get it
then speeding it back up

I see a lot of people when learning something new, they try to be as fast as they can with it, without actually knowing how to do it (like, order of buttons, timing).

I figure since you can wavedash
Just shine
then wavedash backwards
I'm sure you can do this
I think your problem is you're juss trying to do it too fast when your fingers aren't use to it
Once they get use to it you can speed it up

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the problem is that you're sliding from down to backwards.
when you should be hitting downb, reseting your control stick to neutral while you jump, and then wd backwards.

Victawr

Smash Cadet
Well that is a possibility, but by the time after you turn and start to jump, the shine animation ends.

Ocho(*8*): that sounds like a good plan, I'll try it out

I said problem solved, I didn't want to hear your opinion on mine god****it.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
.... uhh.... he has trouble wave-shining in a certain direction. It's fairly common with newer players.
THe directions you're thinking of are left/ right and thats not the problem. He has trouble going in the opposite direction as he is facing.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Since this is character specific next time just use the character specific boards (in particular the general questions thread). Searching those would of also helped you out.

This has been answered so many times for Fox/Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom