• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine back air

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
I am having a good bit of difficulty doing shine bair for comboing/edguarding. I'm wondering how everyone else does it because when i try to shine turn aroud bair for an edgeguard or combo I cant seem to do it fast enough because of pressing jump then getting to the c stick in time. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I am having a good bit of difficulty doing shine bair for comboing/edguarding. I'm wondering how everyone else does it because when i try to shine turn aroud bair for an edgeguard or combo I cant seem to do it fast enough because of pressing jump then getting to the c stick in time. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
You could use A.

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
True but then that makes it harder to drift back towards stage seeing as how as I'm doing the Bair I'll be drifting outwards

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
you could try jumping with the control stick for this particular maneuver.

down+b -> quarter-circle from Up to the direction you want to drift in. that way your right thumb is free to c-stick immediately.

and for shine turnaround bair, you can down+B -> 3/4-circle (so you'll go from Down for the shine, to Back for the turnaround, to Up for the jump, to Forward for the air control) and c-stick the bair.

Sleepy Driz

Smash Cadet
I move the control stick from down to diagonal back, it gives you ample time to hit the c-stick just as you jump out of the shine.

Toxic0118

Smash Rookie
NNID
Touchme0118
I do a brief switch too claw grib and then go back too standard grip after the bair

Last edited:
Top Bottom