• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shielding

[;)]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keysus
For some odd reason my shoulder button inputs are always hard shields. I have the version of pm directly from the website. I'm sure this isn't how its supposed to be . How would I fix it?
Also airdodges and techs don't need to be clicked on the l and r buttons either

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
Like Narpas said, there's no light shielding in either PM full set or Wi-Fi; there's only hard shielding. Light press for air dodging and tech are only available on the Wi-Fi version. Use the Wi-Fi version if you plan on only doing netplay, otherwise stick to the full set.

Watch this to know the difference.

Last edited:

[;)]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keysus
Like Narpas said, there's not light shielding in either PM full set or Wi-Fi; there's only hard shielding. Light press for air dodging and tech are only available on the Wi-Fi version. Use the Wi-Fi version if you plan on only doing netplay, otherwise stick to the full set.

Watch this to know the difference.
Thank you everyone. I recently played at a friends house who had the offline version and I noticed that the airdodge only worked with fully pressing the button so that's what sparked the question is there more than just hard shielding

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
Thank you everyone. I recently played at a friends house who had the offline version and I noticed that the airdodge only worked with fully pressing the button so that's what sparked the question is there more than just hard shielding
If you like the way the shoulder buttons are set up for the Wi-Fi version, you could remove the springs in your GameCube controller.

[;)]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keysus
If you like the way the shoulder buttons are set up for the Wi-Fi version, you could remove the springs in your GameCube controller.
I would still have to click the buttons wouldn't I? And I feel like the controller wouldn't feel the same on the Index fingers

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
I would still have to click the buttons wouldn't I? And I feel like the controller wouldn't feel the same on the Index fingers
The thing with the Wi-Fi version is that you don't have to press the shoulder button all the way down for that clicking sound to air dodge. If you're using the full set version and want to do the same thing, removing the springs from the shoulder buttons will accomplish that. The only difference is that you'd still have to press it down farther. I heard from many people that it's easier on the fingers.

You should just try it out. You can always put the springs back if the feeling makes you feel awkward. It's really easy to open and remove the springs.

[;)]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keysus
The thing with the Wi-Fi version is that you don't have to press the shoulder button all the way down for that clicking sound to air dodge. If you're using the full set version and want to do the same thing, removing the springs from the shoulder buttons will accomplish that. The only difference is that you'd still have to press it down farther. I heard from many people that it's easier on the fingers.

You should just try it out. You can always put the springs back if the feeling makes you feel awkward. It's really easy to open and remove the springs.
I wish there was a way to make it so the button would always input the click but maybe I'll try that method

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
I actually wouldn't mind using the light press to air dodge. I just don't know how to mod the controller to do so. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in this forums and YouTube, but I can't find it.

[;)]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keysus
I'll look my self and see what I can find. Thank you for your help tho buddy

Top Bottom