• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield problem!

FTL Guy

Smash Rookie
I’ve noticed in this game that many times the shield just straight up won’t work. I’ll be holding the shield button and the attack will still hit and send me flying. I would like to see if anybody else is experiencing it so I can determine it it’s a game issue or maybe I just need to get a new controller. But, this is frustrating.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Do you see the animation for the shield? Some attacks will go through shield or are meant to break shields as well.

FTL Guy

Smash Rookie
I was just seeing that I can still get hit when holding shield if the part hit isn’t covered by the shield. Makes sense, I was just assuming the shield’s size only represented the time/integrity left. I guess I’ll be conscious about moving the shield.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Yes that is a feature that exists in smash. Its good to know because you can also use that to your advantage.

Top Bottom