• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek's Up-B off the edge (Silent Up-B)

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
So, not sure if this deserves a new thread, but I wanted to point this out, so that people could pick this up, since I think its quite useful... And there wasn't any place to post this really.

So, I am aware, this was present since shiek is, I guess (it was possible in melee and brawl iirc). However, it seems to have become really useful here in sm4sh.
What I'm talking about is what the title says. If you run off the edge (can be a platform as well) and input an Up B right at the moment your leaving, you'll get quite some momentum towards the direction you were running (usually, if you do the UpB in the Air, you gain momentum that goes upwards). After inputing this, you can tilt the stick to the opposite direction and get to the edge safly.
First off all, this is really strange. As mentioned, you dont get upwards momentum although youre in the air, but all that momentum plus some extra momentum moves you in the direction you were running.
Second, there is no initional sound of the move, just the explosion after the first bit of the animation sounds. Thats why I call it Silent Up B

So now, what does this? I feel like this is a really flashy edgeguard, people never expect you to do that, its pretty safe, and with the new killing power of the UpB youre actually able to kill your oponent with it. And it can be done off of platforms, so more options for Shiek on Battlefield.

It should be mentioned, the distance you travel doing this can be altered, at least shortened. I havent completely figured to what extend, but it seems like if you do this at the perfect frame, its extremly short, causing you to explode right at/over the edge... whats also kinda cool.

So here you have it. hope this helps anyone.
Please bear with me with my grammer/spelling, english is not my main language.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You are correct in thinking this been around since melee.

The distance you travel is decided on how much momentum you have when you run to the edge of the stage. So the best way to shorten the distance is to purposely not run the whole way and let sheik go into a (sometimes unnoticeable) slide which will drastically cut the distance you will travel in the air. If you shorten it as much as you can it will look like Sheik up B start up pushes her off the stage when she normally would of stay onstage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom