• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shff's?

iharfor

Smash Journeyman
Will Shff's be important in brawl as Shffl's were in melee? Sure you don't have the l cancel anymore, but surely FF after a SH aerial will be important. It begins the aerial ground lag much sooner so in the end its less down time.

Discuss

pirkid

Smash Lord
No. IIRC.

The amount of distance hopped against the start-up lag for most mvoes results in a fail and free hit for your enemy.

Some moves can be SH'd, though. Don't ask me which, I can't remember but I've seen it.

iharfor

Smash Journeyman
No. IIRC.

The amount of distance hopped against the start-up lag for most mvoes results in a fail and free hit for your enemy.

Some moves can be SH'd, though. Don't ask me which, I can't remember but I've seen it.
Can you re-explain your that? Not following your second paragraph.

iharfor

Smash Journeyman
Characters' short-hop is, too short. They can't finish or sometimes even fully start-up their aerials.
Oh no!! You know, I know I don't own this game yet nor have played it. But I'm not sure about this game. I have heard little to give me hope and seen even less.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
ihar, this isn't Melee 2.0. The system is new and you'll need a new way to play. Just cause you can't SHFF(L) or Wavedash anymore doesn't make it crappy.

You people need to stop complaining about Advanced Techs being out ><

pirkid

Smash Lord
ihar, this isn't Melee 2.0. The system is new and you'll need a new way to play. Just cause you can't SHFF(L) or Wavedash anymore doesn't make it crappy.

You people need to stop complaining about Advanced Techs being out ><
Don't be too harsh. Everyone was once there, even for a moment.

And ihar, don't fret. Brawl wi l be a good game, give it a chance. You'l lfind another tech to hug at night. :bee:

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
Melee 2.0

Ok to seriousness, Ive overheard this and never played the game so guess what? Dont know if its true, but Ima say it anyway cause I think its reasonably possible.

With the way the floating system is a lot of the spikes, battles, so on so forth may take place off of the platform (if such exists in that level, for example FD for this statement) where SHFFL's will be sadly useless even if implanted. We're just gonna have to suck it up and pray we don't keep using old techs from muscle memory

Mama

Smash Ace
Hm I know short hopping aerials is still in. Not sure what Pirkid is talking about though. There are a lot of SH'd aerials done effectively in combos but its just that full jumping is probably more effective with Brawl's improved air play.

Comboing will take more thought then it did in Melee since you have to plan out your combos, know where you're going etc. If you haven't read anything to get your hopes up read this thread

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142507

Its the threads like this (no offense) that give scrubs hope lol. They see people worried and aren't worried themselves and they think "That guy there still wants Melee 2.0 but I don't so I'll be better since he wont know how to play" when thats not the case. I wont start that debate here though. Just check out that thread It'll put a smile on your face trust me.

Top Bottom