• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell shocked V 11/7/09 results

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah I play Falcon. Thanks Plank, I would still like a rematch mm at some point, and maybe one day I'll be good enough to give your Sheik a run for your money lol. Good stuff getting third, as gay as Sheik is I know it's hard to place high with her these days. And it seems no one in MD/VA can beat Chu atm lol looks like we both have something to work towards.

Sheiks would get **** on by the double upsmash combo.
And here I thought I was the only Falcon who loved to upsmash.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I've stepped my game up a ****load, suckah, and so has Tope.

Sheik mains vs FALCON MAINS? LOL jk, we know what'd happen there.
hmm.. Grab. Jab. Repeat <3

Yeah, thumbs is getting mad good. I haven't been able to play anyone lately :/. Too much crap going on and honestly, too many different games :/.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah I play Falcon. Thanks Plank, I would still like a rematch mm at some point, and maybe one day I'll be good enough to give your Sheik a run for your money lol. Good stuff getting third, as gay as Sheik is I know it's hard to place high with her these days. And it seems no one in MD/VA can beat Chu atm lol looks like we both have something to work towards.

And here I thought I was the only Falcon who loved to upsmash.
I'll do the rematch maybe at the next tourney we are both at, but i'm gonna have to hone my spacies some cuz I was mad scared, especially with fox at least. I think Chinesah or Chillin have the best chance to beat chu, but if you keep practicing the matchup you can get there soon too, falcon's got a good shot.

Eggm

Smash Hero
lol I remember thumbs back at c3 meat riding me mad hard every combo and every friendly he was my first fanboy and now he ***** me with one combo in teams when it came down to us 1 vs 1. I'm proud of him too

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'll second the props to Thumbs, he is somewhere between 4 and 60 times better than he was the last time I played him.
haha you got a lot better too buddy. You did some crazy Zhu **** to me in that mm

I'll do the rematch maybe at the next tourney we are both at, but i'm gonna have to hone my spacies some cuz I was mad scared, especially with fox at least. I think Chinesah or Chillin have the best chance to beat chu, but if you keep practicing the matchup you can get there soon too, falcon's got a good shot.
Actually, didn't G-reg beat him a few months back?!

Yeah, it's my favorite move. Good **** that combo was so sexy

lol I remember thumbs back at c3 meat riding me mad hard every combo and every friendly he was my first fanboy and now he ***** me with one combo in teams when it came down to us 1 vs 1. I'm proud of him too
LMFAO I couldn't L-cancel back then and when I played you I thought you were the best Falco in the world LOL I'm sure everyone was at that point when they started. And initially I thought it was Swift that I combo'd 1v1 at the end haha I was too into the moment to remember which Fox was which. But you still won the tourny and beasted MD/VA in singles so good ****

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah I think G-reg did, although they were both pretty rusty at the time lol

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i actually got really close to beating chu at herb2 too, but ive had years of chu practice. falcon also has a good matchup vs ICs.

either learn a specialized Fox, or make your falcon ridiculous to beat chu.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
@vanz, i **** all of chus other chars besides IC with sheik, so maybe he will beat ****ty sheiks with pikachu but not me. i outplayed chu 10x in our set and still lost, though, and if you watch the matches it's painfully obvious. sheiks options are too limited in the matchup, im gonna have to just use FALCON.
Edited...

I invented falcon's upsmash. :p

Although, it only works to it's full potential as an edgeguard cause you can't sweet spot it. Ask Hax$ he knows. It's too pro :D

haha you got a lot better too buddy. You did some crazy Zhu **** to me in that mm
Yo, are you going to RoM2?

If so you should MM my Marth. I won't do anything gay like Shinespike u like teams. :)

Or wait... maybe it'll be gayer. Want to find out? :bee:

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
kouryoo, what did hax say about losing to me? ^^
lol I'd rather not say. Didn't think he gets so angry when he loses. Maybe it's just against Sheik.. ? I don't know but Hax is amazing haha <3

JFox

Smash Hero
-This is DJ Nintendo.

Jman played like sh*t from the moment he started singles right after he ate food with me and Chops. I assume the food took a toll on him. The same thing with me and Chops. I'm never eating again before singles. Jman was playing like a total noob his entire singles performance. I watched his matches.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: This is the best john of ALL time. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You'd think after a while people would come to learn that DJ Nintendo will literally say anything it takes to make up excuses for his own lousy performance/the lousy performance of his friends.

What kind of a john is "we ate before singles." You guys act like you were running the marathon out there. This game is literally look at a screen and press buttons on a controller. How you gonna say that EATING was to blame. Were your fingers exhausted after stuffing food at your face? LMAO

If you guys had waited til after singles to eat, DJ would have said "its cuz we were hungry, so we played bad." I'm sorry, but stfu and play the game. Lose with some dignity.

I'm pretty sure 90% of people ate food between doubles and singles. NO JOHNS

pockyD

Smash Legend
food can definitely affect the way your mind works, but also after years of going to tournaments that encompass meal times, you should be aware of how much it would potentially affect you personally

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
We had Chipotle between singles and doubles.

It was delicious.

I feel like I got bracket ***** in singles, but I also under estimated Chops.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, I was in a rush and glanced over brackets, I asked Plank and DoH to look over it, but they both overlooked your match or something, I realized where you were after a bunch of people had already played their matches, or I would have changed.

In the future, if someone thinks there is something wrong about their match(ie two good people playing each other first round or two crewmates playing each other right off the bat) don't hesitate to let me know, and if I can do something about it I will.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: This is the best john of ALL time. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You'd think after a while people would come to learn that DJ Nintendo will literally say anything it takes to make up excuses for his own lousy performance/the lousy performance of his friends.

What kind of a john is "we ate before singles." You guys act like you were running the marathon out there. This game is literally look at a screen and press buttons on a controller. How you gonna say that EATING was to blame. Were your fingers exhausted after stuffing food at your face? LMAO

If you guys had waited til after singles to eat, DJ would have said "its cuz we were hungry, so we played bad." I'm sorry, but stfu and play the game. Lose with some dignity.

I'm pretty sure 90% of people ate food between doubles and singles. NO JOHNS
Nice Post. It sounded like something I would say lol.

You'd think good players would not john at this point but I guess not. Not to mention, johning for Jman like that really takes away from Hax's victory. Not legit.

food can definitely affect the way your mind works, but also after years of going to tournaments that encompass meal times, you should be aware of how much it would potentially affect you personally
I agree with Pocky COMPLETELY.
Eating can affect a players performance but only to a certain degree and only for so long.

And being a smasher as long as you have been, you should be aware of something as trivial as this.

Ahhh **** posts are ****.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
We had Chipotle between singles and doubles.

It was delicious.

I feel like I got bracket ***** in singles, but I also under estimated Chops.
You overestimated Chipotle and underestimated Qdoba.

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
My first post in SWF is going to be about how Qdoba is the top 10 worst fast food places.
the food there is just horrible dude. chiptole >>>>>>>>>> qdoba in everything. the beans, rice, tortilla, etc.
Oh and by the way the vids of this tourny rocked. I had a lot of fun watching them. i'll go to the next one whenever it is :)

pockyD

Smash Legend
chipotle is better but qdoba is certainly "good enough"

how many well-known fast food places exist such that "top 10 worst" is a relevant classification anyway?

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
chipotle is better but qdoba is certainly "good enough"

how many well-known fast food places exist such that "top 10 worst" is a relevant classification anyway?
Haha true i can only think of 10 right now. but there can't be anything worse than qdoba in quality. it has to be the worst of the fast food places.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
hmm well known fast food?

mcdonalds, burger king, wendy's, qdoba, taco bell, white castle, kfc, popeyes, jack-in-the-box, subway, quizno's

clearly there can only be one.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah, I was in a rush and glanced over brackets, I asked Plank and DoH to look over it, but they both overlooked your match or something, I realized where you were after a bunch of people had already played their matches, or I would have changed.

In the future, if someone thinks there is something wrong about their match(ie two good people playing each other first round or two crewmates playing each other right off the bat) don't hesitate to let me know, and if I can do something about it I will.
In a normal situation I may have brought it up, but I really wanted to play Chops. My Falco game has improved recently and I wanted to see how I would do against him. It would be a jerk move to complain after the match.

The only reason I got bracket ***** was because Thumbs went beast mode on Swift. And it just so happened that I was Swift's first fight in Losers.

I went to school near Qdoba's and thoroughly enjoyed their food. However, aside from the Nachos, Chipotle is MUCH better. According to Swift there food is organic too which makes it HEALTHIER TOO!

Top Bottom