• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheild Break Daze Cancel

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
If ROB or Pikachu break their shield while teetering over an edge, they'll just skid right off when they land. Pika will get a real short daze animation, but ROB flies off as soon as he touches the ground.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
not sure if a glitch, but i had a similar thing happen on kirbys dream land. my shield broke, and then the wind blew and knocked me off the ledge, instantly cancelling the stun animation.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
I'll bet the original developers just didn't bother coding the transition from daze to falling because such a scenario really isn't likely to happen. I'm pretty sure taunts can cancel in the same way (if you aren't facing the edge). I don't think that's a glitch, I think that's just how they designed it.

Now, the Pika/ROB shield break thing isn't too likely to happen either, but it's certainly not how it's supposed to be.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
You can also get this to happen with any character by breaking your shield at the edge of any slope, such as on the platform and stage of yoshi's story brawl. Its from vbrawl.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
Ah, you're right, it is straight from vbrawl. Perhaps this is something that the PM wizards could fix in a future update, though it's not really a big issue.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
Can I abuse this in any shape or form?

Uh, maybe if your shield is low against bowser/ddd, you could get onto a platform and intentionally break your shield. You recover as they're still charging an fsmash, and then you punish their endlag.

....in other words, no.

Top Bottom