• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's New Final Smash?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So, Zelda and Sheik are now separated into two separate characters.
Like Samus and Zero-Suit Samus, that means they have two separate Final Smashes.

Assuming Zelda keeps her Light Arrows (which makes complete sense), what will Sheik's new Final Smash be?

There doesn't seem to be anything obvious, but I do have a few ideas:
- Something involving the Sages
- Something using her harp or the Ocarina of Time, maybe to play a song

Other than that I have no idea :p

So what are everybody else's thoughts?
What do you honk Sheik's new Final Smash could be?

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I think it really should be something that throws back to actual zelda games, or Sheikah lore.

Sheikah are really everywhere in the Zelda universe.
Obviously the most persistent reference is going to be the gossip stones, But also other artifacts as well, including the mask, and lens of truth.
They are also tied to many locations in the games, The most notable being the Well in OOT, where it is speculated that the majority of the sheikah race were captured, tortured, and killed during the Hyrule Civil war. There is also the Shadow Temple. "Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred…"

Anyway, point being, There is a lot of material from which to work from. And a Final Smash is the perfect opportunity to tie into the actual series, instead... Something made up, as basically everything else in her moveset is.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Something stylized and ninja-like akin to Greninja's (possible) Final Smash would be pretty cool too. Maybe something where Sheik teleports her opponents through the various temples of OoT (considering she teaches Link's those songs).

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
She should summon Gossip Stones from the sky and have them rocket towards opponents. That's what she'll do with all those Gossip Stones Link bombed...haha.

Other than that I can't think of anything especially creative or cool...she could do something where she traps opponents and repeatedly hits them (i.e. Triforce Slash, Great Aether, Ultra Sword, etc.). For example, she could whip out her chain to seize her opponents then slash them with her knife repeatedly. But enough characters already do that style of Final Smash in my opinion.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She'll flash her giant **** out and flaunt everyone with it.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm guessing it's going to be a scene trap (like Link's) where she'll take out her knife and dash through someone instantly, and as she puts her knife back, it'll blow the enemy away. Very Ninja like.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm guessing it's going to be a scene trap (like Link's) where she'll take out her knife and dash through someone instantly, and as she puts her knife back, it'll blow the enemy away. Very Ninja like.
That could work, maybe throw in a Sheikah symbol somewhere.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Don't get your hopes up. I'm betting Sakurai won't change it.

That being said, he might try to make more differences between Shiek and Zelda's Light Arrows. Maybe Shiek fires her arrows at an angle and as it bounce off of surfaces, for example.

andimidna

Smash Master
Sheik using the Light Arrows in Brawl kind of bugged me because it didn't fit her.

But at this point, I'd be ok if Sheik kept hers, and Zelda's final smash changed to Puppet Zelda.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think I'll agree with the Ninja Knife Slash-through. Maybe have it be cinamatic as the captured foe(s) stand still as Sheik slowly places the knife in the scabbard, the camera at a front view of Sheik like in the epic Ninja movies, then at a few inches left of blade she sheathes it quickly and the Sheikah Symbol (the Eye) appears as the view returns to normal and the characters caught are seen flying away.

As long as it's not the exact same as Zelda's anymore.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Quick and painful. Reminds me of Marth's but with more style and fits thematically. I like it.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
When all I read was the thread title, I thought Sheik could use the harp, to represent OoT. But I agree with chainmaillekid and would like to see something Sheikah related. Thanks for the topic, Mega Bidoof. I enjoy the use of "Bouncing Fish" as an attack name since it is a random yet precise reference, so another random reference would be nice. Perhaps Sheik could use something involving the Great Fairies, where a bunch of fairies reveal they do not always heal?

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I have never played a game with Sheik in it, so I don't know what her new final smash should be. I just hope she gets one different then Zelda, it is still possible they will both get light arrows. Remember Toon Link and Link had the same exact final smash.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I have never played a game with Sheik in it, so I don't know what her new final smash should be. I just hope she gets one different then Zelda, it is still possible they will both get light arrows. Remember Toon Link and Link had the same exact final smash.
Had being the key word. Sheik and Zelda aren't the same anymore. I'd hope for a change.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Sheik deserves her unique final smash. She isn't tied to Zelda anymore (that didn't make any sense in Brawl tbh). I'd like her final smash to be related to Ocarina of Time or the Sheikah people in some way. While the idea of she having a ninja-like final smash sounds cool, it also sounds generic as ****. The character has potential for something better.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
She plays the Nocturne of Shadow and Bongo Bongo comes out and attacks the screen during the duration of the playing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
See, I would say that she could do something similar to Strider's Ragnarok. But then I remembered that Greninja already did that.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I think they should make her final smash the ghost zelda head from the intro of melee- Sheik could control it maybe. Plus it would be a neat nod to Shiek's true identity and it would be a pretty unique final smash. Obviously i'm expecting a lot of people to hate this idea so ill shut up now :X
zldspace.png

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Still advocating the Gossip Stone Barrage. Call forth all the Gossip Stones Link has bombed over the years and send 'em rocketing towards everyone.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
While it seems a little out there, I like the Nocturne of Shadow/Bongo Bongo idea. Perhaps she could play any one of the Minuet of Forest, Bolero of Fire, Serenade of Water, Nocturne of Shadow, or Requiem of Spirit and summon whichever corresponding boss for a short time?

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Urg, so excited for E3. What would be amazing is if Sheik final smash was every second or so Sheik would automatically vanish like if she used her up B, become invisible and reappear with no lag and free to use any move that could cause crazy stun or knock back for say 30 seconds or for as long as any other long lasting final smash.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Maybe Skeik summons Bongo Bongo? That would be nice.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Honestly, that's the first disappointing thing about the game for me. I'll get over it, but still... they're different characters, they should have different FS's.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I suppose it could still be changed, but that probably isn't too likely.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Very disappointing that ZSS received a different FS to differentiate herself from her armored counterpart, but Sheik gets the same boring one as Zelda.

There's still the possibility of it being changed but otherwise that's just lazy design choice IMO.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Very disappointing that ZSS received a different FS to differentiate herself from her armored counterpart, but Sheik gets the same boring one as Zelda.

There's still the possibility of it being changed but otherwise that's just lazy design choice IMO.
It's most likely a placeholder. I doubt that's the final one.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Personally I'm sticking to my opinion: I hope Sheik's final Smash becomes something different, and I think the best option on here is my own. And before anyone says it, because I know someone will, it has nothing to do with personal bias or being self-centered.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm under the impression that many of the returning Final Smashes we saw in the Demo were simply ported over from Brawl so certain characters with unfinished Final Smashes could have something. Giga Bowser, for example, retained Bowser's Side Smash from Brawl (the headbutt) rather than getting Bowser's new Side Smash (the drop kick). This suggests that some (at the very least Bowser's) Final Smashes are incomplete. So there's hope, slim though it may be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom