• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's best kill moves?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Her Smashes seem to be really weak. Even at high percent, an FSmash can knock a Kirby or Pikachu back at 130% and whiff the second hit, allowing them to counter. Plus a smaller character can evade or crouch a Bouncing Fish, even if on recovery. Lighter characters also avoid the DThrow into Uair kill or DThrow into Fair.

So with her weak Smashes, what are Sheik's best killing options?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Ledge guarding is how I get most of my kills. USmash tipper kills very early. Don't FSmash or DSmash.
Mix up bouncing fish. If they are crouching under it you are doing it wrong. Try f-tilt> Uair.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Ledge guarding is the best way to get kills with Sheik especially with bouncing fish, vanish, and bair other then that learning how not to be greedy is key. If your looking for just raw percents though then....

Here you go

Training mode Mario, so very little DI/VI but still a good base to where to start. % Were noted when the 'kill effect' happened
Usmash kills mario at 102% off the top on battle field from side platforms
Fsmash kill mario at 108% if you land just the 2nd kick on the far corner of FD
Bouncing fish kills mario at 111% on the far corner of FD
Vanish kills mario at 112% on the far corner of FD. ..Roughly... (it sends people more upwards then anything)
Strong Bair foot kill mario at 121% on the far corner of FD
Usmash side hit kill mario at 130% on the far corner of FD
Dsmash kill mario at 130% on the far corner of FD
Side B kill mario at 136% on the far corner of FD ...Once again roughly due to the windbox
Fair kills mario at 151% (if sweet spot) on the far corner of FD
Uair Kill mario at 158% off the top of battle field (tested at the same height as usmash)
Nair kills mairo at 177% on the far corner of FD (sweet spot, I wont test non sweet spot)
Dash attack kill mario at 222% on the far corner of FD

Sheik is technically better then what she was in Brawl but she still struggles to kill, if you are having trouble landing the final blow start mixing vanishes into your play as a mock counter. It's also worth keeping in mind due to rage Sheik fsmash becomes her strongest finisher and that dsmash also becomes stronger then side hit usmash. Still don't rush for the kill, keep throwing needles and wait for them to mess up so you can land a fair, knock them off stage and stop them from recovery or make they hurt so bad they would rather die.

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
My personal strategy in this particular smash version has involved a lot more racking up of damages. I feel like we used to be able to start thinking about the KO right around the 100-120% range for most characters. In this game I typically don't even think about going for the KO until the 140-150% range because at that point you have so many more options. Personally I use the air attacks mostly to kill, Fair is just so easy to nail that it kills often enough for me. I'm pretty sure that's my number one kill move with Bair being a close second and Uair being 3rd. Usmash is a close tie for 3rd as you can dash to Usmash so easily in this game.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Wasn't there already a similar topic to this?

Top Bottom