• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Video & Video Critique Thread

Judo777

Smash Master
But you did, I just know how to fight Sheik so it seemed like I beat you bad but it's only because of experience.

Both matches were close!
Not to mention if there is one thing i have learned its that, with zeldas piss poor recovery, the match can change in an instant if you dislodge her and get her offstage. Matches against zelda are always closer than they look because with one decent knock offstage and appropriate edge guarding methods you can easily keep zelda offstage til she dies.

This is kind of like MK against most of the cast. You can be winning by alot but if MK gets you offstage even if ur high in the air you can take an insane amount of damage and lose a stock getting back so every game with MK is close (thats not like a 2 stock).

You never know renki with one more good read you might have completely taken his stock with proper execution.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Cross, in regards to making a video thread, knock your little heart out. Mars does have a point though, there is little high-level sheik play to even put up. To all who have been here through the long haul, I salute you. I've ran my course with brawl and realized it is a heavily flawed game. If you play SSF4 though, look me up on SRK, I'm East there too. I'll also be back if they decide to make another SSB games [considering every other company is currently flooding the market with them]. Other than that, I've fallen to just lurking, looking at new tier lists, stage lists, your current drama in regards to paying people off in tournaments [allegedly], and reading the smash writers section.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Thanks for the approval East. Well, I'm thinking that it won't solely be a video thread but the critique part may be integrated into the OP also. Regardless, I want your OP to stay as the second post once Ankoku makes my next post the OP, so can you change your OP into a hidden text box? That would be very appreciated.

To everybody else, I'm kind of busy with my life right now, but I'll work on this thing bit by bit. Btw, <3 needs to get those matches from that tourney up, I literally can't bear to wait any longer. And I've found a decent number of videos that I could fill up the OP with that aren't in the OP now.

Also there is a bit of drama right now, but things will settle down soon, hopefully...

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I don't understand what you are saying Mars. If you are wondering... I do have control over the OP now, what would you guys prefer? Vids separated by players or by MU's? I will also add the date next to every vid, so people know how recent they are. Any other suggestions I can make note of right now?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Ah in regards to M2K ADHD incident, what actually happened was M2K was not confident he would win against Rich Brown and even moreso ADHD. So before their match (ADHD and M2K) M2K asked/suggested to split. ADHD disagreed to this idea, although he did say to discuss it later but play the set out. Their set was legit, and after ADHD said he would give M2K some money. MLG mistook what happened especially becuase of the rumors that occurred after this, so they both got banned, and still no word as to if it's final. I may be off here or there but I have to run to class so idc too much right now

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
vs Peach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oGEJrB3QQ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlcYJw6PqBc&feature=related

I'm going to a tourney on Saturday so hopefully I can get a bunch of matches up. Juu... or w/e his name is will be going and I'll make sure to get some of him too.
Whatever his name is? That hurts. :( Yeah, I'll be there though.

Also... if you do run into KB, Sheik vs his Peach... not fun. Not fun at all.
(namesearch King Beef)? I'm not really able to give tips on how to vs Peach as Sheik either... she's one of the MU's I just do Mario for.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Here's where the story breaks down. If you won the set legit, why are you giving the other player some of the money you earned? If he'd have won, he wouldn't give you the time of day [well maybe]
Top players split money all the time. They both go into the match not certain of the outcome, but they still want in on the prize money.

M2K has split with ADHD many times in the past and has paid up when he has beaten ADHD.

If what i'm understanding is correct....ADHD promised him 300 dollars and he hasn't even given him anything yet.....so I honestly see nothing wrong with this situation.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Whatever his name is? That hurts. :( Yeah, I'll be there though.

Also... if you do run into KB, Sheik vs his Peach... not fun. Not fun at all.
(namesearch King Beef)? I'm not really able to give tips on how to vs Peach as Sheik either... she's one of the MU's I just do Mario for.
Sorry dude, your name escaped me and I didn't want to go track it down at that moment.

I know how unfun Peach can be. I just have two vids that only show good tactics and combo's for Sheik.
None the less, he has 3 stocked me. Peach has killer ledge guards and can chase Sheik off stage. It is horrible when she uses that stupid Dair off stage when you are trying to recover.
Also.... Fair... yeah. That can get very annoying when spaced well over the pit. Luckily I have enough gimmicks that I can still recover. That and he is somewhat afraid of Vanish me thinks.
Her grabs are also very annoying and turnip gliding can sometimes be a pain.

All and all though, it is still not a bad match up at all. Uair trades with Dair and you can always punish air dodge leaving her with no protection from below. Bair and Fair on the sides. Her Fair will get ya sometimes but honestly, it isn't that hard to get her before it comes out.
I juggle her with throws. I think I linked like 7 grabs or something like that tonight. You see, she has no options when landing on the stage. If all else fails simply Nair OoS. Peach has a hard time punishing that w/o a turnip.
If she glide tosses catch it with Nair and she'll take a kick in the face. When Sheik gets a turnip a whole bunch of new options open up for her.

As for taking her over the ledge.... only fear her when she is below you. Other than that gimping Peach is a walk in the park as long as you aren't careless.

We need better vids :c

Also need Dazzle for the tournament.
Yeah I know it.

I'm bringing my CPU and my Dazzle. CLowsui and I have a MM. We are wagering a whole dollar.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
this weekend is gonna be ridiculous... I have all the matches saved on my hard drive ATM but I don't have time to dedicate a computer just to uploading them so its gonna take till I get a whole day off till I can sit down and let a computer focus on just that.

I will do it in the near future just keep on me about it.

saviorslegacy

Baaaah! Juu you weren't there! T-T

I didn't get out of pools. AZ and katakiri were in my pool. AZ lost to a snake main twice..... in fact every matche were 2-0. I beat the snake main, got ***** by a Kirby (katakiri) and done decent against AZ. I have some good footage that I'll upload later.

My all time favorite match was against Clowsui at PS1 in loser brackets. We both done some cool stuff. I wish we were recording cuz I got the sweetest combo ever. He could have got out of it, but it was a tourney match so no johns. It was....
Bair> f-tilt lock him onto the platform> weak Nair to push him off> f-tilt lock him onto the platform again> weak Nair to push him of> USmash tipper!

Man that was sweet! I won that set but he won the next two abd eliminated me. :(

All and all, I hade fun and a Pika main wanted to MM me..... like that was gonna happen. <,<

saviorslegacy

Lmao I have a hard time with Pika, so I go to my other ninja..... Lucario. lol
I don't like the chain grab match ups. The locks I can deal with because I can SDI out sometimes.... but CG's.... I hate em. The only ones that really get on my nerves though are Pika and IC's. Mainly because they both have 0-death on us. It is not fair.
Then again... we have an amazing f-tilt.
*rest of the cast* "It is not fair."

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just play. Unless it's an MM for some absurd amount of money, it's the closest you'll get to playing a serious match in a matchup you have problems with, without having to meet in tournament.

Judo777

Smash Master
I don't like the chain grab match ups. The locks I can deal with because I can SDI out sometimes.... but CG's.... I hate em. The only ones that really get on my nerves though are Pika and IC's. Mainly because they both have 0-death on us. It is not fair.
Then again... we have an amazing f-tilt.
*rest of the cast* "It is not fair."
just play zelda until 50% on pika.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You can't know how pissed off I was man. Car broke down like 20-30 from the place in Pickerington/Canal Winchester, OH. The pika was probably Coop and the Snake--- Moose or Renegade if he came. Also, hopefully I see you before you leave.

Welcome to Ohio's tourney scene, man. We and the Midwest in general play a diverse cast of characters.

saviorslegacy

It was so funny. The loser and grand finals were both MK vs MK. Wanna know how many people really cared about those matches? Yeah, there wasn't exactly a crowd.

AZ said that the next DU will probably be MK banned so that there will be a chance for different characters to do good.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Both Fizzle and Shugo secondary MK and they were playing against Kel... I'm not really surprised. That'll suck for Kel though.

Well, looks like my next tournament is Nope's Monthly (Springfield, OH - 45 min outside of Columbus) on Nov. 20. Judo, INKY's probably going so you should try to make it up.

If you are still here, Savior, I'll possibly see you then. I know some MI players are looking at it too.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, I'm pretty sure Kel's been advocating a ban on MK for a while, so he's probably eager to try some new characters.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I can't believe I DI'd inwards on that ftilt even though I was on the plat, lmao. Good job @ Saviors. I schooled you on BF though :3 Falco2good.
Don't take me to Brinstar next time either. Marth~

saviorslegacy

Also I hate doing Sheik dittos because of the longer Ftilt lock to Usmash :(
But it's great when I'm doing it though.lol
It's called the 2 or 3 f-tilt rule. You don't do anymore than 2 or 3 f-tilts in a row.
I can't believe I DI'd inwards on that ftilt even though I was on the plat, lmao. Good job @ Saviors. I schooled you on BF though :3 Falco2good.
Don't take me to Brinstar next time either. Marth~
lol, BF was fun to, it was pretty close in the end. When I had the opportunity to CP you banned Norfair and I went Brinstar just to f*ck with your Falco. To bad you went Marth. Good DI is the only thing that kept that match good for as long as it did. It kinda reminded me of racket ball... except I was the ball.

I should have taken AZ's Diddy to Norfair. I could have probably beat him there since nanners would be practically useless. lol
I need to work on those item combos that Sheik has.

Can't wait to see ya at another tourney dude. I enjoyed our friendlies. We should have recorded more... I had some good footage on a few... same with you.
I have a match of you vs a Peach main. After I finish uploading the finals I'll put those up.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That would be Clowsui vs King Beef. :3

As for the MK ditto situation: Shugo personally told me that he didn't go Falco against Kel (or much in general) because there was no LGL in place, and he knows how much Kel will not hesitate to plank the hell out of him, so he just went ahead and dittoed him. Fizzle told me he had a similar reason for doing the ditto. Frankly, I don't blame them.

clowsui

Smash Legend
me vs. King Beef

I did so bad game 2, lmao. I knew exactly what I was doing wrong, too. I'll get him next time...for some resaon I think it's a good idea to stop camping MK.

Top Bottom