• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Sheik Video Discussion Thread. 155 Videos!

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Added

I'm apologize but could you listen to a selfish request of mine? In the future could you title part of your youtube videos in the following format.

User name (Character) vs User name (Character)

It's a very small thing but I would really appreciate it.
That's just how I've started naming things. I showcase so many different players and this is more efficient when reading titles. I know the norm is to split everything up in the title but it looks messy and not user friendly for people new to the scene or smash in general. It's important that my channel doesn't do things just because that's how they're done, but more in line with my goals of bringing new players in and making things clean and simple.

We agree to disagree. No worries :) I've considered all options and until I change my mind, that's what I'm going with.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
That's just how I've started naming things. I showcase so many different players and this is more efficient when reading titles. I know the norm is to split everything up in the title but it looks messy and not user friendly for people new to the scene or smash in general. It's important that my channel doesn't do things just because that's how they're done, but more in line with my goals of bringing new players in and making things clean and simple.

We agree to disagree. No worries :) I've considered all options and until I change my mind, that's what I'm going with.
Fair enough, thank you for taking the time to write out the reason why. ^__^

~subscribes to youtube channel~

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Uploaded a very sleepy friendly I had with my friend. This match isnt really anything special but it does have a nice treat at the end. Then again since we were both tired after playing so many matches our reaction time got horrible. Even so some criticism is always welcome.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

posting this solely because of the kill at 0:45, but would like critique too lol

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well sweet, between the Japanese videos, Izaw's, and a few other link in this thread I manage to get 11 video added today.

^-^ That should be good till next wed-fr.

edit: I say that then I find like another 10 videos to add, lol.

Last edited:

Danimal197

Smash Apprentice
Absol, thanks for the info on the c-stick, that actually helped me out a lot.

These are some videos of me playing Shiek at the GFC 3 tournament in Houston. They are actually pretty embarrassing, as I was really off my game for some reason. This is also before I changed Z to jump, which completely changed my aerial game. So if anyone wants to watch them, I'm always open to critique, but don't feel obligated because these aren't really indicative of my current playstyle. They are a great example in some cases of what NOT to do, lol...

If you're only going to watch one, watch the one vs NK. I have never played against a wii fit trainer, and I got trashedddd.

Conda

Recent Tournament matches from the stage testing tournament incoming! A lot of Dabuz sheik. Here's one so far-

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Recent Tournament matches from the stage testing tournament incoming! A lot of Dabuz sheik. Here's one so far-

^__^ Beat you to the punch

Oh another note I can't get over Neo outstanding performance.

Like I think Mr. R Sheik is better for watching if you want to learn but Neo sheik is SOOO good in it's own right.

Meph

Sheiky
Couple of matches of me getting stomped by Dojo at a tournament in Abeline this past weekend. Sheik mirror, and Sheik v Lucario.

Last edited:

suarsuar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
suarsuar

December '14 singles at Versus in Pompano, FL.

suarsuar (Sheik) vs. Poltergust (Luigi, Yoshi)

Read me please.

Last edited:

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
A ranked match I had with a solid Bowser Jr. player on Anther's Ladder.
Would like critique :) How can I improve? (Other than the horrendous D.I first stock :/ )

Conda

Here's me versus PHUZIX's Sheik. Any tips for helping me face off against sheik? I have a lot of trouble against her, especially when played by Phuzix.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Here's me versus PHUZIX's Sheik. Any tips for helping me face off against sheik? I have a lot of trouble against her, especially when played by Phuzix.

Phuzix is really good, so for you to have a chance against him, your going to have to play near perfect. Try using fewer smashes especially early in stocks as those have alot of end lag and even if they hit, won't KO your opponent. I would say use more fair, nair, and fewer sideb and arrows as those like smashes, can be punished by a shiek. You did pretty good though. Keep it up :)

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio

A set versus the demonic children :4villager:

If you dont have time for all of them, game 3 is one of my favorites obv.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

A short FG match I had (less than 2 minutes)

But I feel that the second half of the match is one of my better sheik plays

I was like <3

Critiques are welcome, since I've just recently started practicing Sheik seriously (I used her on the 3ds, but only somewhat, since I mostly focused on Villager and Marth)

I DO realize I was a bit sloppy in the beginning tho u.u''

Last edited:

lRasha

Smash Apprentice

A set versus the demonic children :4villager:

If you dont have time for all of them, game 3 is one of my favorites obv.
Your edgeguarding was like "Oooooh trust me... I don't intend for you to live." Aggressive!

MetaBhreat

Smash Cadet
Absol 359 said:
You have to be a trickster with Sheik and make every kill or string creative because as soon as you start to look like a systematic sheik, you start to fall apart. A lot of sheiks have this problem. Dont become systematic, become fluent.
This is one of the best pieces of Sheik advice I've ever seen.

"Don't become systematic, become fluent"
That should be the 4th commandment of Sheik.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I'm just starting to learn Sheik. A critique would be appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU5bhTo57Yk
(I keep forgetting DACUS isn't in SSB4, lol)
You're very mobile, which is good, but your approaches could use some work. You seem to just throw out smashes, and the enemy just skirts around you. Empty short hops and spaced aerials are good options to consider for approaches.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Honestly I'm not sure any of these deserve to be in the OP, but I'd definitely like some critiques, especially as there's a big tournament coming up this weekend here in Oregon.

Here's the full playlist of matches (I'm Jaxas there as well), but the ones I want critiques on specifically are:

Jaxas (Sheik) VS Serynder (Jigglypuff) - How do I fight this Matchup? I've legitimately never fought a puff before last week when he moved into town, and he's apparently one of the best Brawl Jiggs mains at this point.
CutestLilLucario (Shulk) VS Jaxas (Sheik) - Definitely a MU that feels in Sheik's favor, but I feel like I got punished a lot more than I should have (purely matchup-wise)
Jaxas (Sheik) VS G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer (Diddy Kong) - Outside of the SDs, I feel I did pretty well, but I need to know both what I did right and what I could improve on. Unfortunately I'm pretty bad at picking these things out myself, so any and all help would be much appreciated.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Honestly I'm not sure any of these deserve to be in the OP, but I'd definitely like some critiques, especially as there's a big tournament coming up this weekend here in Oregon.

Here's the full playlist of matches (I'm Jaxas there as well), but the ones I want critiques on specifically are:

Jaxas (Sheik) VS Serynder (Jigglypuff) - How do I fight this Matchup? I've legitimately never fought a puff before last week when he moved into town, and he's apparently one of the best Brawl Jiggs mains at this point.
CutestLilLucario (Shulk) VS Jaxas (Sheik) - Definitely a MU that feels in Sheik's favor, but I feel like I got punished a lot more than I should have (purely matchup-wise)
Jaxas (Sheik) VS G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer (Diddy Kong) - Outside of the SDs, I feel I did pretty well, but I need to know both what I did right and what I could improve on. Unfortunately I'm pretty bad at picking these things out myself, so any and all help would be much appreciated.
I don't really have time to watch these, but I want to say a few things anyway.
Punish rest with side B- to BF, it's your strongest true combo, but only use if jiggs is not at killing %. Do not unfresh your vanish in such a situation x.x
Overall, Jigg air trades are real, and you gotta respect them. You usually rack up roughly the same %, and you can kill about the same time. I'd say you should try to keep it away. Bouncing fish does a great job in the MU, jiggs are full of openings for that. I'd say don't fight offstage except you feel super confident. You can gimp a jiggs, but its not worth it. they need to throw out one side B and outrange and over prio everything you have. I would not rely on any throw combos. I think overall its one of sheiks worst MU's, as it requires you to play completely different.

Shulk is one of my most feared MU's actually, as he can wall you pretty decent. Play safe n smart and they shouldn't be a problem. You seems to know the Mu, just never forget shulk can do a lot of dmg once he gets in/ gets an opening, and don't overcommit to attacks.

Overall, after browsing a little through those vids, i feel completly stupid. Either, i have been overlooking something for the last few months, or those guys are just super wierd. But i mean... rest at 12%? Shulk in only-use-me-jump mode? Whats wrong with those guys? x.x

Last edited:
Top Bottom