• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik True Blockstrings

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Question: is doing a f-air at the very last possible second and then jabbing a true blockstring? I've noticed that when doing a landing fair that gets shielded, it's possible to be shieldgrabbed even if you were seemingly close to the ground. Some frame data would be nice, or a video to a match for reference, but I just want to know for sure that f-air can't be shieldgrabbed if you jab right after.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There is landing recovery from landing during the animation of an aerial. Sheik's fair is relatively quick (10 frames) but that's still more than a natural landing duration of 4 frames. In this case, you're actually better off performing it from higher in the air to get an auto-cancel instead.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
There is landing recovery from landing during the animation of an aerial. Sheik's fair is relatively quick (10 frames) but that's still more than a natural landing duration of 4 frames. In this case, you're actually better off performing it from higher in the air to get an auto-cancel instead.
Damn I can't believe that didn't cross my mind actually.. Okay so in theory if you autocancelled a fair on their shield and fastfalled, you could jab and it would be a true blockstring correct? I've definitely done this randomly sometimes by short hop fairing their shield into an FF jab which stuffed their grab. But I'm not sure if it's guaranteed

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Diddnt the shiek frame datathread hint on something like if you hit with fair, land the frame after and you'll get less landlag?

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
I am fairly sure if you frame cancel the fair and land, followed by a jab, it should frame trap them... Right?

Othayuni

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0061-1205-7394
FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, FAIR HAS 4 FRAMES OF LANDING LAG. It autocancels super-easily and it's actually harder to get the full landing lag. So it's really not unreasonable to do a super tight framelock. Getting 4 frames of lag out of it requires that the attack be used by about 60% of the way through a shorthop, after which it will land with full lag.

Top Bottom