• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik top tier

Definitely predicting Sheik to be top tier.

Pretty much melee with more utility, better recovery options, and a forward b that isn't completely worthless. Also crawl Dtilt have fun getting out spaced into tilt combos all day. As far as other characters I think Rosalina, Fox, ZSS, Little Mac are all going to be good contenders.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I miss the Brawl days when Sheik wasn't good...

A lot of characters look really strong. Still too soon to make a real list, though. It's easier to list the characters that feel underwhelming right now.

Judo777

Smash Master
I believe Sheik will be good. But I don't think she is anything like melee. She doesn't appear to have very high priority. She doesn't have cgs on the whole cast. She isn't a freaking powerhouse (her aerials might be weaker than in brawl based on percents). And she doesn't have the best projectile in the game like in melee (bar falco lasers).

She actually feels a decent amount like Brawl Sheik. They just nerfed and buffed a few things, changed a few things. And gave her a great down b. Her biggest advantage at first glance appears to be that the game mechanics changed drastically in her favor.

oldkingcroz

Smash Apprentice
I miss the Brawl days when Sheik wasn't good...

A lot of characters look really strong. Still too soon to make a real list, though. It's easier to list the characters that feel underwhelming right now.
Still, the word "good" is already subjective enough. Until I came across the tier list for Brawl, about a year ago, I honestly thought Sheik/ Zelda weren't all that bad in Brawl. I'm still surprised Zelda sits at the bottom. I still enjoy playing as the duo, despite what the general consensus thinks of them (in Brawl).The player > the character, if you ask me ;)

But, yeah, Abaddon, I don't know if this warranted a new topic. I've got a feeling the moderators might have preferred if this topic was in the Smash 4 Sheik subforum or just a post in the main competitive thread. But- hey- what do I know? I joined this forum yesterday XD

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
I have been using Sheik a little but can someone explain how to use her side B and down B effectively? I don't understand how they used be used well.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I have been using Sheik a little but can someone explain how to use her side B and down B effectively? I don't understand how they used be used well.
SideB is decent for spacing or edgeguarding (toss it to the edge, detonate it when they climb up). DownB is decent for recovery or a quick surprise attack that can jump over some attacks.

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
Down B is pretty nice, when you are recovering from the ledge- you can controle the distance and surprise many opponents - it's a great KO move. Also it can be a neat combo finisher (even though it's pretty hard to do imho. I managed to do it one or two times.

I dont really use the side B often- I've seen Sheiks using it effectively.. but i honestly don't know how...

Top Bottom