• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
when peach is recovering (as in from below fair range/below the edge) and i dont have time to get to the edge b4 her and shes in umbrella mode is there anything i can do to get her out of it? or at that point do i just have to wait until she gets back up.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well if you can't reach there in time I'd say your best bet is needles though its doubtful you'll get it.

If you're right there you could just dtilt if you're on the stage.

And a whole variety full of aerials if you're on the edge.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well you could I don't see why not.

Be creative, you'll be surprised at the stuff that works :laugh:

But IMO the best way to edgeguard a peach whose options are to either land on stage really close to the edge or grab the ledge is to hold the edge and do ledgehop bairs/nairs.

If they're gonna dip under the edge to up-b use needles to cut them off before they can up-b.

Though if you play good peaches I doubt they'll allow themselves to be needled like that

/opinion

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
sorry. let me specify. I want to get my nair to move farther horizontally and at a lower trajectory. in essence how do i make sheiks SH lower lol. is there any way to build up momentum with sheik to increase the range?

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
tis true.... btw loved your stuff against Scar. its totally great. Has anyone noticed that Sheik boards has relatively few overall posts compared to most character boards?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its cuz a lot of people think

Sheik = ftilt fair

And don't really think past that :laugh:

Ok I'm kidding.

Its cuz actual sheik players are a rare :confused:

And thanks =3. Maybe I should play melee with a few friends and record to put up more sheikly vids XD

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Yes! more vids!!!

...But wait arent we all just ftilt fair?

kidding. I guess we are rare. idk why. Sheik doesnt really have a BAD matchup like most characters do. I mean there's fox. but fox doesnt kill us to the degree that we kill falcon. or something like that.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well at this point we'd be speculating really.

But I think the players that played for a while all want to go fox/falco. Mainly because of the amount of success they have in tourney, their flashy stuff, and people generally enjoy watching them.

But thats just my view on it. A lot of new players pick up sheik but probably don't know what to ask for, so they just play until they find something to ask about.

But again who knows :laugh:

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
When I play against Jiggs I always find myself running or falling into an uptilt at low percent, and then jiggs rests me to death. What's the best way to cover the uptilt option of jiggs all the time? CCing all the time? Camping with needles and bair all the time? Staying on the ground?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
It was also misspaced. In the words of Mythbusters: BUSTED!
wait, was that you in the vid? your name says "beast coast" so i dunno if you went to that tourny with darkrain and wobbles in gfinals

but by "misspaced" do you mean that it was a whiffed fair? cuz if he got the rest, that means that he was hella close. KK is right too though, that fair was really slow

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
he ( at least i think) means that the sheik was too close, or rather not far enough away. that makes me wonder though and ive always wanted to ask this. Can jiggly rest any part of ur body like ur foot in a nair or bair? or perhaps a tilt?

Spife

Smash Master
he ( at least i think) means that the sheik was too close, or rather not far enough away. that makes me wonder though and ive always wanted to ask this. Can jiggly rest any part of ur body like ur foot in a nair or bair? or perhaps a tilt?
If it has a hurt box, then in theory yes.

soap

Smash Hero
rest has no range, she will run into bair hitbox before she is in your hurtbox

fox on the other hand can usmash your toe off if u are bairing

Spife

Smash Master
rest has no range, she will run into bair hitbox before she is in your hurtbox

fox on the other hand can usmash your toe off if u are bairing

that doesn't mean she can't rest it. I'm thinking just off of respawn platform but I have no idea why you'd be attacking jiggs when jiggs has invincibility like that.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol soap i don't get it? You guys wanna know a quick nicaboy fun fact? I threw away my chance to play teczero and at the time junglefever to go party in orlando. I only slightly regret it cuz while enjoying myself i was like man i could be playing junglefever and teczero. Jason doesn't shut up about you guys so i feel bad sometimes. Only when i sobered up though lmao. Also to stay on topic what do you guys think about the sheik vs fox/ falco match ups? Im startin to feel like there just about even but maybe cuz im just used to the match up lol.

i also feel sheik is the second best character not marth due to her match ups. Its just i might go into details if i have to but thats just my opinion since i believe puff ganon falco and c falcon due a little to well vs marth and not so well vs sheik excluding falco.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Lol soap i don't get it? You guys wanna know a quick nicaboy fun fact? I threw away my chance to play teczero and at the time junglefever to go party in orlando. I only slightly regret it cuz while enjoying myself i was like man i could be playing junglefever and teczero. Jason doesn't shut up about you guys so i feel bad sometimes. Only when i sobered up though lmao. Also to stay on topic what do you guys think about the sheik vs fox/ falco match ups? Im startin to feel like there just about even but maybe cuz im just used to the match up lol.
=(

I was hoping to play you too :confused:.

LOL funny thing is Jason played me for like an entire night. Then the next day he played me in brackets for the tourney.

And I think sheik vs spacies is in the spacie's advantage.

EDIT: Spife - sure no problem XD.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
3 words. Gimp that ho. Jason doesn't like sheik. AT ALL! Cant blame him though. Edit the man edited my post. This makes me happy and i never meet soap. But i feel like he is black if not latino for sure

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I went Marth vs Jason :laugh:

I used sheik in GFs and one random match the entire time I was in FL :lick:

Funny random thing is some fox player CPed me with Mute City... I was confused but I just went peach and said w/e

nicaboy

Smash Champion
And he doesn't like marth either :(. I did hear my boy cameron a c falcon beat your marth then you went sheik. Then he left a very sad man :(. My god im just not tired this morning. Think imma run 2 miles about now. Btw those who do go to pound 4 represent. Hopefuly i can make it to herb 3 or something.

Top Bottom