• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Ledge Tech/Options [Video]

Xanesane

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xanesane
Nice video man very interesting tech that i now must work on.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Great video! Some of these are more useful than others, but it's good to know our options. I think a text writeup would be good for some of the trickier ones.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I would not condone jumping vanish to ledge, but it's always nice to know how many ways you can vanish glide :p

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I would not condone jumping vanish to ledge, but it's always nice to know how many ways you can vanish glide :p
Vanish to ledge isnt too risky if you have the timing down. Practice makes perfect.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I didn't mean the tech's difficulty, I meant its usefulness
I would say its pretty good in certain situations O_O, takes stocks and is safe if they dont punish the initial drop down.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Imagine the possiblilities if you were to add c-bouncing and needle fidgets to some of these options...

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Imagine the possiblilities if you were to add c-bouncing and needle fidgets to some of these options...
Technically the needle cancels > up b are fidgeting. But not much tbh.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Backwards crawl also leads into a vanish glide.

Jump cancelling the UpB with a normal vanish glide makes it go further and is easier. Also lets you do a turnaround vanish glide which is shorter.

I'm surprised you didn't include bf to the stage (the roll landing animation thing, idk what it's called) as it's a pretty good option as unlike the walljump breverse needles you can control how far you go.

Fidgeting at the ledge seems like a cheat version of ledge cancelling :p

Great vid :D

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Backwards crawl also leads into a vanish glide
You can actually waveland (crouch slide) backwards into a vanish glide near the ledge if you don't think you can get back out fast enough, which is also super stylish

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Backwards crawl also leads into a vanish glide.

Jump cancelling the UpB with a normal vanish glide makes it go further and is easier. Also lets you do a turnaround vanish glide which is shorter.

I'm surprised you didn't include bf to the stage (the roll landing animation thing, idk what it's called) as it's a pretty good option as unlike the walljump breverse needles you can control how far you go.

Fidgeting at the ledge seems like a cheat version of ledge cancelling :p

Great vid :D
Yeah, Jump Cancel one is aight ^^
Eh, thats not the point of the needles b reverse thing. If your opponent is baiting regular get up, they shield at ledge for a shield grab (Or most players would lmao.) thats why the needles one brings you into grab them. BF onto the ledge just leaves you open for a while.

Top Bottom