• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik FFV combo

Kyuubi_x

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if anyone knows this already but I figured out a combo that seems to work perfect on floaty characters like lucas, kirby, jigglypuff etc. Everytime i do this, it kills them 80% of the time, so i think its really useful to use for those sheik players out there.

FFV is basically fair>fair>vanish.
I usually start this combo from a forward throw and then do fair, fair, vanish

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hmm, sounds interesting, I like the fact though that you are integrating Sheiks ^B already in to your game play but this combo sounds pretty escapable also easily foreseen. Of course I haven’t played the game yet myself so I wouldn’t know about how much stun the enemy will have after getting hit by a Fair or how accurate you can direct the ^B in brawl.

A video would be much enjoyed.

Kyuubi_x

Smash Apprentice
I would record a video of it but i don't have the tools to do it. I could use a camera but the quality would suck..

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Not that I've tested it or anything, but it does sound very escapable. I don't think you're guaranteed anything off a f-throw whilst I should think there is enough to time to jump/airdodge out of the other attacks. But it's definately worth looking into ways to use up+b, so a video would be cool to see anyhow.

Edit: Kyuubi - Check out some of the British topics! Regional zones -> Europe -> whatever

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No one would ever die from fair -> fair -> vanish. Vanish wasn't buffed that much if at all IIRC. If the knockback on the fair is so little you can Vanish them, they won't die from it.

Also, there's less hitstun this time around, remember? Aerials, airdodge and Up Bs will screw this combo up. Not to mention DI.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
hmmm... i dont think this combo works really good either...
upB is an amazing kill move now, but you can hardly influence the third jump, and fair has almost no stun ....
i have to try it out sometime ^^

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
i think ftilt is the most combo-racking move to make...then id use what you suggested.

Top Bottom