• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Ditto's

Hissatsu2k9

Smash Cadet
Hello my fellow sheik players!!!

I love playing sheik, I feel I'm a good sheik player. I'm very good againt space animals and the other high teirs but I soon learned (After getting two stocked by Plank at sesticle) that I really suck at sheik ditto's can anyone give me some in depth advice or your personal experiances when fighting other sheiks I could really use the help

Thanks for the help

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
hmmm...i'd say the sheik that stays on the ground and tilts will have a better chance...also...in any ditto...it really comes down to who has the better tech skill and mindgames since you both have the same advantages...peace

-hiroshi
i don´t thinks so XD
i used to loose against any shiek player, no matter how bad he played.... i just couldnt handle another shiek...
its better now, dunno why...
i guess beeing defensive and trying to let you enemy aproach should help, also i read somewhere, that Bair use was smart against shiek, because it has more reach than the fair, which you dot want to get hit by XD

i dont know why i´m doing better vs. shieks now, maybe i just got better overall :p

Ares726

Smash Ace
Whenever you play in dittos you have to understand the weaknesses of your character. In other matches you have to understand the weaknesses of your opponents character and the strengths of yours. Also, who ever is better wins. That's not the case in every match up. A decent Sheik player can beat an amazing Bowser player pretty easily. However, once you take away character advantages and disadvantages and the stage advantages and disadvantages, you're left with player skill.

A few good ways to win a Sheik ditto are (1) the chaingrab, (2) edgeguarding, and (3) being better.

(1) Sheik can chaingrab herself for a ridiculous amount of damage. You will chaingrab your opponent if you get a grab in. Anybody who plays this game knows how to get in a grab, and once you get one in, they're chaingrabbed.

(2) Edgeguarding is another good way to beat other Sheiks. You don't really jump out after Sheik, but you can throw needles before they up-B, and then edgehog after they up-B. When you edgehog you make them go for the stage. This is a lose-lose situation for Sheik because you have to go further and you have a ton of landing lag. When you hang on the ledge you can ledgehop a fair and start racking up damage again.

(3) Being better really determines victory in this matchup. The best way you can get better is to play more, play with better people, and play this matchup more. If you can win all your other matches, but lose in dittos, you've got a problem. Just learn the ins and outs of your character and learn how to exploit them.

Banksya

Smash Ace
In my opinion there are two ways to go about it, being aggressive and defensive, with defensive being the better way to approach it. If you just wait for the other guy to attack and react to that, by getting a grab or starting a **** combo, you will probably win. A sheik has to be a decent amount better than the other to win by jumping on the other guy like an ***. 9 times out of 10 an aggressive sheik will either jump at you with an aerial or do a dash attack, so just grab them. Then proceed to chain throw, or if you want to be honorable just dthrow tilt, **** etc. You don't have to be extremely gay and camp, but I always try to be a little gayer than the other guy, just to be safe >_>

Top Bottom