• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Chain Jacket

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've heard rumors and whispers that her Brawl Chain Jacket is still in PM. Has anyone significantly tested this, or perfected it in PM? Could be very useful for her

Shrug

Smash Cadet
For anyone who might not be familiar with the chain jacket glitch, it's performed by using an attack, short hopping, and using the chain at the peak of your short hop. For some weird reason, this causes the chain to store the hitbox of the last move you used.

Yeah, it's still in. I've only done it in training mode, though. I'm not familiar with Brawl Sheik, so I don't know exactly what situations it would be good for. When I tried it out, I down smashed a computer off of the stage and then used the CJG with down smash's hitbox to cover the ledge.

What other situations would CJG be useful in? Also, is down smash the best hitbox to use for this glitch? If you're using it for edgeguarding, it seems like down smash is the best choice since it sends them more horizontally.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well not just for edgeguarding, but in certain MU's where they might have trouble approaching. Say on BF and they prefer to jump in: being slightly under one plat and twirling the chain might give them problems if they can't get around or overpower it.

I don't know what attacks would be best, but I do recall giving the chain sweet spots, like sweetspot Usmash. I have no idea how sweet and sourspot hits work for the chain though.

Shrug

Smash Cadet
I see what you mean about how useful it could be if you can stand under a platform with it. You have the added benefit of it not being expected.

I don't know how to manipulate which hitbox your chain gets either. If it's possible, then the sweet spot from up smash would be pretty nice.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
I've tried doing it and I can't manage to get it right. It feels like it's no longer there.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The timing is probably different since I can imagine her fall speed/jumps probably don't perfectly synch between Brawl and Melee/PM. I don't know how to get it anymore though: it's rumored to still be in but nobody has a guide or info for doing it in PM at all

Arcalyth

GLS | root
It's a one-frame window at the peak of her short hop. You need to use at least 3 hit boxes (a single nair or dsmash will work) before using chain jacket or you'll crash the game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I knew about the hitbox pre-quirement and the Brawl timing, but is the timing really the same? I figured at least 1 thing would be off: sh height, fall speed, chain activation, etc

Top Bottom