• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Chain Grabbing

MasterLance

Smash Rookie
I want to ask you all a question if there is a section that explains the Sheik chain grab, how it works and upto what percentage on every character. Can anyone help me?

Also, I am curious about DI. If my opponent has the best DI rivaling a computer, upto what percentage woudl the chaingrab work as well?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sheik
Marth (Only works if Marth DIs away from you, however you get a guaranteed re-grab if you CG at 0)
Bowser
Game and Watch
Ganondorf
Link
Pichu
Mewtwo (If he DI away from you)
Ness
Pikachu
Roy
Yoshi

characters it works on. I don't believe that there's an actual thread itself, however.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
After axe and kage pulled **** out at some of the last tournaments, I feel it'd be a good idea to get some chaingrab practice against low tiers . Never know who you're gonna face

Puppet_Master

Smash Cadet
I think Junglefever has a solid list. If you're looking for a detailed thread, you should ask on the "Sheik Q&A Thread Ask Questions Here!" and maybe someone can refer you.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you can regrab if they don't go much higher than your head if they do f-tilt or fair(high percent or percent up-tilt or dair/upair) upair kills better than fair sometimes like peach or puff maybe samus.

the master guide to d-throw right there basically.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ganon just like

Be able to do it at like 10-14 or so on away DI

Since it doesn't work at 0-7 or so anyway on away DI

Just tech chase the first grab if he DIs away or something, maybe the next one, and then do the CG to death. The CG works to like 70 or so, then just hit him offstage and recycle generic Sheik edgeguard until he's dead.

I can't do the CG vs the slight DIs and other nonsense perfectly after like 40 so I just do monster U-tilt / Uair / Dair / other stuff combos and get basically the same damage and setup but if you wanna learn how to grab him over and over then sure go for it whatever.

Pikachu is similar.

I can regrab the DI away at like 0-5 or whatever but the whole slight DI thing is really trippy after like 20 if they have good jump timing and I don't really practice it so I don't have the awesome super **** CG skills. So I just U-tilt or whatever into a big combo if they DI that way. And it's always seemed about equally effective anyway. Since the CG only really works to like 50 or 60 on Pikachu anyway I like the combo more since it often does more damage amazingly lolol.

Even then it's not like Pikachu can keep pace with 40-50% throw combos plus Sheik's ridiculous KO power. Learn to U-smash the slight DI at like 70 and Pikachu becomes incredibly fluffy.

Not that I look into these things.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Fighting as Pikachu and as Sheik against another Sheik player, I always seem to get out around 45% with slight DI behind the CG'er. However, this is risky because of the sweet spot Usmash...so basically, if you get a grab in tournament, they're in trouble for a good amount of percent.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Yeah, its pretty much the d-throw over and over, but if they DI out of it, you tech chase them. It takes some time to get used to tech chasing tho ^_^;
Once the chain grab starts to hit the opponent too high in the air, try to catch when chain grabbing is too much and turn it into an awesome combo O_~b

It does not work the same way going against every character though.

Konata Star

Smash Rookie
I heven't seen a full thread about the exact percents of a Sheik chain grab. Do you really need to know the exact percents though? I mean, dthrow over and over isn't that hard to pull off and if they DI to far away you just tech chase them and continue the chain grab.

FireFly

Smash Lord
0-68 on sheik dittos? then you can go to like 98 and ftilt utilt then uair kill 127 i think on yoshis

gm jack

Smash Lord
I heven't seen a full thread about the exact percents of a Sheik chain grab. Do you really need to know the exact percents though? I mean, dthrow over and over isn't that hard to pull off and if they DI to far away you just tech chase them and continue the chain grab.
I assume if you know when it ends it allows you to finish the combo rather than miss a grab.

Top Bottom