• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's so awesome to see the Shantae series' popularity grow so quickly and explonentially in front of our very eyes. ( especially the last couple of years )
She's reaching so many milestones.
Our girl is becoming big and I'm here for it !
Hopefully soon one of those milestones is Shantae becoming playable in Smash. I really hope all of this Shantae merchandise coming out plus Seven Sirens getting promoted heavily in Japanese theaters mean something more than just a promotion push for Seven Sirens.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Here is another poll that we should support our favorite Half Genie Hero.

I dunno if multiple characters are allowed since the rules are a little ambiguous so I hope the vote gets counted.

https://indie.live-expo.games/en/

This is a very interesting event happening in Japan on June 6th. It's basically a conference containing a lot of indie games from around the world to increase exposure of the genre. If a Wayforward game appears here it'll be a good sign.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Man, limited run games is on a Shantae surge. They just announced these limited shantae cards, either individually or as a shantae mega bundle, whatever that is.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Man, limited run games is on a Shantae surge. They just announced these limited shantae cards, either individually or as a shantae mega bundle, whatever that is.

Im almost tempted to buy the mega bundle.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/shantae-mega-bundle

Pretty darn expensive for a bundle though. Not sure if my wallet can handle it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ah I see. the bundle gives 4 copies of the game... which really doesn't seem needed for most people, even die hard collectors.
Two for me, one for my friend, and another I don't know what to do with lol! Maybe give two of them to my friend. :)

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Ah I see. the bundle gives 4 copies of the game... which really doesn't seem needed for most people, even die hard collectors.
Yeah, the price really doesn't add up when you think about it. It'll be cheaper if you just buy four copies individually. The plush and cards aren't that expensive either. Getting those separately will save you a bundle (figuratively speaking).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, the price really doesn't add up when you think about it. It'll be cheaper if you just buy four copies individually. The plush and cards aren't that expensive either. Getting those separately will save you a bundle (figuratively speaking).
I would still buy it for collecting purposes especially since Shantae is one of my favorite gaming franchises.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You're buying two normal copies, Switch and PS4 and then two collector's editons, Switch and PS4, and the 4 trading cards and the shantae plush.

35+35+70+70+24+5+5.50 for shipping comes to 244.50 (atleast here in states) then multiply by your tax wherever you live. its same amount.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've been passing the time by thinking of a Shantae & Mario themed RPG... and it's occurred to me that the five Shantae games are comparable to the five Mario & Luigi titles in interesting ways.

- The original Shantae & Superstar Saga obviously both served to introduce their series and conventions.
- Risky's Revenge & Partners in Time are sequels that struggle to live up to their predecessors and successors, both being undercooked in some ways.
- Pirate's Curse & Bowser's Inside Story are both often seen as the pinnacle of their series, despite their drastic shake-up in mechanics (Gear in the former, Bowser for the latter)

The two latest games muddy things up a bit...

- Half-Genie Hero is actually closer to Paper Jam. They both arguably push their traditional gameplay mechanics to their limits, but also have rather formulaic plots compared to the standards raised by other games. The former even has a bit of that crossover vibe going with Officer mode.
- Seven Sirens & Dream Team have similar settings of island resorts with hidden secrets, and see the protagonist empowered in unique ways.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So seems like that 1 rumor thats been floating around for ages has come true

It does look a lot better then some past ones.. and that release date is so soon! I feel maybe this virus may not have delayed everything this year

Dukefire

Smash Master
Stickers, Color, Paper Jam to real world by storybook, and now Origami.

Paper Mario's world is facing what actual paper will be used for in the real world. It looks interesting and bowser not being the villian for a change, but I need to see more of the battle gameplay.

Well, this does give hope of a Smash Ultimate Sakurai explain trailer will drop soon in June.

Edit: ProsafiaGaming showed screenshots and the gameplay trailer in one video.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I've been fanboying and analyzing the Paper Mario stuff all day. I swear if they actually make Paper Mario the "ARMS" character I will laugh so hard.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've been fanboying and analyzing the Paper Mario stuff all day. I swear if they actually make Paper Mario the "ARMS" character I will laugh so hard.
I'm mainly looking forward to any potential ARMS references in Origami King. The arms are motion controlled already. Now imagine if it turns out you have to fight with them at one point...

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
WOOO!!! MY ORDER WAS COMPLETED!

I got the trading cards, plush doll and the collector's edition!

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I just bought the trading cards since I'm out of money atm. Gonna buy the digital edition since I don't want to buy it twice or wait to play.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I'm a sucker. I got the Switch CE, the plush and the cards. It will be a bummer waiting so long to play the game, but it will all look so nice on a shelf.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I bought the Switch CE, the Shantae plush, and the trading cards. I'm happy yes, but my wallet no it was worth it.
I'll probably get Shantae & the Seven Sirens Digital when it comes out so I can play the game.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Ordered CE, plush, and trading cards in less than a minute. I didn't expect that shipping cost though. That aside, still worth it.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Ordered CE, plush, and trading cards in less than a minute. I didn't expect that shipping cost though. That aside, still worth it.
Since they'll all be shipping together the packing would exceed 1.5lbs in weight and thus the "heavier shipping" cost.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
YES!!! I secured and completed my purchase of two copies of the Switch Collector's Edition, two plushes, and one set of the trading cards.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yeah, the shipping cost gave me some sticker shock as well. I'm used to online shopping that gives you free shipping after the price reaches a certain range lol.

Oh well, it's not an every day purchase and official Shantae merch isn't that common right now.

Staarih

Smash Master
Ah, thanks guys, almost forgot the preorders began today. Got just the simple Switch physical version. I'm super busy this summer, so I'm not sure if I'll even get the Seven Sirens when it comes out later this month, might as well wait for the physical version to arrive.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was planning on buying it right at 10, but i was in 1 store for over 6 hours buolding 5 pellegrino displays... luckily the switch ce, plus, and cards were still Available, and just ordered them

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If anyone here isn't shy about Seven Sirens soundtracks, would you consider yourself an east islander or west islander? I go with the latter.

Top Bottom