• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
This is ridiculous.
All I did was giving my unpopular opinion and try to make people remain realistic.
Besides, I did my investigation on the Shantae thread which means that I tried to keep the dream alive for Shantae fans. I didn't go in other support threads to bring people down. I did the exact contrary of what you accuse me of. :)
Sorry.
I mean, it's crushing my dreams, anyway...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Morning guys. So still no 100% on real or fake huh? it seems like it still can go either way, and the art does have a tone of inconsistancies. The stage ones I beleive people should be looking more at the actual banner and not that battlefield empty stage we saw, as i feel like those are 2 different backgrounds(the banner being painted differently with less background clutter)

She does still look extremely awkward in that position alone...

EDIT:
View attachment 171867
I still think this is best for Daisy.
Yup, if Shantae is coming thats her spot, and that Daisy just seems so.... odd by herself there.

Also, in the process of editing this mock up of the CS with with the leak characters to include others that still may show up in base,

Smash CHaracter select screen.png

I've been hearing supposidly credible people saying there are characters missing, but of course they aren't saying who other then Incineroar... at this point why won't they say a name or hint at who it may be to try and make it sound like they aren't just looking at Verge?

EDIT:

https://www.facebook.com/MarinaPLV/

Yes it is and the translation is quite accurate
Well now, that is interesting. I think this may be a big nail in the coffin for this leak actually.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
HOLD UP EVERYONE! We contacted the WRONG Marketing company!

He worked at ACP PLV, NOT Marina PLV!!!

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
OMG understand... it was blurry because it was a freaking screenshot of a snapchat video of a wristband, do you even get it?
As a snapchat user myself, which you don't seem to be, I can tell you that taking a screeshot does not reduce the quality of the image.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
We NEED journalists to get into contact with ACP PLV. THEY are the company Eric was working for. He deliberately made his LinkedIn private AFTER the leak surfaced.

We need to contact THEM, not Marina.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
HOLD UP EVERYONE! We contacted the WRONG Marketing company!

He worked at ACP PLV, NOT Marina PLV!!!
He did work at Marina PLV. The thing is that he left on 2016. Unless ACP PLV mentions it, the leak won't be fully debunked.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
He did work at Marina PLV. The thing is that he left on 2016. Unless ACP PLV mentions it, the leak won't be fully debunked.
Do you not understand what I'm getting at here? ACP PLV is who the journalists should've contacted. They are the ones that were found on the leaker's profile before her made it private.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
OMG understand... it was blurry because it was a freaking screenshot of a snapchat video of a wristband, do you even get it?
UGH! NO MORE!

This leak is so stupid. That's just an excuse for being blurry.

Swear to god, this is one of the best fake leaks out there to have you all fooled like this. Either that or this **** was made at a desperate time.

zferolie

Smash Hero
New post from 4chan

So we have proof he works there, but still no proof if this company actually does game marketing or not. Its very possible he did this with his own free time and printed it out on their printers during lunch or something

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
The Marina statement means nothing, as it's the WRONG company. People should've tried to reach out to ACP PLV instead of the other.

So we have proof he works there, but still no proof if this company actually does game marketing or not. Its very possible he did this with his own free time and printed it out on their printers during lunch or something
Yep, ArtsyOmni (graphic designer) said it's not uncommon at all for people at printing companies to use the company tools for personal things.

The Marina statement means nothing, as it's the WRONG company. People should've tried to reach out to ACP PLV instead of the other.
The only reason people looked into Marina is because they work with Bandai Namco, if ACP has no connection to Bamco or Nintendo then we officially have our smoking gun.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yep, ArtsyOmni (graphic designer) said it's not uncommon at all for people at printing companies to use the company tools for personal things.

The only reason people looked into Marina is because they work with Bandai Namco, if ACP has no connection to Bamco or Nintendo then we officially have our smoking gun.
Thats what I am thinking may have happened. Its very possible that chadindorf is the same guy, or this artist saw that and liked the roster, and made it himself, hence why it also says **** Nintendo.

As for if they worked for Namco, we have no 100% proof of that yet. we do have proove they work in the game industry, with this from AC: Unity

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
One good thing came out of this fake leak though. The ****ing Grinch memes are hilarious. I think I laughed way too hard looking at some of them last night.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay, so there's this interview, in which the President of Nintendo of France, states that they're handling the marketing of the game themselves. So, Namco probably has no connection to this, meaning, that if we find anything, it has to be related to Nintendo.
https://www.lsa-conso.fr/philippe-l...argir-notre-cible-de-joueurs-interview,219420
Thats from 2015, so it would have been the marketing for the last game. Things could have change but we cannot be sure.

Plus, even if Nintendo is handling the marketing they could hire a printing company to print the stuff.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Debunking a leak doesn't deconfirm the characters in it. Just look at Palutena.
Except the Palutena leak didn't become a known fake UNTIL she was revealed in that awesome anime trailer.

EDIT: Oh and good morning all. We need that time again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmmmmm.....
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I think he’s lying about those 2

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hmmmmm.....
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I think he’s lying about those 2
Glad to see he's having fun still. Haven't seen them mention smash in awhile, but not a word about shantae.... HMMMMMMMMing intensifies

MattX20

Smash Hero
Even if Shantae isn't in the base roster, DLC is still possible. It annoys me when people just give up in light of the whole Grinch leak, regardless of whether it's real or fake, when we still don't have the full picture or what remaining info there is to come in the final Smash Ultimate Direct before the game comes out.

zferolie

Smash Hero

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
My boys over at the Isaac thread made a good point about how the grinch leak is still living despite the debunking going on. take a look.
I posted this in the Geno thread, but it needs repeating here. This leak is literally impossible to conclusively debunk as of now. And the way leaks go, the more time that passes, the more legit they seem. This is the ULTIMATE leak. This is epic.

-Banjo looks wonky? Well the photo I sent so blurry anyways it’s a shock you can tell who’s in there to start with.

-Conclits with Sakurai? There are only 10 true newcomers if this is true. The least in the series.

-Conflicts with vergeben and other surface leakers like Jon from gamexplain? If papa Genos is to be believed, Incinroar was leak bait.

-Battlefield looks slightly different? The photo looks like crap for one, but more importantly the battlefield in official material from elsewhere has also changed too.

-Where would they announce this all? The intro cinematic, which would be in the style of Melee. Could tie into the story mode.

-He is no longer employed by Marina? Cool, Nintendo actu and Liam Robertson privately confirmed he was at ACP Anyways.

-ACP has no ties to this material? Actually the materials in the photo have some of their watermarks. And we know they’ve worked with game material.

-The leaker will step forward? He still hasn’t. And it’s been over 24 hours.

-Microsoft/rareware and Camelot aren’t on the company list in the office demos? Well duh, they aren’t gonna let that slip in the official demos prior to the annocuement.

-Banjo is impossible due to being Microsoft owned? May I remind you that this is smash bros ULTIMATE! If there was ever a time to do the impossible and see the invisible, it’s now.

-Isaac is irrelevant therefore the leak is fake? Exhibit A, King K rool.

On every single conceivable level thus far, this has proven to be utterly shatter proof. Until someone presents evidence which fundamentally destroys a critical part of the leak, one which has no counter, then it’s safe to say real. It’s just because of how strong the fundamentals of this leak have remained over the last 24 hours that I honestly can’t stand againt it. And believe me, I’m actively trying. I spent 12 hours yesterday trying to debunk this. And every single point that was presented has been countered.

Top Bottom