• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basty

Smash Ace
About bringing players to SS6, I would like to see Kage come just for the fact that PAL Ganon sucks
But seriously a canadian player coming would be cool

GeeMon

Smash Rookie
I had a stupid amount of fun at SS and can't wait until the new year for the next one.

Since SS I decided to really commit to this game. I've competed in a lot of eSports in the past but the vibe and hype of SS I've never experienced before. Can't wait!

Basty

Smash Ace
Maybe if Armada comes next year we should let him stay for like a month, and make him attend both SS6 and Buttonsmash

Meredy

The Busterina
Maybe if Armada comes next year we should let him stay for like a month, and make him attend both SS6 and Buttonsmash
Make him attend? It's up to him m8. Besides, one month here might be pushing it in terms of his schedule, and housing would be an issue.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If we were able to sit down and figure out a way to quench the thirst for a huge australian grand final with a hyped bracket, while also appeasing various internationals to still enjoy themselves/get something out of attending, that would be amazing.

Been racking my brain over that for years now since M2K, but still haven't ever really gotten to a conclusion beyond not having economic incentives for them (i.e. not entered into bracket, happy with their flights being paid for/holiday) but when we're looking at tippity top, where this is their livelihoods, we can't really expect them to still be keen under those circumstances.

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
I feel like that if people want a Aus vs Aus grand final we should have 2 brackets
The Aus Bracket (aus/nz players only) and the Championship bracket (Players may enter with there own choice)
I have no idea how no one came up with this
probably cause it is a crappy idea lmao

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
There would never be enough time to run two brackets like that though, at a tournament like SSV for example, everyone would enter both brackets to play more games and get the hype factor from both. You'd need an extra 2 days lol.

S.D

Smash Master
Both are good, I feel like a big Aus major would be amazing, but having pros over has benefit too, just takes away from the hype and interstate rivalries etc. No real way to fix it apart from not have internationals. Or have them pay their own way if they want to compete like everyone else.

Splice

Smash Hero
I feel the only thing we missed from Aussie Shadowloo was a few more recording setups, maybe we should put more stream focus on interstate matches than internationals (ie. me vs Syke streamed instead of Lucky vs ???, is there anything you'd rather watch than a match that was decided by a Miles quality dunk?)

I got to see all the matches I wanted to see; Phil vs Spup, SD vs Dekar, SD vs Cao, Cao vs Syke rematch, Spup vs Karu, Splice vs Spup rematch and Splice vs Syke. I think all these matchups made for a good Aussie tournament and I mean watching Dekar and SD duke it out in losers semi finals meant more then and there than watching the Grand finals of shadowloo last year. Plus heaps of interesting matches were played in pools, I really didn't feel the internationals drew away from Aussie hype at all, it's a shame you guys feel that way.

TedXV and RJ's absence hurt more :(

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Maybe we should have an international guest at just 1 of the majors next year, e.g shadowloo or buttonsmash and have the other one purely Aus. Having just 1 international player destroys a bracket and changes everything. Random example at SS - If I had beaten splice I would have then lost to lucky and had to play spup in losers, which at a 125 man tourney is a bit derp... They just throw out seeding and it really takes out a lot of drive for people to compete hard, I know it did for me anyway.

So 1 guest tourney where everyone just goes ham and then an Aus only hype tourney with no... obstructions.

S.D

Smash Master
At the same time though I feel like it's the wrong attitude to go into a match against Lucky with the mindset of "I'm about to lose". I know I didn't and I had two sets go to game 5 while he was here. Wasn't so close at SS but I never felt like I couldn't win. (Armada tho another story no diss to my boy Joey).

Agree with Billy about the recordings though, there were matches I missed that I would have loved to see.

S.D

Smash Master
invisi went 2-1 in pools v lucky so he must be pretty gewd as well rite?

No that it really counts cause lucky plays pretty casual but 3-0 record on fd son so I already won a set waddup
Because Lucky went Link against me in WSF and tried to bomb wall jump kill me every stock? Just coz he tries to style doesn't mean he doesn't try... He's clearly a stronger player than me but I'm not incapable of winning games or a set.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
International players are a huge incentive for players to come from out of state, and it is also a huge morale booster for the community which inspires people to improve even more.

Assuming we have a couple of players come out and they take 1st and 2nd, couldn't we just make a big show out of 3rd and 4th place having a Bo5?

Splice

Smash Hero
International players are a huge incentive for players to come from out of state, and it is also a huge morale booster for the community which inspires people to improve even more.

Assuming we have a couple of players come out and they take 1st and 2nd, couldn't we just make a big show out of 3rd and 4th place having a Bo5?
That's what we had at SSV at it was the hyper than any GF I've attended

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
The real challenge is beating dave at a major or beating S.D at a local

vice versa is just a freebie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom