• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I made a rebuttal signature and then paint crashed
today i am cry

edit: was resizing the page and i saw shedinja

Last edited:

Bu$

HoC
We should actually get some hype around some salty exhibitions . We have heaps of time to get some ideas rolling too. I up vote the falcon round robin of the top 4 falcon players in aus. Question is, who are they?

Splice

Smash Hero
Bus, Skeletom, Dekar and possibly Grim are the top falcons I know. I propose a Shiek round robin with Timic, RedX, Sebby and Me (SurPr15e).
dude you don't know enough to call out the good top Falcons and no-one wants to watch a Sheik dittos they're ****ing bad.
And you would not be in the round robin anyway, the daddy-long-legs spider living in the corner of my room probably plays sheik better than you.

Skeletom, Smokin' puppy, Aggromidget (if he can attend) are probably the best C.Falcon mains, but obvs Dekar could fill in for lack of a better 4th or whatever.
It'd be more interesting if we could get purely Falcon mains though. Ted/Andrew would be the best Falcons in NSW, right? I don't know much about the NSW dudes, but it'd be great to have their best Falcon in the exhibition.

Hell, Perth can stick their best man in too just for the sake of dat interstate mix.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
dude you don't know enough to call out the good top Falcons and no-one wants to watch a Sheik dittos they're ****ing bad.
And you would not be in the round robin anyway, the daddy-long-legs spider living in the corner of my room probably plays sheik better than you.
Ouch, that was harsh. :/

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I taught that arachnid-class harvestman everything he knows.
he's improving fast, and with 8 legs he can DJC like crazy.

Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Of course the truth hurts, but then I also have this to say this. Payback's a ***** and that's exactly what I'm going to bring at Shadowloo Showdown to each and every one of you. If Grim thought he was the best at everything he did including trash talking well then he's just met his match. I'm SurPr15e, the best in the world at what I do and I'm going bring a huge payload of payback, hype, thunder and SurPr15e's. I'll be around forever spreading my legend throughout the whole of Australia.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
Of course the truth hurts, but then I also have this to say this. Payback's a ***** and that's exactly what I'm going to bring at Shadowloo Showdown to each and every one of you. If Grim thought he was the best at everything he did including trash talking well then he's just met his match. I'm SurPr15e, the best in the world at what I do and I'm going bring a huge payload of payback, hype, thunder and SurPr15e's. I'll be around forever spreading my legend throughout the whole of Australia.
Bring it.

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Lay off the **** talk surprise.

But seriously, this tourney is getting mad hype with interstate attendance.

S.D

Smash Master

Skeletom, Smokin' puppy, Aggromidget (if he can attend) are probably the best C.Falcon mains, but obvs Dekar could fill in for lack of a better 4th or whatever.
It'd be more interesting if we could get purely Falcon mains though. Ted/Andrew would be the best Falcons in NSW, right? I don't know much about the NSW dudes, but it'd be great to have their best Falcon in the exhibition.

Hell, Perth can stick their best man in too just for the sake of dat interstate mix.
I'd beat all of the above in Falcon dittos. Get at me. But yeah Falcon mains would be best.

Anyways, pretty hyped for Perth. If we could get 4 states for crews? Damn. Crew bracket.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hey Surprise.

You're not going to be in any exhibition match in any way, shape or form.

You bring no hype and no one wants to watch you play. People cheered to see Cody 4 stock you, not to see you play.

You did not make any sort of almost come back, there's a big difference between your opponent throwing a game and you making a come back so I encourage you to learn to recognize that.

Just thought I'd let you know before you get your hopes up. I think you could mature a bit further and stop ruining the forums in all honesty please.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
SurPr15e is the hero the forums deserve.

Also I'll probably come to SS this year.
Surprise is also making newer players who arent posting here, not want to begin posting here either.

I've actually had people not here on the forums say "yeah smash boards seems dumb with people like surprise" and they just stick to other groups eg skype or facebook.

So yeah Surprise is definately a hero, the one making other forms of smash communication better for everyone else by only being on the forums.

Thanks surprise

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Melbourne often has poor housing, so if you do need housing the sooner you post and even chase people up the more chance you have of guaranteeing you have somewhere to stay.

On that note my housing is reserved unfortunately, but there are definately others in Melb who can house people.

If you're really struggling let me know and I'm happy to try help out where I can.

S.D

Smash Master
I'll probably look at staying at CQ this time around, just for convenience's sake. If 2-3 people are down to split that'd be an option. We really should support the venues when we can after all.

Splice

Smash Hero
Melbourne often has poor housing, so if you do need housing the sooner you post and even chase people up the more chance you have of guaranteeing you have somewhere to stay.
Yep! To expand on that, if you are planning on coming and don't want to fork out for a hotel, try to give the people that could host you some notice.
People are gonna be less keen about last minute inquisitions just a week before the tournament.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
I'll probably look at staying at CQ this time around, just for convenience's sake. If 2-3 people are down to split that'd be an option. We really should support the venues when we can after all.
Depending on cost and how many splitting, I might be able to chip in for splitting the cost.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Venue doesn't look like it's confirmed atm. Don't be making decisions so rashly. If they can't find one, the date might even change...

S.D

Smash Master
For a full weekend of smash, a quality venue and a fantastic experience, the price is well within reason; however I understand people have varying financial situations. I think you'll find it worthwhile.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
For a full weekend of smash, a quality venue and a fantastic experience, the price is well within reason; however I understand people have varying financial situations. I think you'll find it worthwhile.
Yea, if you're enthusiatic for it then it'll almost surely work out in your favour. Also the first tournament is often your surprise factor and you can get some really surprising places - less so with a major but it can still happen.

Additionally you learn heaps and if you love the game then that just adds to it. :D

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Venue doesn't look like it's confirmed atm. Don't be making decisions so rashly. If they can't find one, the date might even change...
I just talked to the SS guys and this is a little wrong. SLHQ (their home monthly tournament place) is not confirmed yet, where as CQ hotel for SS is 100% booked and everything already, dates aren't gonna change, venues set and everything is locked in.

I also have a big announcement to make tonight and there will be a post here at 5pm about it.

You thought the Nintendo news couldn't get better today? Just wait and see...

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
I just talked to the SS guys and this is a little wrong. SLHQ (their home monthly tournament place) is not confirmed yet, where as CQ hotel for SS is 100% booked and everything already, dates aren't gonna change, venues set and everything is locked in.

I also have a big announcement to make tonight and there will be a post here at 5pm about it.

Glad to hear about the venue, been keeping an ear out about this stuff for the Perth people who aren't lurking.

The Smash news today has got me so incredibly hype, keen to hear what this announcement is.

Hughie

Smash Lad

I hate announcement-announcements so much, I get too excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom